Frieza's interesting interactions during the ToP (and after)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Frieza's interesting interactions during the ToP (and after)

Post by larzooma » Sat May 27, 2017 7:11 pm

I'm looking forward to a few interactions when Frieza joins the tournament.

1. I want to see how much it hurts his ego to realize he stands absolutely no chance against current Goku and Vegeta, and tbh is about middle of the pack power wise.
2, His interaction with Frost, the U6 version of himself.
3. (Probably looking forward to this the most) The final moment he gets to see Kale transform, and the Legendary Super Saiyan he feared that much all those years ago, faces him down. Sure Goku and Vegeta ended up reaching the common version of Super Saiyan, and gain significant boosts and transformations over the years through intense training, but Kale's version (if they consider it in any way similar to Broly's version) is the actual Legendary Super Saiyan form he feared. From the recent translations, it sounds like she's going to have an incredible amount of power through the transformation. I'm honestly hoping enough to challenge SSJB. Give the ultra unique form the respect and power it deserves.
4. Will anything during the arc, turn Frieza into a somewhat reformed version of the group??? Sure compared to Tien, Piccolo, and Vegeta, all former enemies, Frieza seems beyond any form of rehabilitation. Part of his deal may be coming back to life, and something may keep him close to the group, even if it's a hidden motive to eventually surpass Goku. This could make for some interesting stories, and add another powerful ally.

Dpc292
Banned

Re: Frieza's interesting interactions during the ToP (and after)

Post by Dpc292 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:22 pm

...I want him to fall in love with kale or caulifla.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:25 pm

I want him to make love with Frost.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sat May 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Dpc292 wrote:...I want him to fall in love with kale or caulifla.
...Frieza falling in love with a dirty Saiyan...I can't picture it.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat May 27, 2017 11:20 pm

If you think golden Freeza stands no chance against Goku then you clearly havent been paying attention..

In one episode Freeza can be on the same level as current Goku and there literally needs to be zero logic behind it.

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:30 pm

larzooma wrote:
Dpc292 wrote:...I want him to fall in love with kale or caulifla.
...Frieza falling in love with a dirty Saiyan...I can't picture it.
Then imagine it. Him in bed with one or both of them. Smooth Frieza to the tune of smooth operator.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat May 27, 2017 11:30 pm

I suppose if there's one plus to bringing Freeza back, it's seeing some of the interactions that he'll potentially have with some of the other universes.

With that being said, I still think bringing Freeza back is a bad idea, and if he ends up undergoing some form of redemption, I'm officially going to be more angry with Super than I've ever been before.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Right now I'm really liking the idea of Freeza getting almost immediately ringed out, but done in a comedic way; maybe have him be half though some pompous speech and before he can finish he's tossed/knocked/pushed out.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sat May 27, 2017 11:35 pm

julianix wrote:If you think golden Freeza stands no chance against Goku then you clearly havent been paying attention..

In one episode Freeza can be on the same level as current Goku and there literally needs to be zero logic behind it.
Ugh I'm trying to give the writers some benefit of the doubt. You can make an argument for 17's gain, given we don't know how he's trained or how quickly androids gain power. You can say Goku's intention was to boost Krillin's confidence, and in now way did the episode indicate a comparison in power. Sure, even reaching his Golden form in 4 months was a bit of a stretch, but Frieza was always known as an anomaly in terms of power. I'm almost positive, he's unable to grow in power as part of his imprisonment in the cocoon, so giving him any sort of increase would really solidify the total lack of care of continuity or even remotely take power scaling into account when writing an episode. Plus, I think it's a good story for Frieza to emerge realizing how outclassed he is by the two people he hates most (and I've argued other places, some of the other Z fighters). This could be part of the reason he sticks around the group, and starts to understand the desire to train and gain power. Where that leads? I'm not sure.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sat May 27, 2017 11:41 pm

Hold Frieza's beer. He'll have Golden form mastered in an hour. Everyone else got monster gains. I'm sure the progenitor of illogical power and gains won't have trouble catching up to Goku.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat May 27, 2017 11:44 pm

TysonWine wrote:Hold Frieza's beer. He'll have Golden form mastered in an hour. Everyone else got monster gains. I'm sure the progenitor of illogical power and gains won't have trouble catching up to Goku.
I guess it's appropriate considering that prior to Super, the one Dragon Ball arc that featured the most absurd power boosts was Freeza's own arc. I'm still scratching my head at how a Zenkai boost caused Goku's power to jump from 90,000, to 3 million.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun May 28, 2017 4:23 am

Frieza's position in this is actually interesting.

Throughout the DB saga, most of Goku's opponents have ended up as his best friends: Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Vegeta, the Androids, Buu, Beerus and Hit. Frieza and Zamasu stand out as utterly irredeemable scumbags.

I'm divided on whether I want to see Frieza evolve into an ally to the Z-Fighters, or whether he should stay his despicable self. Both angles have their good points.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Sun May 28, 2017 4:38 am

Goku says Freeza brought up unbelievable terms...........

Why cant they just lie and agree on the terms and then go back on the deal once they all win.

I mean fuck Freeza. He belongs in Hell so what if we screw him over.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sun May 28, 2017 4:42 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:Frieza's position in this is actually interesting.

Throughout the DB saga, most of Goku's opponents have ended up as his best friends: Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Vegeta, the Androids, Buu, Beerus and Hit. Frieza and Zamasu stand out as utterly irredeemable scumbags.

I'm divided on whether I want to see Frieza evolve into an ally to the Z-Fighters, or whether he should stay his despicable self. Both angles have their good points.
I completely agree. It would be a cool dynamic to see him realize he needs to train to keep up with the other fighters, especially Goku and Vegeta. This may drive him in a similar way to Vegeta, with different happenings in life changing his personality outside of fighting, which may eventually make him an unwilling ally. He may simply stick around to surpass and kill Goku and Vegeta, which is somehow stopped once he's capable of challenging them seriously. Beerus may take him aside and say listen, I've grown to actually like these people and this planet, so I'll hakai you quicker than you can blink, if you try to destroy anyone in this group. He may take off after the tournament, setting up some sort of future story line where he's the antagonist again. I think he's the type of character they can do a lot with, and expanding on his backstory would be interesting. It's hard to see him reforming, but I like the possibilities of him sticking around.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 28, 2017 5:15 am

MasterVampire wrote:Goku says Freeza brought up unbelievable terms...........

Why cant they just lie and agree on the terms and then go back on the deal once they all win.

I mean fuck Freeza. He belongs in Hell so what if we screw him over.
That's not the goku way, he says he will do it then you better believe he will..
He was even ready to pay them the false prize money..

For the thread

Freeza frost interaction is the least interesting aspect to me right now..
I want to see him nail everyone in top..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sun May 28, 2017 5:29 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Freeza frost interaction is the least interesting aspect to me right now..
I want to see him nail everyone in top.
Me too. Frieza needs to be an absolute savage, bringing confirmation to how "evil" universe 7 is. You can't get anymore evil than Frieza, so there shouldn't be anyone there that can match his level of ferociousness and ruthlessness

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Sun May 28, 2017 5:35 am

TysonWine wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Freeza frost interaction is the least interesting aspect to me right now..
Me too. Frieza needs to be an absolute savage, bringing confirmation to how "evil" universe 7 is. You can't get anymore evil than Frieza, so there shouldn't be anyone there that can match his level of ferociousness and ruthlessness
Hmm, maybe he will start to display some of his signature evil behavior, and Jiren will use whatever aptly named Justice move is the most powerful to blast Frieza so far off the platform, he lands right back into his cocoon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 28, 2017 5:43 am

larzooma wrote:
TysonWine wrote:
Hmm, maybe he will start to display some of his signature evil behavior, and Jiren will use whatever aptly named Justice move is the most powerful to blast Frieza so far off the platform, he lands right back into his cocoon.
I am almost certain freeza is sticking around after this arc, the guy isn't dying no chance
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sun May 28, 2017 10:42 am

larzooma wrote:
julianix wrote:If you think golden Freeza stands no chance against Goku then you clearly havent been paying attention..

Ugh I'm trying to give the writers some benefit of the doubt. You can make an argument for 17's gain, given we don't know how he's trained or how quickly androids gain power. You can say Goku's intention was to boost Krillin's confidence, and in now way did the episode indicate a comparison in power. Sure, even reaching his Golden form in 4 months was a bit of a stretch, but Frieza was always known as an anomaly in terms of power. I'm almost positive, he's unable to grow in power as part of his imprisonment in the cocoon, so giving him any sort of increase would really solidify the total lack of care of continuity or even remotely take power scaling into account when writing an episode. Plus, I think it's a good story for Frieza to emerge realizing how outclassed he is by the two people he hates most (and I've argued other places, some of the other Z fighters). This could be part of the reason he sticks around the group, and starts to understand the desire to train and gain power. Where that leads? I'm not sure.
I don't get this thinking. Freeza literally decided to train for a few months for the first time in his life a few arcs back and shot passed SSJ, the Androids, Cell, SSJ 2, SSJ3, Boo, Ultimate Gohan, and got to a level near SSJB. The last time Freeza was stuck in his cocoon he was in his machine body. If he spent any time at all just getting used to regulating his Golden Form he would be a lot stronger and that much more of a threat to SSJB.

There's really no reason why he would fear Goku and Vegeta being that much stronger. It took over 10 years for them to reach the level they are at and took him a couple months to almost close the gap. Imagine if he spent a year training or went in the ROSAT? He'd blow right past them.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sun May 28, 2017 10:46 am

Also for the thread, the Kale interaction is the least interesting to me. He has no connection to her and no reason to know there is a difference between SSJ and LSSJ. In fact the SSJ that allegedly caused his family to fear the legend was in fact Bardock as a regular SSJ. The whole thing was thought to be a myth. By this point he's fought SSJB. I doubt Kale even registers with him.Just another Saiyan doing a variation of the transformation.