What does Gohan mean?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

What does Gohan mean?

Post by Kishido » Sun May 14, 2017 3:10 pm

With a utlimate form no one has seen before and that's different from Goku's way?

Staying in his "base" (ultimate form) and use God Ki?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What does Gohan mean?

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 14, 2017 3:12 pm

This means he is going to go god level without using Goldy transformations like goku..
There is no known way of this happening yet
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun May 14, 2017 3:16 pm

At this point in time, it could mean whatever they want it to mean. That's probably why it was worded so vague. But, at least, it pretty much means that Gohan doesn't plan to use god Ki? That's how I saw it anyway.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun May 14, 2017 3:25 pm

My current theory is that what Gohan is trying to get is what we see Goku having in the ending (base form with mist). That's why they are hinting at Goku having a new form so much, because the main surprise isn't Goku getting a new transformation since that is kind of predictable but Gohan getting it as well, and Goku at the end of their fight also said they will push even further ahead together which could also be a hint toward this.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun May 14, 2017 6:41 pm

It means Gohan doesn't want to boost up via ssb like Goku and Vegeta.

He's gonna improve his mystic form.. it's gonna wreck ssb, it's blatantly obvious.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun May 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Gohan mean rice... Oh whoops :wink:

I think Gohan may get a transformation on top of his Mystic form, I don't think he'll get God ki like Goku and Vegeta

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun May 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Gohan will get Ultimate 2, which looks just like Ultimate but has a crackling lightning effect that the animators occasionally forget to draw!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:27 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Gohan will get Ultimate 2, which looks just like Ultimate but has a crackling lightning effect that the animators occasionally forget to draw!
That or he grows a second bang.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super