"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:48 pm

A piece of the dubbed version of Ultimate Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4sGhItwOa8

The video quality is not good because is a TV rip of the shitty broadcast Cartoon Network did.
The uploader of this video even fixed the sync issue, but not the black screen.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: I hope they'll fix it in the late night reprise.
Is episode 109 airing in Brazil? Right now, here it is airing the episode where Goku takes Krillin to train with Roshi. It seems the errors were something CN didn't cause. Most likely damaged masters.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Tian wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote: I hope they'll fix it in the late night reprise.
Is episode 109 airing in Brazil? Right now, here it is airing the episode where Goku takes Krillin to train with Roshi. It seems the errors were something CN didn't cause. Most likely damaged masters.
They didn't aired episode 109 here too. It was the episode where Goku and Krillin trains with Roshi too.

Well, at least the hispanic fans could hear their version of the tenth ending. The brazilian version of the ending was completely mutilated due to the transmission issues.

And, what kind of implications we could have due to these damaged masters? Could they redub the episodes 109 and 110 or something like that?

It was the most waited moment for many fans to watch, and became the biggest fiasco it could be. A shame.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:02 am

SaintEvolution wrote: And, what kind of implications we could have due to these damaged masters? Could they redub the episodes 109 and 110 or something like that?
They possibly may have to redub them because you can't re-mix it when you have several soundless black screen moments.

The episodes looked damaged to me because several pieces of the episode were either lost or had the lip sync way off. It's like if you tried to watch a movie but the disk is striped. If CN's equipment was damaged, it would have affected other shows as well, not only Super. So this makes me believe Toei LA may be the responsible of this.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:38 am

Tian wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote: And, what kind of implications we could have due to these damaged masters? Could they redub the episodes 109 and 110 or something like that?
They possibly may have to redub them because you can't re-mix it when you have several soundless black screen moments.

The episodes looked damaged to me because several pieces of the episode were either lost or had the lip sync way off. It's like if you tried to watch a movie but the disk is striped. If CN's equipment was damaged, it would have affected other shows as well, not only Super. So this makes me believe Toei LA may be the responsible of this.
Couldnt't Toei have a digital copy of the dubbed episodes in spanish and portuguese? It would be very lazy if they'll need to redub it.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:03 am

SaintEvolution wrote: Couldnt't Toei have a digital copy of the dubbed episodes in spanish and portuguese? It would be very lazy if they'll need to redub it.
They should have. Modern TV stations air their shows by either a digital storage or a hard drive based system. I dunno if CN BR and LA still rely on tapes.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Damn, didn't really liked the idea of dubbing "Ultimate Battle", insert songs should be left untouched.

But, anyway Bezerra confirmed on Instagram that the Broly movie will be released there on January 3, which is awesome, probably the fastest debut compared to the japanese release (December 14).
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Noah wrote:Damn, didn't really liked the idea of dubbing "Ultimate Battle", insert songs should be left untouched.

But, anyway Bezerra confirmed on Instagram that the Broly movie will be released there on January 3, which is awesome, probably the fastest debut compared to the japanese release (December 14).
Bruno Sutter, who sung the 3rd ending, confirmed in his instagram profile that is the performer for the official dub of Ultimate Battle into BR-portuguese. He also said he would release the full version with a clip after episode 131 was officialy broadcasted by Cartoon Network, but, since Cartoon Network is reprising again from episode 77, it seems it will take some time to happen.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Noah wrote:Damn, didn't really liked the idea of dubbing "Ultimate Battle", insert songs should be left untouched.

Wait, what, before the japanese standard release?

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:37 pm

sangofe wrote:

Standard release? Is Brazil showing the film subbed or something?

Also, is it true that the CN LA and Brazil started back at ep. 77 yesterday? Kind of weird they are taking these strange hiatuses, maybe it's due to all the broadcast errors that have been going on??
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:08 pm

wjbraden wrote: Also, is it true that the CN LA and Brazil started back at ep. 77 yesterday? Kind of weird they are taking these strange hiatuses, maybe it's due to all the broadcast errors that have been going on??
Yes, it's true but I really doubt they are broadcast errors. If it were caused by CN, they would have fixed them for the night reprisal, something that didn't happen for the special.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toei outright confirms they damaged the masters because they already have a history of being careless about their masters (at least in LA)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 am

wjbraden wrote:
sangofe wrote:

Standard release? Is Brazil showing the film subbed or something?

Also, is it true that the CN LA and Brazil started back at ep. 77 yesterday? Kind of weird they are taking these strange hiatuses, maybe it's due to all the broadcast errors that have been going on??
He was saying here that it will be out before it is in Japan....

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:53 am

He did not, I dont want to be rude but he said Brazil would get the movie in JANUARY and Japan would on DECEMBER. I mean cmon man. You know December comes before January,right?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:18 pm

New dubbed trailer for Dragon Ball Super Broly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_GK-hYXga0

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Official full Brazilian version of Ultimate Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmWCQ39MKpY

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:26 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:Official full Brazilian version of Ultimate Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmWCQ39MKpY
Bruno Sutter is just amazing. I don't need to say other words than those ones.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:35 pm

The Broly movie is being premiered in Brazil today.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:52 pm

You guys are so lucky to get the movie so early! (Hope it doesn't take too long to get here)
Regarding the movie's dub, according to this review it appears that most of Broly's screams are Shimada's. Is that common for the Brazilian dub? Maybe the japanese scream from the first trailer wasn't just a mistake like Wendel Bezerra said.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:You guys are so lucky to get the movie so early! (Hope it doesn't take too long to get here)
Regarding the movie's dub, according to this review it appears that most of Broly's screams are Shimada's. Is that common for the Brazilian dub? Maybe the japanese scream from the first trailer wasn't just a mistake like Wendel Bezerra said.
I didn't noticed japanese screams. But being honest, I did not tried to pay much attention on the dub itself. I will watch the movie a second time soon, and pay more attention in this kind of stuff. But, for everything I saw, at least most of the screams sounded like Dado Monteiro and not the japanese actor.

It's a great movie, I need to say. I liked Battle of Gods and even Resurrection 'F' with its flaws, but Dragon Ball Super: Broly is a better movie.

Also, according to the dub credits at the end, it seems some characters like Mai, Kid Goku, Raditz and Pilaf had their voices replaced. Due to their very little screen time I did not noticed it, excepting for Kid Goku's and Raditz voices, that clearly weren't Ursula Bezerra and Wellington Lima. Ursula was replaced by another actress, and Wellington Lima was replaced by a real life teenage actor, since Raditz appears a kid in this movie.

I will pay more attention to the dub itself when I'll watch the movie again.