Bra's Potential

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Bra's Potential

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:36 pm

So while Bulla has barely any official history to her, I feel she could have the most potential among the half Saiyans due to the Power Vegeta has currently.

I know she is more like a Bulma 2.0 from what we have seen from her

So I was wondering what Her Potential power could be Due to Vegeta having SSJ Blue.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Bulla's Potential

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:55 pm

I think she probably has incredible potential; the lack of a time-skip is the only thing stopping her really. Without it she'll remain the same as Pan--super-powerful, but a baby.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Unless they want to remove Gohan's most potential hack from the story she will have less potential than gohan..
He needs to be not trained for years and still has to be shown being capable of one shotting tagoma..
A character with so much potential is hard to write out of the story easily, unless they plan on making her the main character she won't be having much potential, or won't ever train so we never know
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Bulla thread? I'm in.
inb4 the thread is renamed to "Bra's potential" by a mod/admin
Ki Breaker wrote:Unless they want to remove Gohan's most potential hack from the story she will have less potential than gohan..
I think that idea died when Future Trunks became able to combat Merged Zamasu.
ZeroDio wrote:I know she is more like a Bulma 2.0 from what we have seen from her
Not really. If we use Toriyama only (that means interviews and Z, no GT or Fusions), there's far from enough of Bulla to really say if she takes after her mother or her father. That said, the fact that she literally tells Pan not to kill her opponent (manga version of EoZ) makes me think that there's definitely some paternal influence going on.
Chuquita wrote:I think she probably has incredible potential; the lack of a time-skip is the only thing stopping her really. Without it she'll remain the same as Pan--super-powerful, but a baby.
Being stuck in the current timeframe really is the biggest problem. Her having potential is useless if she's an infant for the rest of the story.

-

If we're going to attribute a character's potential to the strength of the parents (the Super Saiyan inheritance theory), then Bulla should have the most potential by far, based on (Blue) Vegeta's strength. Following the theory, she should essentially be Super Saiyan at birth, too. I doubt they'll have that much fun with her when the time comes, though.
I'm not sure if "starting power" is based on potential, so for all I know, she could have enormous potential but be born with a power level of 1, or she could be born with a natural million power level. There's no real way to say. I know what I'm hoping for, though... but this isn't the thread for that.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:32 pm

Alruneia wrote: I think that idea died when Future Trunks became able to combat Merged Zamasu.
Not really, he is very easy to write out of the story to not make him the mc...
He going back to the future which isn't even his, it's basically him getting written out so he dosen't break the story..
Either way, trunks dosen't have more potential than gohan, that was just bullshit, utterly pointless stuff
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:16 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Alruneia wrote: I think that idea died when Future Trunks became able to combat Merged Zamasu.
He going back to the future which isn't even his, it's basically him getting written out so he dosen't break the story..
Either way, trunks dosen't have more potential than gohan, that was just bullshit, utterly pointless stuff
It was never stated in Super that Trunks has more potential than Goku and Vegeta, let alone Gohan. What happened is that fighting Black over and over, Trunks got incredibly strong (remember that Saiyans get stronger the more they fight, this was stated way back in Namek arc, even if it only became evident recently) To top it off, Trunks got a new form out of rage. Yeah, rage used to be Gohan's thing but since BoG it no longer is, and by the way rage has always been the key for Saiyans getting stronger.
So if Trunks and Vegeta can get that strong with rage, they can easily write Gohan getting a higher boost than thems, through rage. Unless they want to forget about that trait of his and treat his Mystic form like a cure for his rage.
The possibilities they have with Gohan are endless though. They could even make his Mystic form OP for some reason (if done well, I would love it to happen)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:41 am

emperior wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
It was never stated in Super that Trunks has more potential than Goku and Vegeta, let alone Gohan. What happened is that fighting Black over and over, Trunks got incredibly strong (remember that Saiyans get stronger the more they fight, this was stated way back in Namek arc, even if it only became evident recently) To top it off, Trunks got a new form out of rage. Yeah, rage used to be Gohan's thing but since BoG it no longer is, and by the way rage has always been the key for Saiyans getting stronger.
So if Trunks and Vegeta can get that strong with rage, they can easily write Gohan getting a higher boost than thems, through rage. Unless they want to forget about that trait of his and treat his Mystic form like a cure for his rage.
The possibilities they have with Gohan are endless though. They could even make his Mystic form OP for some reason (if done well, I would love it to happen)
Yes, we were talking about how bulla won't have more potential than gohan as it's hard to write them out coz their power skyrockets easily..

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:04 am

I hope I,m wrong, but I think Bulla will be on the weaker scale power wise.
But only because she's not a fighter and doesn't care about training.
If super will flow over into GT we all know that Bulla will not become a fighter like Pan and that she couldn't even fly unless possessed by baby.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Toriyama said that she has the potential to go SSJ. Since she's a half Saiyan there's no excuse for her to not be able to go if she trains because we've already seen Gohan, Goten, and Trunks go SSJ at young ages.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:49 pm

i hope she will be a fighter and not a skank like in gt

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:31 pm

She would probably be the new Gohan: highest potential, no trains or is not interested in fighting. Then again, she is the perfect, only one who can have more potential than Gohan and have an excuse in-universe, being born with Vegeta being already a SSB. It just depends of what they want to do with her (Hopefully something better than GT where she just dissapeared at one point).
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:13 pm

I didn't care for how GT treated her. Would've rather seen her training with Vegeta instead of riding around in the car with him.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm honestly not interested in seeing another damn Saiyan fighting,are 8 Saiyan enough, you know is ironic when people complained about DBZ having to much saiyans, and yet people are demanding more Saiyan :wtf:,I'm hoping girl broly is the last Saiyan that is shown to be a fighter meanwhile pan and bra will be worthless spectators like most of the characters
Mostly active on discord.

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:31 am

Let's be honest guys, the only thing that has any solid influence in her potential is the whims of the creative staff. It's probably not going to be shown to be that high though.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:07 am

ZeroDio wrote:So while Bulla has barely any official history to her, I feel she could have the most potential among the half Saiyans due to the Power Vegeta has currently.

So I was wondering what Her Potential power could be Due to Vegeta having SSJ Blue.
She's balled "Bra", you know.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:44 am

Alruneia wrote:inb4 the thread is renamed to "Bra's potential" by a mod/admin
Successful inb4. I've been here too long...
sangofe wrote:She's called "Bra", you know.
The FUNimation dub of Dragon Ball is an American localisation of the Dragon Ball franchise which started in the Frieza arc of Dragon Ball Z. The dubbing continued on to cover all of Z, GT and Ball, and the company is currently releasing their Kai and Super dubs. Currently, the dub is led by Christopher Sabat, who is also the voice actor behind characters such as Vegeta, Piccolo and Jeice.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:14 am

Alruneia wrote:
Alruneia wrote:inb4 the thread is renamed to "Bra's potential" by a mod/admin
Successful inb4. I've been here too long...
sangofe wrote:She's called "Bra", you know.
The FUNimation dub of Dragon Ball is an American localisation of the Dragon Ball franchise which started in the Frieza arc of Dragon Ball Z. The dubbing continued on to cover all of Z, GT and Ball, and the company is currently releasing their Kai and Super dubs. Currently, the dub is led by Christopher Sabat, who is also the voice actor behind characters such as Vegeta, Piccolo and Jeice.
I know, but her name's still bra. "Bulla" is a very bad localization because it totally misses the point of the original name. Besides, names should never be changed.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:15 pm

sangofe wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:So while Bulla has barely any official history to her, I feel she could have the most potential among the half Saiyans due to the Power Vegeta has currently.

So instead of talking about Her Potential, you had to be nitpicky about me calling her Bulla.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:50 am

ZeroDio wrote:
sangofe wrote:

So instead of talking about Her Potential, you had to be nitpicky about me calling her Bulla.

Call it nitpicking if you want. To me it's absolutely not. People who haven't seen the english dub wouldn't understand what you meant, even. And since this is a forum with international fans, the real names should be used.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:03 am

sangofe wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
sangofe wrote: She's balled "Bra", you know.
Call it nitpicking if you want. To me it's absolutely not. People who haven't seen the english dub wouldn't understand what you meant, even. And since this is a forum with international fans, the real names should be used.
"Real names"? Okay, so when are you going to start writing ブラ? Hypocrite that you are. That's the only "real name". You don't get to pick which official translations are valid and which aren't (hint, it's either all or none). Now stop derailing the thread with this translation elitism. That's not the discussion it was made for.