Are they scraping the LSSJ form?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Are they scraping the LSSJ form?

Post by IKevinX » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:20 pm

From the last episode, I would say they are definitely copying instead of scraping.

Since she uses the same moves and poses as Broly in Movie 8.
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:05 pm

IKevinX wrote:From the last episode, I would say they are definitely copying instead of scraping.

Since she uses the same moves and poses as Broly in Movie 8.
SHE EVEN TALKS LIKE HIM!!!!! She said overflowing.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Personally I don't think it should ever have been in the show at all. It feels like blatant fan service, Broly is tremendously popular they obviously can't have him so they just made a ripoff version.

It all feels kinda naff.
Last edited by Bullza on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Bullza wrote:Personally I don't think it should ever have been in the show at all. It feels like blatant fan service, Broly is tremendously Poland they obviously can't have him so they just made a ripoff version.

It all feels kinda naff.
Meh, no one who would have seen Broly has seen LSS Kale yet (Yes, I'm calling her that until we get anything more). Movie 8 may yet be canonized.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:58 am

I'm genuinely hoping they won't try to squeeze in a mention of Broly from anyone from Universe 7. I feel it would be detrimental to the series as a whole to actually acknowledge his existence.

And while I don't exactly like the idea of a Broly clone, I do appreciate the introduction of more powerful females. If they had to shoehorn in a clone, better this way than actually trying to jam Broly, or an identical male character in.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Bullza wrote:Personally I don't think it should ever have been in the show at all. It feels like blatant fan service, Broly is tremendously popular they obviously can't have him so they just made a ripoff version.

It all feels kinda naff.
Ehh, I kinda agree but at the same time I think if they're going to do a bunch of fan service, then this arc is prefect for that.
With 80 participants, they can afford to create a Broly clone and toss a bone or two to people like Roshi and still have a bunch of new and unique characters to introduce.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:06 pm

I think we won't have a real name/description until Goku/Vegeta and the gang witness this form. It'll be interesting to see if they reference Broly at all, making him officially canon.

SaiyanSoul

Post by SaiyanSoul » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:I'm genuinely hoping they won't try to squeeze in a mention of Broly from anyone from Universe 7. I feel it would be detrimental to the series as a whole to actually acknowledge his existence.

And while I don't exactly like the idea of a Broly clone, I do appreciate the introduction of more powerful females. If they had to shoehorn in a clone, better this way than actually trying to jam Broly, or an identical male character in.
I won't be upset if Vegeta just mentions the correlation of U7's LSSJ "Story" to Kale's overflowing power.
PSN Tag: FalconDeathPunch

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:24 pm

The green hair does go with the veggie theme. And if broly's hair was from the mind control. Maybe cauliflower is using that on Kale if you get my drift. She has the arm bands and whatnot like broly did. 8)
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:22 pm

I believe they are trying to imply Kale is the LSSJ for universe 6. The SSJ transformation exists for both races, even if one of them doesn't have a legend about it, and it's possible there would be a LSSJ for each universe 6 and 7.

My main reasons for believing Kale is LSSJ is her appearance and the fact she loses control. No other saiyans have been shown to look like that or lose control when going SSJ, except for Broly. If she is not the LSSJ, then her appearance and transformation shouldn't look that similar to Broly, who looks distinctly different from a regular SSJ, mainly the green tinting and exaggerated body size, but even the clothing is the same too.

It could be they are making a new SSJ form variation similar to LSSJ that only certain saiyans are born with and lose control, but that's still not really any different than LSSJ.

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:24 pm

A rose by any other name, lets wait and see what this form is called, and how it works compared to the (non canon) way it worked for Broly.