What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on *SPOILER* ​coming back?

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:53 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:I have a friend who's impression of Dragon Ball back in the day (without having seen it but 3 episodes or so, and he says he hates it) was that it was a Saturday morning cartoon show where a big bad shows up every week, and he assumed Freeza was a recurring villain. It's sorta irritating to me now that that's actually becoming true. :sick:
Well he isn't coming back as a villain this time, rather his help is desperately needed to fight in the tournament alongside pretty much everyone he hates. If he does end up being a villain in this arc somehow then i'll be very annoyed. I like the idea of him being forced into doing something that he would definitely not do if it had been a different situation. But yeah, I understand the frustration because this character is coming back yet again.
I just meant along the general lines of "whelp, Freeza's back this week". I'm aware that he's supposed to fight for Universe 7.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:58 am

I think it's fucking stupid. Why the hell would Goku revive one of the his worst enemies? We also saw Freeza 2 times already and he made an ass of himself both times so we don't need him to come back a third time.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:29 am

Goku shouldn't be stupid enough to think it's a good idea either. He should have come to the realization on Namek that Freeza was evil beyond redemption when he "killed" him when Freeza attacked him after Goku spared him.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 21, 2017 2:34 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Goku shouldn't be stupid enough to think it's a good idea either. He should have come to the realization on Namek that Freeza was evil beyond redemption when he "killed" him when Freeza attacked him after Goku spared him.
I think Goku now, and has realized that Freeza's a monster. It's just that the current situation is so desperate that evil monsters like Freeza are needed to help win the tournament.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun May 21, 2017 3:15 am

cheddarsword wrote: I actually had a decent idea about that.
Everyone putting their trust in Freeza. Something that's never happened for him before unless it was out of fear of being killed by him.
Then, while having to be forced to behave, Vegeta makes him hold Bulla. "I want you to know what it is you're fighting to protect." he says.
Imagine the psychological repercussions that would have on someone like Freeza.
Why would freeza care though? something big would have to happen to change his old ways.

I also dont get why people complain about freeza like he came back many times before. He only came back once for FnF. Trunks killing him felt more like a continuation of namek and they didnt drag it out for multiple episodes or anything
I welcome Freeza back, he is one of the most interesting characters in DB and I'm really fond of his voice and the way he talks

Come to think of it, i think the motivation for Freeza would be moving him to a more hellish hell so that he can leave the garden with stuffed animals he hates so much
DBZAOTA482 wrote:I think it's fucking stupid. Why the hell would Goku revive one of the his worst enemies? We also saw Freeza 2 times already and he made an ass of himself both times so we don't need him to come back a third time.
Because of universe survival? all bets are off, gotta take the risk, if they dont have a 10th member the preview implied they will lose for sure
There is no one else left thats even half as strong as freeza

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:53 am

Cabba wrote:Because of universe survival? all bets are off, gotta take the risk, if they dont have a 10th member the preview implied they will lose for sure
The problem with Freeza is that he's obsessed with getting revenge on Goku. Cell honestly would be a better choice because he would at least be able to put his hatred for Goku/Gohan and probably has even more potential than Freeza.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Spolier*** What's everyone thought on this character​coming back?

Post by sangofe » Sun May 21, 2017 10:20 am

The_Destroyer wrote:I wish they put Yamcha or maybe even Pikkon if they planned to replace someone on the team, else they should have just left it. I'm sick of Frieza. It's annoying when American comics bring back characters from the dead constantly, and it's the same here.
I'm very, very sick of Freeza, too. And Boo is by far the most interesting fighter...

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Gog wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Goku shouldn't be stupid enough to think it's a good idea either. He should have come to the realization on Namek that Freeza was evil beyond redemption when he "killed" him when Freeza attacked him after Goku spared him.
I think Goku now, and has realized that Freeza's a monster. It's just that the current situation is so desperate that evil monsters like Freeza are needed to help win the tournament.
They can also have Beerus torture the shit out of Freeza for a while as an attempt to persuade him to join the team. I mean, considering how much Freeza fears Beerus, it could definitely work.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun May 21, 2017 4:43 pm

Once Goku acts all buddy buddy around Freeza you can safely say the writing has jumped the shark.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun May 21, 2017 6:10 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Cabba wrote:Because of universe survival? all bets are off, gotta take the risk, if they dont have a 10th member the preview implied they will lose for sure
The problem with Freeza is that he's obsessed with getting revenge on Goku. Cell honestly would be a better choice because he would at least be able to put his hatred for Goku/Gohan and probably has even more potential than Freeza.
Why though? what does cell gotta to gain? Perfect Cell was only a composted villain when he was top dog, once Gohan surpassed him he went crazy.
Claiming Cell has got more potential is not true unless the story introduces this concept. The fact that he has freezas cells doesn't meant he can turn Golden Cell
Freeza said he was a prodigy back in FnF, he trained for 4 months and got insanely powerful. Cell back in the future took Trunks time machine because he couldn't get stronger without them
Now that thought about it, the incentive for Freeza would be to put him into a more hellish hell if they win

I'm also worried they might pull a just kididng guys and Buu miraculously wakes up or worst end up bringing yamcha instead of Freza

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 am

Freeza9000 wrote:
Gog wrote:
They can also have Beerus torture the shit out of Freeza for a while as an attempt to persuade him to join the team. I mean, considering how much Freeza fears Beerus, it could definitely work.
Beerus torturing the shit out of Freeza and the team allowing it would be out of character for them to do so. And I would absolutely hate it considering that they wouldn't even need to do so. Goku promising Freeza that if he wins the tournament he'll be wished back would, and should be enough for the Evil Emperor.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon May 22, 2017 2:33 am

cheddarsword wrote:
Makai wrote:Still can't get over this, it really ruined my interest in the rest of this arc. Sucks too, cause it's been really good do fast for the most part.

Even if they have a reason to justify screwing Buu yet again, couldn't they have found anyone else besides bringing back Frieza for like the 10th time? They could've brought in a new character, or it would've even made more sense to bring back Cell instead.

I personally would've liked if they made Pikkon officially canon, and this would've been the perfect time to introduce him. Especially if they're bringing anyone back from Other World, it would've made sense to use him.
Ok, so you would rather Goku choose either someone who lost to SS2 Gohan, or someone who at one point went toe to toe with his SS3 form, rather than someone who at one point was actually STRONGER than his SSB form?

Logic plz?

Also, rather tired of people hating on super. Even I'll admit that it's not perfect but hey, two words. Buu Saga.
Boo saga is a top 3 saga in DB, what are you talking about ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:36 am

Gog wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
Gog wrote:
Beerus torturing the shit out of Freeza and the team allowing it would be out of character for them to do so. And I would absolutely hate it considering that they wouldn't even need to do so. Goku promising Freeza that if he wins the tournament he'll be wished back would, and should be enough for the Evil Emperor.
What I mean by 'they' is the writers, not the team of U7 themselves. I should've clarified.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon May 22, 2017 8:56 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:
Makai wrote:Still can't get over this, it really ruined my interest in the rest of this arc. Sucks too, cause it's been really good do fast for the most part.

Even if they have a reason to justify screwing Buu yet again, couldn't they have found anyone else besides bringing back Frieza for like the 10th time? They could've brought in a new character, or it would've even made more sense to bring back Cell instead.

I personally would've liked if they made Pikkon officially canon, and this would've been the perfect time to introduce him. Especially if they're bringing anyone back from Other World, it would've made sense to use him.
Ok, so you would rather Goku choose either someone who lost to SS2 Gohan, or someone who at one point went toe to toe with his SS3 form, rather than someone who at one point was actually STRONGER than his SSB form?

Logic plz?

Also, rather tired of people hating on super. Even I'll admit that it's not perfect but hey, two words. Buu Saga.
Boo saga is a top 3 saga in DB, what are you talking about ?
Thought it would be obvious but basically, Majin Buu broke every ounce of power scaling that ever was. Little to nothing made sense. Buu's weakest form couldn't be taken out by SS3 Goku but Kid buu, arguably his strongest form, fell to a spirit bomb about half the size of the one that FAILED to kill Frieza. And let's not forget that this spirit bomb was pushed by SS1 Goku, not SS3 Goku, which failed to beat him ever single time.

And don't forget that Majin Vegeta's explosion SHOULD HAVE KILLED FAT BUU!

Also, a scream loud enough that it tore a hole between dimensions? Really?

The Buu saga was when Toriyama was let off his leash by his team and it really shows. I mean, a super saiyan transformation that extends the hair to ungodly lengths but removes the eyebrows? Forget Mr. Popo, we can easily tell who had the LSD.

Also, Majin Buuble gum. 'Nuff said.