Official Unofficial "My Boy is Getting Screwed by Super" Compilation Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Official Unofficial "My Boy is Getting Screwed by Super" Compilation Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Because having eleventy-billion of these things is insane.

If you feel like Toei and/or Toriyama are abusing your childhood with their depictions of secondary characters, rant and rage about it here.

If you or someone you love have felt victimized by Toriyama, Toyotaro, and Toei, fret not. You are NOT alone. Call now! You might be entitled to financial compensation.

Required Reading:
My Boy Goku: Part 1
My Boy Goku: Part 2
My Boy Goku: Part 3
My Boy Vegeta: Part 1
My Boy Vegeta: Part 2
My Boy Gohan
My Boys Goten and Trunks: Part 1
My Boys Goten and Trunks: Part 2
My Boy Piccolo: Part 1
My Boy Piccolo: Part 2
My Boy Yamcha
My Boy Tenshinhan
My Boy Chiaotzu
My Boys Yamcha and Chiaotzu
My Gurls 18 and Videl
My Boy Buu
My Boy Magetta
My Boy Hit
My Peeps Sharpner and Erasa
My Gurl Bulma
All My Boys: Part 1
All My Boys: Part 2
My Boy Universe 7
My Boy Power Levels: Part 1
My Boy Power Levels: Part 2
My Boy Power Levels: Part 3
My Boy Power Levels: Part 4
My Boy Power Levels: Part 5
My Boy Fanservice
My Boy Episode 84
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Official Unofficial "My Boy is Getting Screwed by Super" Compilation Thread

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm gonna throw a fucking tantrum if muh boi Paragus doesn't become canon via U6 and doesn't one shot everyone in U7.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu May 11, 2017 5:28 pm

Assuming that people who create these type of hot-head threads bother to check if there's already a topic is naive. You expect too much of people Kamiccolo9.
Maybe it's works and I'm just being cynical.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu May 11, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm surprised there aren't any "My boy" threads for kid Trunks and Goten. Especially Goten who might as well be non-existent in Super.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Thu May 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Why is "my boy" 17 so Strong?
Why is "my boy" Tien so weak?
Why is "my boy" Piccolo not a Namekian God?
Why is "my boy" Future Trunks hair so blue?
Why is "my boy" Buu so tired?
Why is "my boy" Goku so dumb?
Why is "my boy" Vegeta getting character development?
Why is "my boy" Gohan not getting Ws
Why is "my boy" Roshi so creepy?
Why is "my girl" 18 not getting any topics?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 11, 2017 5:37 pm

You might be entitled to financial compensation.
I'm gonna hold you to that comment if "my boy" Beerus doesn't kill Freeza in the Tournament Of Power and farts both Zenos into the sun for making him look like a bitch everytime they appear.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:41 pm

precita wrote:I'm surprised there aren't any "My boy" threads for kid Trunks and Goten. Especially Goten who might as well be non-existent in Super.
Updated in OP.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu May 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Ooh the satire, uuh lala

It's about time my boy Neiz gets his own two parter riding nimbus Apache jet fighter, I can only wait so much
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Thu May 11, 2017 6:07 pm

I love the 'my boy' threads, thanks :lol:

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Thu May 11, 2017 6:25 pm

There isn't really enough material to make a substantial post just about one character, so I'll go into top 6, + a general complaint about characters in the tournament.

1. Piccolo - gave him a decent chance to comeback and be relevant, only to have him not even fight at all because of the stupid poison. Why even tease Piccolo coming back into action if you're not even going to do anything with him. Hopefully he sees more action in the Tournament of Power.

2. Gotenks - Maybe they'll take advantage of this in the future, but the magic water filler introduced Gotenks again only to have him never shown again (probably for the rest of super). And I understand why they say he's not in the tournament of Power, but I think it's a mistake to never include him or other fusions again.

3. Fat Buu - We got to see a little bit of Buu fighting for the good guys, I think people want more, but now he's shafted in the tournament. This is somewhat acceptable if they are actually going to include Frieza as people have said.

4. Kaioshen(s) - While they are always shown to be not that strong, I feel they should be giving a little more advice, training techniques, etc, to the Z Fighters. Overall I just feel they are under utilized. Is king kai really the only one who can teach them a valuable move (Kaioken)? And with the Portara earrings being mostly useless now, it makes the Kai feel even more useless.

5. Hyperbolic Time Chamber & Gravity Chamber - While it may seem kind of cheap to be able to train for a few years in the timespan of a few days, training in it was a staple. It may not be as useful to Goku/vegeta now, but the lower fighters could definitely benefit from it if they wanted to be more relevant in the tournament of power.

6. Previous Filler Characters From DBZ -
Pikkon - while there's nothing really especially unique about this guy, except that he's almost as strong as SS3 in his 'base form' I just personally really like him
Janemba, Or Other Demons like him - The concept of Janemba and otherworld chaos provided a lot of mystery about stuff we never really full explored in DBZ, I personally would like to see them explore more stuff like this in the otherworld
Other Saiyans - I think it should make sense at the rate Saiyans were sending out their babies, there should be a lot more Saiyans floating around then just Turles and Broly.

7.General Note about the Tournament
While I appreciate all the buildup for older characters who are entering the tournament, I feel it's going to just be a waste when they actually get to Tournament and Goku,Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, 17, (Frieza?) will be doing most of the work anyways. And after the tournament is over they'll probably barely mention most of these characters again.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu May 11, 2017 8:23 pm

The sad thing is the only reason we have threads like this is because Super does such a poor job at handling its characters well that we complain. People don't like seeing their favorite characters being screwed. If the writers knew how to give proper screentime to everyone, or at least the same type of screentime everyone got in DBZ, this wouldn't be a problem.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 8:34 pm

precita wrote:The sad thing is the only reason we have threads like this is because Super does such a poor job at handling its characters well that we complain. People don't like seeing their favorite characters being screwed. If the writers knew how to give proper screentime to everyone, or at least the same type of screentime everyone got in DBZ, this wouldn't be a problem.
Wait, are you saying that Z handled its characters better than Super?

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Doctor. wrote:
precita wrote:The sad thing is the only reason we have threads like this is because Super does such a poor job at handling its characters well that we complain. People don't like seeing their favorite characters being screwed. If the writers knew how to give proper screentime to everyone, or at least the same type of screentime everyone got in DBZ, this wouldn't be a problem.
Yes Z sometimes had poor writing and inconsistencies, but this isn't a good excuse for the amount of things that are going wrong with Super every time someone complains about it.

People like to say these latest episodes are good for developing the character just because character X is in that episode, but often times the characters are not really being explored at all, they're simply appearing in the episode while nothing much of importance is going on. Meanwhile Dragon Ball Z had more fillers because there were a larger number of episodes and not at the expense of actual main storyline episodes being rushed. Often times those fillers were actually exploring characters in depth instead of what we get now where they just show up, do a couple things, and then nothing else is in the episode but obvious padding.

I think these episodes are a great idea, but the way they're being handled is poor, way too much padding in the episode where there is actually nothing happening, not conversation, not story, just nothing. I've noticed more and more people pointing this out and the fact that they skip through major portions of episodes because of this.
Last edited by Zagacious on Thu May 11, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:
When has Super ever handled its characters well?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 11:04 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
It's not that Super handles its characters well, it's that Z (and Dragon Ball in general) handles them so poorly the bar isn't set very high.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Doctor. wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Wait, are you saying that Z handled its characters better than Super?
It's not that Super handles its characters well, it's that Z (and Dragon Ball in general) handles them so poorly the bar isn't set very high.
I have to disagree, there's been decent character usage in Dragon Ball pretty much throughout its whole run. Sure the humans got sidelined in Z, but still made use of its other cast while it could. If there is any series with poor character usage, I would have to give it to Naruto Shippuden.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri May 12, 2017 12:02 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote: When has Super ever handled its characters well?
I have to disagree, there's been decent character usage in Dragon Ball pretty much throughout its whole run. Sure the humans got sidelined in Z, but still made use of its other cast while it could. If there is any series with poor character usage, I would have to give it to Naruto Shippuden.
Naruto is a bad series, you're not exactly setting the bar very high either.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri May 12, 2017 12:05 am

Doctor. wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Wait, are you saying that Z handled its characters better than Super?
I'd say that Early Dragon Ball handled it's characters well.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:10 am

Doctor. wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: It's not that Super handles its characters well, it's that Z (and Dragon Ball in general) handles them so poorly the bar isn't set very high.
Naruto is a bad series, you're not exactly setting the bar very high either.
I don't what else is their to really say, Dragon Ball didn't have amazing or great character usage. All I'm just saying it was decent, most characters (barring the humans) served a purpose each arc. Toriyama could have definitely handled Vegeta and Piccolo better, but he made up for it by giving them climatic moments and development.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri May 12, 2017 12:15 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Because having eleventy-billion of these things is insane.

If you feel like Toei and/or Toriyama are abusing your childhood with their depictions of secondary characters, rant and rage about it here.

If you or someone you love have felt victimized by Toriyama, Toyotaro, and Toei, fret not. You are NOT alone. Call now! You might be entitled to financial compensation.

Required Reading:
My Boy Goku: Part 1
My Boy Goku: Part 2
My Boy Goku: Part 3
My Boy Vegeta: Part 1
My Boy Vegeta: Part 2
My Boy Gohan
My Boys Goten and Trunks: Part 1
My Boys Goten and Trunks: Part 2
My Boy Piccolo
My Boy Yamcha
My Boy Tenshinhan
My Boy Chiaotzu
My Gurls 18 and Videl
My Boy Buu
My Boy Magetta
My Boy Hit
My Peeps Sharpner and Erasa
My Gurl Bulma
All My Boys: Part 1
All My Boys: Part 2
My Boy Universe 7
My Boy Power Levels: Part 1
My Boy Power Levels: Part 2
My Boy Power Levels: Part 3
My Boy Power Levels: Part 4
My Boy Power Levels: Part 5
My Boy Fanservice
My Boy Episode 84
God this site needs a like feature. Thank you so much for this.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.