Shouldn't Vegetto have had armor?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Shouldn't Vegetto have had armor?

Post by z_cherub » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:01 am

In the Buu arc, Vegetto's outfit was a combination of Goku's gi, & Vegeta's WT outfit (unlike the fusion technique which seems to generate its own outfit).

In Super, since Vegeta had gone back to his Cell arc armor, shouldn't Vegetto have had some mix of that armor & Goku's gi? If done correctly, it might've looked cool.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Re: Shouldn't Vegetto have had armor?

Post by DHM211 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:15 am

z_cherub wrote:In the Buu arc, Vegetto's outfit was a combination of Goku's gi, & Vegeta's WT outfit (unlike the fusion technique which seems to generate its own outfit).

In Super, since Vegeta had gone back to his Cell arc armor, shouldn't Vegetto have had some mix of that armor & Goku's gi? If done correctly, it might've looked cool.
In the anime most of Vegetas armor got destroyed when Zamasu fired the light of absolution at him.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 am

He definitely should have in the manga. Good on Toei for catching that error

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 am

Maybe he should, but not a big deal. I think I prefer we had him with the same clothes. In the anime it's more justified, as the armor is almost destroyed.
Heno heno kappa!

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Basako wrote:Maybe he should, but not a big deal. I think I prefer we had him with the same clothes. In the anime it's more justified, as the armor is almost destroyed.
Not a big deal, but would've been a cool little detail. Also, even if the armor was destroyed when they fused, it would've been cool if he had Vegeta's tight long sleeved shirt.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Yeah I hate that he had the exact same design especially since I've seen some really cool fanarts of armored Vegito, and better yet: RoF clothes Vegito. (Seriously they need those damn clothes back. :x )

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:06 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:Yeah I hate that he had the exact same design especially since I've seen some really cool fanarts of armored Vegito, and better yet: RoF clothes Vegito. (Seriously they need those damn clothes back. :x )
That is the reason why they got rid of it, I guess Toriyama couldn't figure a way to have Vegetto look with Goku and Vegeta in their Freeza arc attire.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Vegetto's clothes have always been Goku's Gi with a pallet leaning towards Vegeta. If you think he should have armor, you're fundamentally misunderstanding Vegetto's design.
Retired.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:35 am

I wouldn't say "should". As far as I'm aware, there exists no proper guide for Potara clothing style. In the Future Trunks arc, Vegetto was born years ago. It's probably simpler to assume that his Boo arc appearance is the pre-established base of which the earrings call upon.

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:16 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Vegetto's clothes have always been Goku's Gi with a pallet leaning towards Vegeta. If you think he should have armor, you're fundamentally misunderstanding Vegetto's design.
Look, I get that this forum is one of the few places where you get to feel superior, but I'm not "fundamentally misunderstanding" anything.

Vegetto's outfit is clearly designed as a mix of what the characters are wearing when they fused. Same as Kaioshin after Kibbito fused with him via Potara.

If it were just "Goku's outfit with most of Vegeta's color palate", he wouldn't have had Vegeta's gloves & boots.

There's plenty of room for discussion about the armor being included/excluded (like the battle damage others mentioned) without baselessly asserting that others completely missed the point of the design just so you can feel like you have a leg up on a stranger on the internet.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:08 am

He should've had the armor in the manga. The clothes of the fuses combining is a feature of the Potara and while there aren't concrete rules about which one's gonna win out, the chest piece is too big of a piece of clothing to randomly not get included.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:10 pm

z_cherub wrote:Look, I get that this forum is one of the few places where you get to feel superior, but I'm not "fundamentally misunderstanding" anything...
That's hardly a way to make friends. Why don't you try not to take things that contradict your ideas as personal attack?
z_cherub wrote:...If it were just "Goku's outfit with most of Vegeta's color palate", he wouldn't have had Vegeta's gloves & boots.
As I'm about to demonstrate with the magic of science!, you are indeed misunderstanding the nature of the design:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, the Gi is a recolor of Goku's. There's really no room for discussion. If it's a question of whether or not his clothes should be damaged, that's another story.
Retired.

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
z_cherub wrote:Look, I get that this forum is one of the few places where you get to feel superior, but I'm not "fundamentally misunderstanding" anything...
That's hardly a way to make friends. Why don't you try not to take things that contradict your ideas as personal attack?
z_cherub wrote:...If it were just "Goku's outfit with most of Vegeta's color palate", he wouldn't have had Vegeta's gloves & boots.
As I'm about to demonstrate with the magic of science!, you are indeed misunderstanding the nature of the design:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, the Gi is a recolor of Goku's. There's really no room for discussion. If it's a question of whether or not his clothes should be damaged, that's another story.
I didn't take your view as a personal attack - I took your condescending tone as a personal attack. If you can't separate disagreeing from your feeling superior, then life is going to be a lot harder than any argument about a kid's cartoon....

Back on topic...

Vegetto's blue gi was Goku's design with Vegeta's color palate (from the Buu arc) - not just a random recolor. Everything is meant to be a combination of the two characters down to the hair style. The gloves & boots were all Vegeta, the cut of the clothes all Goku, the colors a combination of the two.

How does the armor not fit in here if it was being worn at the time of fusion? As I noted already, even Kaioshin & Kibbito's outfits merged.

A graphic with someone's opinion in blue/red line form isn't really "science". Care to contribute another example of fusion, a point similar to the damaged removed armor prior to fusion theory, or something else that supports a different view? That would be welcome.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:11 pm

I don't support Jinzoningen MULE's tone, but he's changed my mind on this matter. I thought it was strange that the design for Vegetto was exactly the same, but if the only things Vegetto took from Vegeta in the first place are his gloves and boots (two things he also has in the Zamasu arc), then it makes sense that his design should look the same.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:22 pm

z_cherub wrote:I didn't take your view as a personal attack - I took your condescending tone as a personal attack. If you can't separate disagreeing from your feeling superior, then life is going to be a lot harder than any argument about a kid's cartoon....
batistabus wrote:I don't support Jinzoningen MULE's tone...
My tone wasn't particularly antagonistic. If anything, my only crime was not demonstrating why I was right during the first post, which was admittedly not a very productive move. If I came off as condescending, sorry I guess, but that certainly isn't what I was going for.
Retired.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 pm

I honestly thought the whole reason for them bringing back the old clothes for Goku and Vegeta was specifically for Vegetto (they couldn't come up with a cool fusion design for the RoF outfits?) though perhaps they wanted to do a throw back to give that nostalgic feeling by making him look exactly the same. I hope Toyotaro goes back to the RoF outfits soon or if not, if someone would come out of the woodwork and give us a reason why we went back the olds. These RoF outfits had some kind of special properties, especially Goku's since he noted it for being so much lighter. That's like Goku going back to using normal Kaioken instead of Super Saiyan, doesn't make any sense.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:45 pm

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Vegeta just needs his Buu Saga attire back, his saiyan armor is so outdated and it always reminds me of the Android / Cell saga Vegeta. Sort of acts like him in Early Super too.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:47 am

Grimlock wrote:
Xeztin wrote:I hope Toyotaro goes back to the RoF outfits soon
The very bad idea of keeping Goku and Vegeta with their old outfits will be executed in the Universe Survival saga.
My main problem with this is that it also means that Goku and Gohan will wear the exact same outfit. It would be better if either Goku wore his RoF or even EoZ outfits, or if Gohan wore his purple gi or Saiyaman gi.

Beek King
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Beek King » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 pm

My headcanon/theory regarding Vegetto looking exactly the same as in the Buu saga is that because a Potara Fusion character is a separate entity to those two that make him up, the looks that Goku and Vegeta had back during Buu played a role creating Vegetto for the first time, and after that Vegetto would have the same outfit no matter what the two are wearing if they fuse again because they're going back to an already established entity with established looks. Hopefully my wording isn't confusing and you see where I'm getting at.

But that's just an overcomplicated justification I came up with. I wish they not only took into account the looks of Vegeta and Goku at the time but kept the RoF/U6 tournament outfits of them so we'd get a brand new Vegetto outfit made out of those.
Do whatever you like, ghost.