The Great Priest and The Angels

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kaialone
Regular

The Great Priest and The Angels

Post by kaialone » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:10 am

It hasn't been confirmed, but a lot of people are basically assuming that since the Great Priest is the father of Whis (and thus likely Vados as well) that ALL the universes angels must be his children, too.

What is your stance on this? Of course its bad that it's being treated as fact despite not being confirmed, but that aside, do you think it'll be true or not?

Is it too obvious? Not obvious enough?

I started thinking about it again because in episode 82 Whis talked to Macarita like they're rather familiar with one another. Meanwhile in contrast all the GoDs and Kaioshin don't seem to be very familiar, often seemingly not even knowing each others names.

I personally think it'd be neat if all the angels were siblings, or at least related, it'd create and interesting dynamic of this underlying group that has ties to every single universe, but at the same time could easily have its own agenda.

I just dont think its "obvious" that that is what it's gonna be.
-凯

Hakaishin Saitama
Beyond Newbie

Re: The Great Priest and The Angels

Post by Hakaishin Saitama » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:49 pm

It's entirely possible they're all siblings.

The fact that they seem to know each other could be explained by either that, or they've (probably) been 'working' together as attendants through multiple GoDs lifetimes, hence it's more likely they know each other. Not seeing any other Angels, and knowing that Daishinkan is the father of Vados and Whis, it does seem like they could all be siblings (many of them don't resemble one another, though).

This episode Whis mentions, "I am just a guide who was dispatched from 'that side' after all." To me, this could imply that there's another plane of existence so maybe there is an entire world of angels or other higher life forms, and maybe Zeno isn't the ultimate god of all existence. Beerus also asks Whis to confirm if Daishinkan is Whis's father, so that also seems odd if Daishinkan was in fact all the angels' father.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:08 pm

The Grand Priest is likely the father of all the Angels. They're probably like Nameks where they reproduce asexually. I seriously doubt the Angels all get freaky with one another looking for dates.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:09 pm

They're the same body-type, so I guess they're all the same race; just like how King Kai is connected to all the other Kais.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.