Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:15 pm

http://rajzfilmovezet.blogspot.ro/2017/ ... ippai.html

Goku's hungarian voice actor confirmed in an interview that they recorded 76 episodes of something Dragon Ball related last year. He said that he will tell us if he talked about Super or Kai in July 15th. That's the only thing we know. We don't know what channel will air those episodes, or when, but he will possibly tell us more information about this in July 15th.

I'm hoping for Super. I'm hungarian and I grew up with the original Dragon Ball Z. Everything Dragon Ball related besides the movies, specials, Kai and Super were dubbed in hungarian. While I like Kai, I woud like to see a hungarian dub of Super a lot more.

What do you think about this? Btw, I want to say hello to every member of this forum. New member here. Nice to meet you all! :wave:

EDIT: Goku's hungarian VA didn't reveal anything sadly. He wants to keep it a secret, but we will eventually find out in the future. :)

EDIT 2: IT"S OFFICIAL! There will be a Hungarian dub of Super! March 28th at 16:00 PM every weekday!

http://www.gyerek-vilag.tk/2018/03/marc ... 2065766851
Last edited by TheDipDap1234 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 am
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:49 pm

If he dubbed 76 episodes last year - it would depend on when, as Super's 76th was the final official Future Trunks episode, which aired in January this year.

I believe Kai is more likely here.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6459
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Hey, if you're hungarian then can you confirm that a 14-year-old boy threatened to commit suicide over DBZ being cancelled in Hungary?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:06 pm

If I had to guess I'd say it would be Super.

If its Kai maybe there is still a chance of the Canadian dub finally being announced? That too would be LONG overdue.
Last edited by Dragon Ball Ireland on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Funimation Level 1.2 Replacement Cover
- Showdown DVD single

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:11 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Hey, if you're hungarian then can you confirm that a 14-year-old boy threatened to commit suicide over DBZ being cancelled in Hungary?
I heard about it, but I don't know if it really happened or not. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen though. Dragon Ball Z was very popular in here around that time. After its cancellation, fans went and buyed the dubs for the unaired episodes, and started uploading them on the internet. Some years later, another channel started airing Z again, and the ratings were so good, they still air reruns of it to this day.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Tian » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:15 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:http://rajzfilmovezet.blogspot.ro/2017/ ... ippai.html

Goku's hungarian voice actor confirmed in an interview that they recorded 76 episodes of something Dragon Ball related last year. He said that he will tell us if he talked about Super or Kai in July 15th. That's the only thing we know. We don't know what channel will air those episodes, or when, but he will possible tell us more information about this in July 15th.

I'm hoping for Super. I'm hungarian and I grew up with the original Dragon Ball Z. Everything Dragon Ball related besides the movies, specials, Kai and Super were dubbed in hungarian. While I like Kai, I woud like to see a hungarian dub of Super a lot more.

What do you think about this? Btw, I want to say hello to every member of this forum. New member here. Nice to meet you all! :wave:
1. If I recall correctly, the only special aired in Hungary was A Hero's Legacy on Animax, it was premiered one week after GT's finale.

2. Enjoy your stay at Kanzenshuu :D.
[Enter a cool signature here]

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Tian wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:http://rajzfilmovezet.blogspot.ro/2017/ ... ippai.html

Goku's hungarian voice actor confirmed in an interview that they recorded 76 episodes of something Dragon Ball related last year. He said that he will tell us if he talked about Super or Kai in July 15th. That's the only thing we know. We don't know what channel will air those episodes, or when, but he will possible tell us more information about this in July 15th.

I'm hoping for Super. I'm hungarian and I grew up with the original Dragon Ball Z. Everything Dragon Ball related besides the movies, specials, Kai and Super were dubbed in hungarian. While I like Kai, I woud like to see a hungarian dub of Super a lot more.

What do you think about this? Btw, I want to say hello to every member of this forum. New member here. Nice to meet you all! :wave:
1. If I recall correctly, the only special aired in Hungary was A Hero's Legacy on Animax, it was premiered one week after GT's finale.

2. Enjoy your stay at Kanzenshuu :D.
You're correct, I forgot about that GT special.

Thank you! :)
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 791
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:43 am

Probably Kai since Toei Europe is only now starting to sell episodes from 52 onwards and if he already dubbed 76 it's a safe bet to say that he's talking about Kai.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
Low Tone G
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1708
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Low Tone G » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:09 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Probably Kai since Toei Europe is only now starting to sell episodes from 52 onwards and if he already dubbed 76 it's a safe bet to say that he's talking about Kai.
Another native Hungarian speaker here....
Do we know how many episodes Kai had before it's Majin Buu saga took place?
If the Kai it's which has been dubbed, then this 76 episodes is pure chance being that the Future Trunks Arc's latest episode was right the 76th?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:Probably Kai since Toei Europe is only now starting to sell episodes from 52 onwards and if he already dubbed 76 it's a safe bet to say that he's talking about Kai.
Another native Hungarian speaker here....
Do we know how many episodes Kai had before it's Majin Buu saga took place?
If the Kai it's which has been dubbed, then this 76 episodes is pure chance being that the Future Trunks Arc's latest episode was right the 76th?
Buu Saga starts at episode 99. Goku's hungarian VA said they recorded 76 episodes. Episode 77 is when the Android Saga ends. With Super on the other hand, episode 76 is when the Black saga and its fillers end.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
Low Tone G
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1708
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Low Tone G » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:55 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:Probably Kai since Toei Europe is only now starting to sell episodes from 52 onwards and if he already dubbed 76 it's a safe bet to say that he's talking about Kai.
Another native Hungarian speaker here....
Do we know how many episodes Kai had before it's Majin Buu saga took place?
If the Kai it's which has been dubbed, then this 76 episodes is pure chance being that the Future Trunks Arc's latest episode was right the 76th?
Buu Saga starts at episode 99. Goku's hungarian VA said they recorded 76 episodes. Episode 77 is when the Android Saga ends. With Super on the other hand, episode 76 is when the Black saga and its fillers end.
So both have a chance to turn out to be true, then... We still are no smarter as of now... :roll:
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 791
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Low Tone G wrote: Another native Hungarian speaker here....
Do we know how many episodes Kai had before it's Majin Buu saga took place?
If the Kai it's which has been dubbed, then this 76 episodes is pure chance being that the Future Trunks Arc's latest episode was right the 76th?
Buu Saga starts at episode 99. Goku's hungarian VA said they recorded 76 episodes. Episode 77 is when the Android Saga ends. With Super on the other hand, episode 76 is when the Black saga and its fillers end.
So both have a chance to turn out to be true, then... We still are no smarter as of now... :roll:
Actually there is. Toei's selling batches of 26 episodes, since the last one ended on episode 52 the FT arc on ends on episode 78. 76 is 2 episodes less so it's almost certainly not Super.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:50 pm

I like this thread. Hungarian dub has a very good and consistency cast with good actors and casting choices, but unfortunaly the scripts and acting were based in the french AB Groupe version.

But I think it's amazing to see a new hungarian dub totally based in the japanese version.

User avatar
Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Tian » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:48 am

I wonder who will be cast as Krillin. I know his original voice actor (Zoltan Breyer) died in 2009 and he was replaced in GT (Gábor Garamszegi) but I don't think the dub's crew will use his GT voice actor.

Vegeta is likely to be voiced by Zoltan F. Nagy because his second voice actor, Péter Boszo, apparently hated working in the series, this is probably why Péter wasn't in GT and Zoltan returned to the role.
[Enter a cool signature here]

User avatar
KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by KayDash » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Ah the hungarian dub... :lol:
The VAs were decent, but the script was horrendeous, and were based on the french dub. And I wonder if the french dub were based on the Ocean dub, because it had the heavy censoring of blood, and HELL changed to HFIL, etc.
Well, looking forward to this new dub, and let's hope it turns out a bit better this time. :wink:

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Tian wrote:I wonder who will be cast as Krillin. I know his original voice actor (Zoltan Breyer) died in 2009 and he was replaced in GT (Gábor Garamszegi) but I don't think the dub's crew will use his GT voice actor.

Vegeta is likely to be voiced by Zoltan F. Nagy because his second voice actor, Péter Boszo, apparently hated working in the series, this is probably why Péter wasn't in GT and Zoltan returned to the role.
GT did a good job at getting back most of the original voices. Even the ones that voiced Goten and Pan at the end of Z were brought back. Sadly, they couldn't bring back the voices of Krillin, Elder Kai, Master Roshi, Cell, 17, 18, Dr Gero, Dende and Mr Popo. The first four because they sadly passed away, while the other 5, well, I don't know. I only know about 18. Her voice actor stopped doing voice acting shortly after she voiced 18 in Z. I think they'll find a new VA for Krillin because his VA in GT made him sound too old (which isn't a surprise, Krillin looked almost as old as Roshi in GT).

Vegeta was actually still voiced by Péter Bozsó in GT. A lot of the voice actors hated working on Dragon Ball actually lol. Adult Gohan's VA and Bulma's VA especially. Goku's VA and the lady who voiced kid Gohan and Goten are the only ones that I know who loved working on the series.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Tian » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote: Vegeta was actually still voiced by Péter Bozsó in GT. A lot of the voice actors hated working on Dragon Ball actually lol. Adult Gohan's VA and Bulma's VA especially. Goku's VA and the lady who voiced kid Gohan and Goten are the only ones that I know who loved working on the series.
Wow, and I thought the series was only hated by Péter and the ORTT.

On other hand, is it true that Echo Szinkron dubbed some episodes twice? because TV Tropes states the following:

"A number of Dragon Ball Z episodes have two Hungarian dubs, but unlike most examples here, both were done by the same people, at the same time and based on AB Group's French dub, but only one version was ever released officially. Years after the series' cancellation, fans purchased much of the then-unaired episode dubs, many of which were non-finalized studio recordings that differed from what would have ended up on television. Some had certain lines missing and had bad audio quality, but when the series got re-aired in 2013/2014, it turned out the broadcast versions had their issues as well: episode 223 had some scenes where the French voices were still clearly audible, whereas the studio version didn't have this problem."
[Enter a cool signature here]

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:19 pm

So, after so many months, we FINALLY got news on this! A group of Hungarian Dragon Ball fans called "Dragon Ball Podcast HUN" made a short interview with Goku's Hungarian voice actor (László Lippai). In the interview, László Lippai revealed that they just started working on the Hungarian dub of Dragon Ball Super and they have already finished the first 6 episodes! He didn't reveal when will the show start airing, which channel will air it or how many episodes they will do in total, but he did reveal that Vegeta's previous voice actor (Péter Bozsó) and Gohan's previous actor (Gábor Csőre) will not come back to voice their characters.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Tian » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:00 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:So, after so many months, we FINALLY got news on this! A group of Hungarian Dragon Ball fans called "Dragon Ball Podcast HUN" made a short interview with Goku's Hungarian voice actor (László Lippai). In the interview, László Lippai revealed that they just started working on the Hungarian dub of Dragon Ball Super and they have already finished the first 6 episodes! He didn't reveal when will the show start airing, which channel will air it or how many episodes they will do in total, but he did reveal that Vegeta's previous voice actor (Péter Bozsó) and Gohan's previous actor (Gábor Csőre) will not come back to voice their characters.
1. That's awesome! Can't wait to see who are the new voices.
2. About the channel, I think Viasat 6 is the most likely to air it since it was channel that fully aired Dragon Ball Z before (RTL Klub's run was abruptly stopped by the ORTT). I was thinking about Megamax but I ruled it out after I remembered the channel does not air anime and Super would have to be censored to be aired there...If it were aired by Megamax, we could also get Czech and Romanian dubs since the channel is also in Czech Republic and Romania.
[Enter a cool signature here]

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:17 pm

KayDash wrote:I wonder if the french dub were based on the Ocean dub, because it had the heavy censoring of blood, and HELL changed to HFIL, etc.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. First of all, which French dub are you talking about? French Kai? Ocean is credited in the edited Funi dub of Kai, so people are assuming the Ocean Kai dub will use the same footage. Both Funi's edited and uncut masters of Kai 1-98 are 4:3 (so-called Fullscreen), while France's masters of Kai 1-98 are in 16:9 (TV Widescreen), and the censored French dub of 1-98 that aired on french Nick was edited differently. I'm fairly certain HFIL is not in any version of French Kai. Finally, Ocean Kai is assumed to have its own score, which French Kai obviously doesn't use. Somehow I doubt the Ocean Kai script was finalized by the time French Kai started airing, but even if it wasn't, it seems unlikely, especially since French Kai is available uncut.

The pre-Kai french dubs? Impossible, as they premiered several years before Funi and Ocean did their English dubs, and I'm fairly sure the pre-Kai french dubs never had any visual edits... it just hard cut the stuff deemed objectionable.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Post Reply