What would be your ideal DBS continuity?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

What would be your ideal DBS continuity?

Post by Almighty Majin » Sun May 21, 2017 2:25 pm

If you could create your own DBS continuity by taking your preferred parts from each medium of DBS (movies, anime, manga). How would the story be shaped?

Quantum-Kakarrotto
Beyond Newbie

Re: What would be your ideal DBS continuity?

Post by Quantum-Kakarrotto » Mon May 22, 2017 11:53 am

An ideal Super continuity okay...

I'd take Battle of Gods the film but exchange the ending with the Manga version where Goku keeps the Super Saiyan God form, but also take the conversation between Goku and Beerus about the other Universes from the film. Keep Episodes 15-18 of the Super anime, then the Resurrection F film combined with some scenes from the Super anime such as showing everyone dying on Earth, The party at the end of the arc, and Gohan reuniting with Videl and Pan. Then the Manga version of the Universe 6 vs U7 tournament.

I'm just going to leave it right here because the Black arc is still going on in the Manga and I'll wait till that's finished to give my full version of an Ideal continuity.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 22, 2017 12:11 pm

I'd take the BOG movie.

I'd mix up the RF movie and arc.

I'd also mix up the Champa and Zamasu anime and manga.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon May 22, 2017 12:21 pm

If I was in charge we would get an animated manga, it's everything i wish super to be like
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Quantum-Kakarrotto wrote:An ideal Super continuity okay...

I'd take Battle of Gods the film but exchange the ending with the Manga version where Goku keeps the Super Saiyan God form, but also take the conversation between Goku and Beerus about the other Universes from the film. Keep Episodes 15-18 of the Super anime, then the Resurrection F film combined with some scenes from the Super anime such as showing everyone dying on Earth, The party at the end of the arc, and Gohan reuniting with Videl and Pan. Then the Manga version of the Universe 6 vs U7 tournament.

I'm just going to leave it right here because the Black arc is still going on in the Manga and I'll wait till that's finished to give my full version of an Ideal continuity.
I agree with your changes

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:32 am

i would've liked the anime to follow the manga. but also add in the resurrection of frieza arc. however i would've liked the arc to be different. first of all i would've preferred gohan to a lot stronger where he forced frieza to transform into final form. also i wouldve liked goten and trunks to arrive separately and than fuse which ends up in failure(due to not practising) and they turn fat. for goku vs golden Freeza part. i think goku shouldve just turned ssg and that would be only slightly weaker than frieza (golden) . and instead of having frieza loose stamina which causes him to loose to goku. it would've been better that goku turned ss blue which is far stronger than golden fieza . imo that would've been a lot better.

last thing i enjoy the slice of life episodes so that should remain.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue May 23, 2017 8:09 am

Quantum-Kakarrotto wrote:An ideal Super continuity okay...

Nothing to add, nothing to take away, nothing to change. I agree 100%.

That would at least fix the silly power scaling of the anime and the two bases confusion.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:33 am

BoG movie(with episode 5 inserted) -> DB Super Episode 16, 18 -> R'F'(movie) Manga of the champa arc(but instead of Goku going SSJ God against Hit, he goes SSJ, then SSJ2, Then SSJ Blue. SSJBlue would be slightly changed so that it doesn't take up a lot of energy when using it, but it would still take up a lot of energy if its turned on and off) - > Future Trunks arc, which gets confusing.

[spoiler]Episode 47 & 48 ->Episode 49 (With manga's version of Future Trunks Buu saga flashback and Future Trunks vs Goku's fight) -> Ep 50 - 51(except Berrus and Whis don't think Blacks ki feels familiar, and have no reason to look for him and conclude that it feels similar to Zamasu's ki) -> Manga scene where Gowasu, Zamasu, Shin and Kibito are training and Shin mentions that Goku beat Buu - > Trunks goes to meet Gohan(anime) -> Gowasu and Zamasu go to the Barbarians planet(manga version) -> Goku gets called to Zeno(anime version) -> Zamasu looks up Goku on godtube(manga version) -> Zamasu, enraged at Goku for beating Buu and having god ki, challenges him to a fight(didn't happen in either version) -> Goku and Zamasu fight, Goku beats Zamasu and returns to universe 7 -> Zamasu holds a grudge - > Time machine is fixed, Goku, Vegeta, Trunks go to the future -> Episode 56 ->Episode 57(except for the godtube scene) -> Episode 58 - 63 -> Episode 64(differences being there are no clone Goku Blacks, Future Trunks and Vegeta take on Goku Black, and Goku tries the Mafuba on Zamasu, with the manga explanation for why it didn't work) -> Episode 65(with Goku going kioken SSJ Blue for the first time in his kamehameha against merged Zamasu) -> Episodes 66 & 67.[/spoiler]

I would then follow it with episodes 70 - 76, and since the Manga hasn't caught up to the USA arc, I can't really say what I'd do for that.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 23, 2017 10:32 am

Quantum-Kakarrotto wrote:I'd take Battle of Gods the film but exchange the ending with the Manga version where Goku keeps the Super Saiyan God form, but also take the conversation between Goku and Beerus about the other Universes from the film. Keep Episodes 15-18 of the Super anime, then the Resurrection F film combined with some scenes from the Super anime such as showing everyone dying on Earth, The party at the end of the arc, and Gohan reuniting with Videl and Pan. Then the Manga version of the Universe 6 vs U7 tournament.
That sounds ideal for me, too. I'd just have the anime version of Goku vs Hit instead of the manga version because I love the SSJBKKx20 moment so much.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:40 am

I would change 90% of super and make it logical

1. Retcon the end of Z (you have to do this)

2. A powerscaling guide comes out BEFORE super and indicates the characters destructive powers BEFORE THE START OF SUPER.

3. In the frieza movie, canonized Cooler and bring him back with cold. Have frieza learn of future trunks and have him use the dragonballs to wish future trunks into this timeline for his revenge. In the movie vegeta and trunks become ssj reds, and they take on the 3 frost demons (Who train for well over a year and each have their own super forms.) Frieza has his golden form, Cold has his yellow form, and Cooler has a red form and they train and got rid of the weakness. Trunks Goku and Vegeta all discover SSB blue in the fight and they have a 3 on 3 melee type of fight that ends with a super beam struggle of the saiyans overtaking the frost demons and destroying them once and for all. At the end of the movie trunks is wished back to his timeline.

4. Keep the universal tournament the same except cabba never goes ssj that easily, and vegeta puts up a better fight vs hit

I have more changes but don't feel like typing anymore lol