Bizarre theory you will like

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Bizarre theory you will like

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:19 am

Don't you think it's really strange that the Grand Priest always state things pretending Zeno told, but in fact Zeno didn't opened his mouth at all?

He did that quite often.

So...
What if Zeno is brainwashed, and in fact the Grand Priest's doing what the hell he want, pretending those are Zeno words?
That could also fit the angels (and himself) are never destructed.
Or those grim expressions.
Or him in the opening being actively relevant.
Or why he offer only destructive events to praise him.

But I want to go further.
We know how things are now and we know that once there was someone called Zarama, the "Dragon God".
But where is that Zarama guy?
Being the greater god in the universe, why not Beerus or Whis seen him in action? Why doesn't stop Zeno senseless destruction?

Saying so...
The Grand Priest somehow mafuba-zed Zarama and created a system he liked the most, putting a destruction device on a throne (Zeno) to see chaos and destruction spread forever at cycles or mantaining an order he liked the most, putting childs (the new angels) as governors.

We talked about an angel falling, not so long ago. What if that angel already fell on the past and we are looking the consequences?

I'm mad? I'm wrong? I'm daydreaming?
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Bizarre theory you will like

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:59 am

ChronoTwigger wrote: I'm mad? I'm wrong? I'm daydreaming?
Why not all :P

It does seem like Grand priest is purposely been animated to look sinister nowadays, which makes me give a thought to this possibility..
But this would put a wrench in my theory of grand priest training goku later, so I will have to go with no on this one
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:28 am

When he asks Goku for silence, that look on his face down Goku, reminded me a lot on Kid Buu.

I think the Origins of the characters will be crucial to conclude anything...but whatever happens, remember, according to Whis, there are 4 more guys around that are stronger then him.
Obviously, he has high influence on the Zenos, considering how naive they are, he has space to perform malicious activities around Zeno. The Tournament itself may be a benchmark test for him to see where his opponents stand.

Toppo's entrance on the field activated the Guards around Zeno. If Toppo is known to be good, what is there to be worried about?
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:38 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote: I'm mad? I'm wrong? I'm daydreaming?
Why not all :P

It does seem like Grand priest is purposely been animated to look sinister nowadays, which makes me give a thought to this possibility..
But this would put a wrench in my theory of grand priest training goku later, so I will have to go with no on this one
Anyway my bacterian day is really near XD. In 48 minutes there's no time for much events XD.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:47 am

Pluto wrote:I think the Origins of the characters will be crucial to conclude anything...but whatever happens, remember, according to Whis, there are 4 more guys around that are stronger then him.
Never stated.
The anime has him as one of the top 5 strongest, while the manga has him as the outright strongest.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:51 am

Pluto wrote: Toppo's entrance on the field activated the Guards around Zeno. If Toppo is known to be good, what is there to be worried about?
(End of episode 81)

The guards moved around Zeno as soon as Toppo entered the stage, before he revealed his identity as "Toppo the Warrior of Freedom".

However, I can guess he's known to be good within Universe 11. Except U11 Kaioshin, GoD and Angel, noone at the Zen Exhibition Match knew who he was at first. Vados just guessed he was a U11 fighter, she didn't really know him.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:49 am

Gig wrote:
Pluto wrote: Toppo's entrance on the field activated the Guards around Zeno. If Toppo is known to be good, what is there to be worried about?
(End of episode 81)

The guards moved around Zeno as soon as Toppo entered the stage, before he revealed his identity as "Toppo the Warrior of Freedom".

However, I can guess he's known to be good within Universe 11. Except U11 Kaioshin, GoD and Angel, noone at the Zen Exhibition Match knew who he was at first. Vados just guessed he was a U11 fighter, she didn't really know him.
My bad, i did not mean it the introductory way, more like the sensing. Beerus sensed Zamasu's killing intent, now a few Gods seem to be in doubt regarding Goku. One of them asks a mortal (Toppo) what he thinks about him. I did have this expectation that the Gods and Shins around may've felt the strong "goodness" of Toppo somehow.

I just had this impression that the Guards were under the Priests control, as if they were him. He got/was aware of Goku, so it is somehow ridiculous he hasn't heard of the Pride Community (pun intended).
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 am

Pluto wrote: My bad, i did not mean it the introductory way, more like the sensing. Beerus sensed Zamasu's killing intent, now a few Gods seem to be in doubt regarding Goku. One of them asks a mortal (Toppo) what he thinks about him. I did have this expectation that the Gods and Shins around may've felt the strong "goodness" of Toppo somehow.
I don't think it's so easy to feel someone Goodness (especially at first sight or at distance), even in DB universe. It looks like Toppo wants to fight Goku to find out if he's evil or not... but is this really a realiable method?
Goku actually fought Zamasu and still had the impression he wasn't a bad buy (despite the fact he was going to split him in two when he was off-guard if Gowasu didn't call him). Later, Beerus and Whis did actually sense Zamasu's killing intent without having to fight him, but I think that was due to Zamasu having already decided to kill Gowasu that day, and he was going to do it: he was so deep into his deadly intent that he did proceed even after Beerus told he would have come back soon after they had tea. I don't think Goku is planning to commit murder today.
I just had this impression that the Guards were under the Priests control, as if they were him. He got/was aware of Goku, so it is somehow ridiculous he hasn't heard of the Pride Community (pun intended).
I don't know if the Priest directly controls the guards, like a remote control. It's still possible. About him being aware of Goku, Zeno or the guards probably told about him when reporting the happenings of the U6/U7 tournament, so I think it's possible he knows about Goku and not about Toppo.

However, for some reason writers are hinting that the Grand Priest may be evil... and the fact he reports things supposedly decided by the Zenos while the Zenos are there and did not say anything is suspect... (WHEN did they talk about the no-weapon rule, if that has been decided after seeing the Zen Exibition Match? It ended a minute ago!) Telepathy maybe?