What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 pm

sintzu wrote:The one thing this will do is make RF important. Before it was just a standalone story that could've easily been taken out and nothing would've changed but that's not the case anymore.
I forgot to mention this as well. Finally the Resurrection 'F' arc has some sort of relevance in Super's ongoing story. The one thing that really annoyed me about Super is how out of place Resurrection 'F' felt in the entirety of Super's plot. But Freeza coming back yet again is now connected to that prior retelling, so it makes it relevant to Super's ongoing story.

Oh, and Happy Goku Day everyone!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 08, 2017 11:43 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:The one thing that really annoyed me about Super is how out of place Resurrection 'F' felt in the entirety of Super's plot.
That might've had something to do with it not being in the manga but now it'll feel incomplete without it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon May 08, 2017 11:47 pm

The main problem is...Freeza is only back for 1 day. He won't even have time to master his new form to get up to Super Saiyan Blue during that movie era, let alone how much stronger Goku got after training for Zamasu, etc.

Either way, the whole thing just reeks of bad writing or almost fanfiction.

CabbaxCaulifla

Post by CabbaxCaulifla » Tue May 09, 2017 12:02 am

I am interested in seeing Freeza and Frost meet. Also, having a guy like Freeza on their team isn't going to help the perception the other Universes have of U7 being the bad guys.

I also have to imagine this is the episode where Goku tells everyone the truth about the tournament, since that's the only way i can see the others even humoring letting Freeza come back for 24 hours, let alone join them.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Tue May 09, 2017 12:27 am

precita wrote:The main problem is...Freeza is only back for 1 day. He won't even have time to master his new form to get up to Super Saiyan Blue during that movie era, let alone how much stronger Goku got after training for Zamasu, etc.
For all we know Freeza was "mentally" training inside his cocoon.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 am

I just realized something. If Freeza really is joining Team Universe 6 for the tournament, then it really doesn't help Goku's reputation with the other universes...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue May 09, 2017 3:07 am

Danfun64 wrote:I just realized something. If Freeza really is joining Team Universe 6 for the tournament, then it really doesn't help Goku's reputation with the other universes...
Why would freeza have anything to do with Goku's reputation? Having one bad apple on his team won't change the persona he allowed the other universes to develop. I suspect this doesn't change the narrative that much. They're going to hate him no matter what. Besides Gohan and the others are good.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 09, 2017 7:12 am

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:
precita wrote:The main problem is...Freeza is only back for 1 day. He won't even have time to master his new form to get up to Super Saiyan Blue during that movie era, let alone how much stronger Goku got after training for Zamasu, etc.
For all we know Freeza was "mentally" training inside his cocoon.
Haha...he accidentally started image training by putting Goku and Vegetas faces on the little stuffed animal guys.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue May 09, 2017 8:04 am

Either way, the whole thing just reeks of bad writing or almost fanfiction.
Well you don't need to tran to get used to a form. Mastered SS is primarily the product of staying in SS all the time and allowing your body to get used to it.

While he cannot move I don't see anything staiting he cannot transform. Also we don't actually know how strong Golden Frieza is, he almost beat Goku without ever taping into his full power. Plus if he masters the form he'll be even stronger due to haveing more control of its power.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue May 09, 2017 9:17 am

We all know how important redemption is in DB, but Freezer can't be trusted. He was given a chance in Namek and he instantly attacked Goku. After surviving the explosion and being cured as a mecha, he tryed to destroy Earth. If it wasn't for the instant transmission, Goku wouldn't have made it in time. In RoF, he blew Earth in a second, only Whis could fix that.

What's for him on this? They will have to offer him something. He is already dead, all left for him is an unknown torture time and to be reincarnated. They can only offer him life again, otherwise, the whole universe being erased from existence is not that bad for him, he should be happy, as evil as he is. He will take the 24 hour vacation from Hell, that's for sure, but maybe he will try to double cross them and he will be sent back. Then they will call Yamcha. Wishful thinking, his return will be a one chapter filler plot.
Last edited by Basako on Tue May 09, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 am

Freeza is coming back again? Sweet. I cant wait. The interactions will be awesome and he will get even stronger. As for Buu, no doubt Buu got replaced because he isnt so popular.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 09, 2017 9:35 am

buutenks wrote:Freeza is coming back again? Sweet. I cant wait. The interactions will be awesome and he will get even stronger. As for Buu, no doubt Buu got replaced because he isnt so popular.
You wouldn't have assumed that given how many people were angry and upset over Majin Boo getting the boot. It's basically the Champa arc all over again. He was advertised to take part but never actually fought.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:52 am

LOL, they think in Frieza instead of Yamcha

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue May 09, 2017 10:55 am

Benedetto12 wrote:LOL, they think in Frieza instead of Yamcha
That reminds me, poor Yamaha. Yeah it sucks Buu got dumped but Its clear Yamaha never even crossed Goku's mind. Hell he picked Frieza over one of his oldest friends. That has to be one of the nastiest twists of the knife ever.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Tue May 09, 2017 11:08 am

Is Freeza returning... ahem... AGAIN?! confirmed, confirmed? I'm feeling like this is most likely bait-and-switch to drum up reactions and build 'now trending' status as if the fandom is TOEI's personal plaything at this point. Controversy sells. It's things like this that make me absolutely despise how the influence of online culture and memes are taken notice by the committee and writers and applied into this series (SEE: Yamucha characterization as just one example).

Like others, I'm very surprised that so many are totally on-board with this. While I have little issue for why Boo (in-universe) may be considered replaceable -- because of the element of unpredictability that he carries -- I'd not think twice of swapping him out for Freeza. Ugh.

Freeza returning would just be for more gags and to keep the merch flowing. Someone must have allocated Freeza and his likeness as its own STOCK chain within Shueisha/TOEI. It's empty. It's hollow. It's tired.

If they want to keep shoving Freeza down, then they should create a spin-off series featuring the history of Freeza and his empire if they feel that this character is so astronomically popular. I'd be on-board with that, but I'd expect many an inconsistency and retcon littered throughout.

But, I'll continue to stick with the narrative -- that's advertised Boo on Team U7 as recently as Episode 89 -- and expect that anything upcoming with Freeza in Hell is just a one-off thing to remind the kids to go out and buy the toys.

Don't lose that marvelous physique that you've been training for, Boo. :)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 09, 2017 11:29 am

KaiserNeko did a poll about Freeza coming back; the results are split near dead-even: https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/8 ... 4737641472

Personally I kind of like the theory that someone posted the other day (please forgive me I forget who and which thread) that Freeza will get knocked out of the ring almost immediately if he joins because that sounds in the same type of bait and switch humor that teasing Yamcha appearances and getting rid of Buu for a 3rd time are.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue May 09, 2017 11:44 am

Who will the spectators be at this tournament? Now that buu isn't a option will mr. Satan stay home. With trunks and goten staying home maybe the rest will too.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 09, 2017 12:00 pm

In canon stories Freeza has come back in any real capacity twice. Once to set up the original Future Trunks arc and once in RoF. So since this is a canon story we must judge it based on other canon.

Freeza coming back for this reason is 100% logical and its illogical he wasnt there instead of Master friggen Roshi...who I love dont get me wrong. I'm just sad Buu had to be the one.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue May 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Ok, if they open this door, they could also recruit Cell and Dabra and kick out Ten and Roshi. In the anime continuity there's also Ginyu in the body of Tagoma as quite strong, so they could replace Krilin too. I don't like this.
Last edited by Basako on Tue May 09, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue May 09, 2017 12:30 pm

You know, one thing that makes me think this Freeza stuff might just be a one and done ordeal is the fact the episode is supervised by Kitano. 17, Gohan, Krillin, Buu himself, all were treated like important episodes, supervised by the best guys who work on the show. Would they really give Kitano such a big episode?

Unless the episode ends with Goku getting to Hell and it's the next one where Freeza actually appears in any major capacity.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW