Why does "my boy" Boo keep getting screwed?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Why does "my boy" Boo keep getting screwed?

Post by precita » Sat May 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Toriyama needs to stop down from writing if he does stuff like this.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sat May 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Buu's power set is problematic for this tournament. He can either be insanely over powered or a massive weak link depending on how you look at it. He could easily start absorbing the most powerful fighters and become stupid powerful. He is the only person on universe 7 or tournament that we know of who could auto recover and always be at full force. He also has a propensity to have pieces of him blow up and fall all over the place, could be an easy ring out depending on how they enforce the rules.

Also if they do go to end of Z he's probably going to be incredibly important to any storyline with Oob

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Mon May 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Just get the dragonballs and wish him awake. Are all the characters seriously just going to ignore that option? I mean christ, at least they covered the possibility of putting him in the hyperbolic time chamber by having Vegeta break it, not having anyone even suggest this other possibility is just stupid.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon May 29, 2017 1:54 pm

The weird thing is it seemed like Akira Toriyama really liked Boo which is why they had him survive the end of the Boo saga and only Kid Boo died. But now that he has a chance to do something with him he passed him up each and every time?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 29, 2017 5:12 pm

Octorockandroll wrote:Just get the dragonballs and wish him awake. Are all the characters seriously just going to ignore that option? I mean christ, at least they covered the possibility of putting him in the hyperbolic time chamber by having Vegeta break it, not having anyone even suggest this other possibility is just stupid.
Dragon Balls can't effect beings stronger than its creator. It can't even make the androids human again. So if Buu doesn't want to wake up, the dragon can't force them outside of Super Shenron.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon May 29, 2017 5:42 pm

HeroR wrote:
Octorockandroll wrote:Just get the dragonballs and wish him awake. Are all the characters seriously just going to ignore that option? I mean christ, at least they covered the possibility of putting him in the hyperbolic time chamber by having Vegeta break it, not having anyone even suggest this other possibility is just stupid.
Dragon Balls can't effect beings stronger than its creator. It can't even make the androids human again. So if Buu doesn't want to wake up, the dragon can't force them outside of Super Shenron.
They could have still done something. If Goku could make a random wish that Kid Buu be reincarnated as a human when he died out of nowhere and have it granted, there are all sorts of things they could do to awaken Fat Buu. Tell Whis to use his magic or send Buu to to the sun and explode him and watch him reform.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 29, 2017 6:24 pm

precita wrote:
They could have still done something. If Goku could make a random wish that Kid Buu be reincarnated as a human when he died out of nowhere and have it granted, there are all sorts of things they could do to awaken Fat Buu. Tell Whis to use his magic or send Buu to to the sun and explode him and watch him reform.
That was Yemma who did that. And why would sending Buu to the sun wake him? And again, nothing in Whis' history shows he can forcibly wake a person. He had problems getting Beerus out of bed and he's a light sleeper compared to Buu.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon May 29, 2017 7:08 pm

HeroR wrote:
precita wrote:
That was Yemma who did that. And why would sending Buu to the sun wake him? And again, nothing in Whis' history shows he can forcibly wake a person. He had problems getting Beerus out of bed and he's a light sleeper compared to Buu.
You don't think Buu being blown to bits like he was when Vegeta sacrificed himself against him would cause him to wake up when he pulls his parts back together?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 29, 2017 9:33 pm

precita wrote:
You don't think Buu being blown to bits like he was when Vegeta sacrificed himself against him would cause him to wake up when he pulls his parts back together?
There is no evidence that says that it would. If we take Toriyama's word about Buu going through long hibernations, blowing him up wouldn't do it either and he will just reform in his sleep.
Kanassa wrote:

sunkensheep

Post by sunkensheep » Tue May 30, 2017 10:40 am

I think the most reasonable way to prevent Buu from entering the tournament would have been to disqualify him in advance from having absorbed a few Kaioshins from his universe. That way it would have been like - in a way - having the gods themselves participating in the tournament. I hope the manga will find a better reason instead of the same old sleeping option.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue May 30, 2017 12:03 pm

The Dragon Balls were used on episode 68, so no.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue May 30, 2017 1:47 pm

sunkensheep wrote:I think the most reasonable way to prevent Buu from entering the tournament would have been to disqualify him in advance from having absorbed a few Kaioshins from his universe. That way it would have been like - in a way - having the gods themselves participating in the tournament. I hope the manga will find a better reason instead of the same old sleeping option.

Yeah, but almost nobody knows about that except Shin, and he wouldn't help disqualify his team member.

sunkensheep

Post by sunkensheep » Tue May 30, 2017 2:21 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
sunkensheep wrote:I think the most reasonable way to prevent Buu from entering the tournament would have been to disqualify him in advance from having absorbed a few Kaioshins from his universe. That way it would have been like - in a way - having the gods themselves participating in the tournament. I hope the manga will find a better reason instead of the same old sleeping option.

Yeah, but almost nobody knows about that except Shin, and he wouldn't help disqualify his team member.
I think that at least Whis should know that, given that killing all the Kaioshins would have meant for him and Beerus to "die" as well. And Whis wouldn't allow his own universe to cheat.

Also Zen'o-Sama or the Grand Priest should know it, or at least sense it.

But now that I think of it, it kind of bothers me that while Beerus somehow recognizes an importance to Frieza his universe, doesn't say anything about Buu, a being who exists from time immemorial and that almost killed him, even though indirectly.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue May 30, 2017 5:33 pm

It's kind of implied that Beerus hates buu...he holds a grudge since the first time they met.

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Wed May 31, 2017 6:46 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
That was before the time skip though. Also I'm pretty sure New Namek should have its own dragon balls.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Wed May 31, 2017 7:27 pm

The idea still baffles me. Getting rid of Buu for Frieza, another one of Supers mistakes.
It throws that whole "skinny buu" thing out the window, like what was the fucking point? lol. It's shit like this that just leads me to liking GT more.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed May 31, 2017 7:45 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:The idea still baffles me. Getting rid of Buu for Frieza, another one of Supers mistakes.
It throws that whole "skinny buu" thing out the window, like what was the fucking point? lol. It's shit like this that just leads me to liking GT more.
Agreed. If Buu fought back in the Champa tournament I probably wouldn't be as bothered if he missed out on this one. But two be skipped over for two tournaments in a row for the same reason? It's beyond absurd.

The weird thing is the only thing Buu is good for at this point of the series is fighting. His personality isn't anything too interesting at this point and otherwise he just hangs around Mr. Satan and eats. So why are they not using him for what he could be good for? Boo has so many unique attacks and abilities it's absurd they don't want to use him. What a waste of a character.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 pm

precita wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:The idea still baffles me. Getting rid of Buu for Frieza, another one of Supers mistakes.
Agreed. If Buu fought back in the Champa tournament I probably wouldn't be as bothered if he missed out on this one. But two be skipped over for two tournaments in a row for the same reason? It's beyond absurd.

The weird thing is the only thing Buu is good for at this point of the series is fighting. His personality isn't anything too interesting at this point and otherwise he just hangs around Mr. Satan and eats. So why are they not using him for what he could be good for? Boo has so many unique attacks and abilities it's absurd they don't want to use him. What a waste of a character.
Yes, I've come to love fat Buu. He's such an amusing guy to watch and he never fails to make me give an odd chuckle now and again.
He's still probably stronger than Frieza, or likely would have been in his skinny form. His abilities as you said are so entertaining. I'll never wrap my mind around about leaving him out. He can turn people into candy, regenerate, heal, use dangerous ki blasts and so much more. When he opens his eyes and gets serious, that's some epic shit right there. Frieza just bores the shit out of me now. His time should've ended after Trunks sliced his ass up.

Molock13

Post by Molock13 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Because he's a sexy bitch.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed May 31, 2017 9:33 pm

Octorockandroll wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:
That was before the time skip though. Also I'm pretty sure New Namek should have its own dragon balls.
If a time-skip happened it would be of a few months though. The Future Trunks arc presumably happens in Age 780 and Bra's birth takes place in the same year.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!