What is Yamcha's voice actor doing

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

What is Yamcha's voice actor doing

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:05 pm

According to the disappointing news that just arrived, Frieza isn't going anywhere and Yamcha is still the only z fighter not participating in the tournament. (this is absurdly unforgivable!) I'm still confused here. If the tweet sent by his VA is real, then what is he doing? It said somewhere (can't find it atm) that he was tired out from voicing Yamcha everyday. B plots aren't usually big enough to have the voice actors exhausted like that so what is he doing?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

precita
Banned

Re: What is Yamcha's voice actor doing

Post by precita » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:07 pm

There's some speculation that something might happen on Earth while everyone is away for the tournament. Even then Trunks and Goten are still on Earth too, so it wouldn't just be Yamcha if the Earth gets attacked while all the major characters are gone.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Pulling my guesses from my post in the main Super thread.
Maybe they are going to do a vomic for that "reincarnated as Yamcha" manga after all?

Or, maybe Yamcha back on Earth is the B-story we'll cut away to during the tournament?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Probably some padding episode in the middle of the tournament where we see Yamcha, Goten, and Trunks' crazy hijinks on 17 Island.

Maybe they'll build a water park.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Even then that's not enough for a VA to be "exhausted."

Yamcha has, so far, been in 3 episodes since this new arc started. It's only been short scenes in all of them, so if he continues to get small scenes like that it's not enough to exhaust a VA.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Yeah, this is a good question. Just a few lines like usual wouldn't make him exhausted. I don't know, nothing in the real titles point that Freeza leaves, but what is doing Yamcha then? Because apparently he is doing something. I don't see him going to 17's island with the kids.
Heno heno kappa!

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:47 pm

He ended his tweet with "I will do my best tomorrow" or something like that, which probably means the sessions are more than just a day. I, too, think it might be an anime adaption of Dragongarowlee's work with Yamcha.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:49 pm

Putting in some work for the two hour Yamucha television special. Where it's all things Yamucha and his adventures from his unique point of view. This special will air just before the conclusion of the Tournament of Power, and then be followed by a one week break from Super. Viewers that have been invested in the ToP storyline will have to wait an extra two weeks to know the final outcome.

That's my guess...

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Asura wrote:Probably some padding episode in the middle of the tournament where we see Yamcha, Goten, and Trunks' crazy hijinks on 17 Island.

Maybe they'll build a water park.
YES PLEASE. I'll put it in my signature for good fortune.

If you did read it please tell me how.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Maybe somebody will attack Earth while everyone else is at the tournament, and since due to highjinks (Because Goten and Trunks are going to fuck soemthing up on that island), Yamcha will be the only one available to fight off the attacker to set up the next arc when the cast return to Earth. Imagine it being like the kick off to the Piccolo Arc, everyone returns from the tournament, things might of gone well, only to be faced with their homes demolished.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Maybe he becomes the central cheerleader for Universe 7 during the tournament and as the lines of dialogue are just long winded chants to spur on Goku and his friends on to (certain!) victory.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Maybe that Yamcha comic is getting an adaptation. Man, that would be like the most exciting thing to happen in this boring as hell franchise.

But as other posters have said it could probably be some side stuff in the current story or if Yamcha fans are lucky, which they aren't by the way, he's participating in the ToP.

Whatever it is, more Furuya Tooru is always welcome!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Maybe that Yamcha comic is getting an adaptation. Man, that would be like the most exciting thing to happen in this boring as hell franchise.
God, that'd be the ultimate insult to Yamcha...

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Maybe that Yamcha comic is getting an adaptation. Man, that would be like the most exciting thing to happen in this boring as hell franchise.
God, that'd be the ultimate insult to Yamcha...
Nah. It would be exciting to see another fan artist's hardwork become an official adaptation with Yamcha as the lead and more work for Furuya.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Nah. It would be exciting to see another fan artist's hardwork become an official adaptation with Yamcha as the lead and more work for Furuya.
Except Yamcha wouldn't be the lead.

Kanassa wrote:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:01 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:According to the disappointing news that just arrived, Frieza isn't going anywhere
???

That is amazing. Not disappointing. Seeing Frieza interact with the Z-Fighters and teamwork with them for once, it's fresh and exciting. How the heck would people take Yamcha who is meme tier at best over something as exciting as Goku/Frieza teamwork is beyond me.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:07 pm

The Yamcha spin-off isn't over yet, it doesn't sound right for Furuya to be doing voice acting work for an anime special that wasn't even announced. Unless it's a VOMIC, which would make more sense schedule-wise.
I have a feeling that even with Freeza around, we can't rule him out of the tournament.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Xeogran wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:According to the disappointing news that just arrived, Frieza isn't going anywhere
???

That is amazing. Not disappointing. Seeing Frieza interact with the Z-Fighters and teamwork with them for once, it's fresh and exciting. How the heck would people take Yamcha who is meme tier at best over something as exciting as Goku/Frieza teamwork is beyond me.
Because some people actually like Yamcha and care more about him than Frieza, how the hell is that a surprise to you?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

That's not exactly a substantial response. Xeogran could easily claim, "Some people actually like Freeza & care more about him than Yamcha", leading to a circular discussion. The core talking point, from my perspective, is whether an idea is original to the series or not. While both can achieve uniqueness, one side has exhibited potential originality.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:29 pm

I seriously doubt Toei even has a timeslot for some silly Yamcha parody comic. Why on earth would they spend the money to animated such a thing? Toei's resources are thin as is.