So it seems confirmed Cell and the other older villains no longer exist in Hell

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

So it seems confirmed Cell and the other older villains no longer exist in Hell

Post by precita » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 pm

The recent episode confirmed Freeza's body still exist because he refuses to repent in Hell.

This heavily implies Cell and all the other older villains no longer exist in any form. Most likely all the older villains are now spirits and will no longer be seen ever again. I guess this pretty much confirms we'll never see Cell again in canon, not that I expected to ever anyway.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Re: So it seems confirmed Cell and the other older villains no longer exist in Hell

Post by DHM211 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:30 pm

Why would Cell repent?
I'm sure he's in his own hell.

precita
Banned

Re: So it seems confirmed Cell and the other older villains no longer exist in Hell

Post by precita » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:31 pm

DHM211 wrote:Why would Cell repent?
I'm sure he's in his own hell.
You could say the same for any villain then. Most likely they all repent over time.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:48 pm

Cell is an artificial creation, he might not even be able to comeback. Maybe he's not in hell at all.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

You also have to realize a lot of the older villains have been dead for YEARS, some even decades.

Cell died when Gohan was a kid/early teen. There was the 7 years to Buu, then all the time that passed to Super, so Cell's been dead for a decade at the least. In all that time the villains probably repent.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:08 am

julianix wrote:Cell is an artificial creation, he might not even be able to comeback. Maybe he's not in hell at all.
Cell was in Hell with Frieza and Babidi in the Buu arc, what changed?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:12 am

MagmonKai wrote:
julianix wrote:Cell is an artificial creation, he might not even be able to comeback. Maybe he's not in hell at all.
That's one of those fillers moments that wasn't in the original manga. Though it's a little difficult to pick out what from the anime Super is using and what it isn't. So it's easier just to say ,them all together in hell isn't a thing in this continuity anymore. At least until stated otherwise.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:14 am

precita wrote:The recent episode confirmed Freeza's body still exist because he refuses to repent in Hell.

This heavily implies Cell and all the other older villains no longer exist in any form. Most likely all the older villains are now spirits and will no longer be seen ever again. I guess this pretty much confirms we'll never see Cell again in canon, not that I expected to ever anyway.
I don't think they become spirits. I believe like with what happened with Buu and Uub, their souls reincarnate. Which would actually be a pretty good way to repopulate the series with stronger mortal fighters, Heaven help whoever has to take on the reincarnation of Cell.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:44 am

precita wrote:You also have to realize a lot of the older villains have been dead for YEARS, some even decades.

Cell died when Gohan was a kid/early teen. There was the 7 years to Buu, then all the time that passed to Super, so Cell's been dead for a decade at the least. In all that time the villains probably repent.
Frieza was in hell longer then Cell, yet Frieza didn't repent so I don't think time is that big of an issue.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:46 am

DHM211 wrote:
precita wrote:You also have to realize a lot of the older villains have been dead for YEARS, some even decades.

Frieza was in hell longer then Cell, yet Frieza didn't repent so I don't think time is that big of an issue.
Because as they said in this episode, Freeza's stubborness or evilness prevents him from repenting. The Mouse god even called him the "Emperor of Evil" for Universe 7.

That doesn't mean the other villains don't repent. Freeza obviously doesn't equal everyone else.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:50 am

And?? Freeza was in hell for much longer.
Gohan was ~6 when Freeza died and now he's like 25

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:53 am

I don't think I'm fully understanding. ... So Frieza never repented his evil ways and because of that he still had a body and was in Hell? And potentially Cell may have repented his evil ways? Does this mean Cell would lose his body and turn into a spirit? How does this all connect? Sorry.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:53 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:

And?? Freeza was in hell for much longer.
Gohan was ~6 when Freeza died and now he's like 25
I'm going to repeat what I said above, Freeza doesn't repent because he's stubborn/evil or whatever. The other villains likely did over time. I think you guys missed the point I was making, the other villains likely give up being trapped in Hell and just repent over time. Freeza does not.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:58 am

But you're missing the point. What makes you think someone like Cell, Cold, (or Broly if including movies) would repent? Cell in particular has Freeza's cells in him.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:00 am

Boo Machine wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:
That's one of those fillers moments that wasn't in the original manga. Though it's a little difficult to pick out what from the anime Super is using and what it isn't. So it's easier just to say ,them all together in hell isn't a thing in this continuity anymore. At least until stated otherwise.
*cough*... I'm fairly certain it's supposed to be exactly the other way round.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:05 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:But you're missing the point. What makes you think someone like Cell, Cold, (or Broly if including movies) would repent? Cell in particular has Freeza's cells in him.
Well I'm going by what Super said, Freeza is considered the most evil or stubborn being so he won't repent. The others, particularly Cell, don't seem as pure evil. Remember Cell also has Saiyan blood in him too as well as Piccolo's, he never seemed as outright villainous as Freeza did.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:06 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:
I need a little help understanding what you mean.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:24 am

Freeza has always been billed as evil itself and Boo was reincarnated. I think what happens is they stay in hell until they repent, become a spirit and remain in heaven/limbo until they are "recycled" (reincarnated). This seems to be a long process since I believe King Yemma had to cleanse Boo's soul for reincarnation into Oob. This took 10 years and I feel like Goku dropped a line at the EoZ saying something about Boo's soul being cleansed. Because of Goku's request to Yemma, Boo/Oob was probably reincarnated a lot quicker or put in front of everyone else, which still took 10 years. We don't know if Cell is just void of existence because he was artificial or if he was actually in hell. I'd imagine Cell would repent easy if he had a bunch around him reminding him he lost and wasn't perfect. I also wouldn't doubt it if Yemma hesitates to reincarnate past villains and chooses to leave them in limbo. Freeza wouldn't even bow down to Zen-Oh, he'd never repent or admit he is wrong. That's where he and Frost differ. This also confirms Earth has it's own hell while other planets might have their own too which could open a door for future material.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:39 am

Boo Machine wrote:
LowRyder2005 wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
I need a little help understanding what you mean.
I meant it as "unless we have confirmation, we should act like they still happened". I reckon even Kai kept at least some of the scenes in question; it basically doesn't really look like they were written out.

It also doesn't really conflict - well, at least not irreparably so - with Freeza being in his own hell in the first place after being allowed to roam around during some of the filler in Z.
Last edited by LowRyder2005 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:45 am

Since DBKai left in the moment in Hell where the villains are surrounding the TV screen watching SS3 Goku fight Kid Buu, I consider this in the anime canon. I guess we could say that the villains were supposed to repent but had not done so by that point, which is why we saw them all.

In between the Buu Saga and the Universe Survival Saga, all of the villains repented except Frieza and were put in limbo as souls. The Ginyu Force seem to be able of repentance. King Cold didn't have the stubbornness of Frieza, from what I recall. He seemed like he wanted to make a bargain with SS1 Future Trunks before he died. King Cold probably would have repented in order to leave Hell; he knew there would be no other way to leave. I could see Cell repenting as well. He was never truly bad. He had an ego, but he wasn't without some decency.