Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: Hungarian Dub of Super (or Kai) Confirmed!

Post by Danfun64 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:22 pm

aaaaaaaaand neither of those clips answer my biggest question about this dub: Does it still use the old French based terms for things like Mr. Satan and the Saiyans?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Danfun64 wrote:aaaaaaaaand neither of those clips answer my biggest question about this dub: Does it still use the old French based terms for things like Mr. Satan and the Saiyans?
I don't understand the language but I think I heard Bulma saying Booboo..?
https://youtu.be/eVZFTBAl10Y?t=70

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:05 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Danfun64 wrote:aaaaaaaaand neither of those clips answer my biggest question about this dub: Does it still use the old French based terms for things like Mr. Satan and the Saiyans?
I don't understand the language but I think I heard Bulma saying Booboo..?
https://youtu.be/eVZFTBAl10Y?t=70
Yup. She definitely said BooBoo while talking to Vegeta.
BTW not a big fan of Bulma's and Trunks' voices. Especially Trunks'.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Yes, they kept some things from the French translations. For example, the Dragon Balls are still called "Crystal Balls", Mr. Satan is called "Hercule", Buu is called "Bubu", and Super Saiyans are still called "Star Warriors".

However, Vegeta doesn't call Goku "Goku" anymore like he did in Z. He calls him "Kakarot" like he's supposed to.

The first 2 episodes can be found on the internet online. Gotta say, Vegeta's new voice will be hard for me to get used to. He did a decent job, but he just sounds too young for me. Trunks sounded older than him. Gohan's new voice on the other hand is great, I really liked it. Buu's new voice sounds a lot like his Japanese voice so I liked that too. A lot of people complain about Whis and Beerus, but I thought they sounded great too, especially Beerus. As for the older cast, Bulma, Trunks, ChiChi, Videl and Goten still sound great and exactly like they did in Z and Dragon Ball. Goku and King Kai sounded okay too, but I thought some of their lines were weirdly delivered, especially Goku in the next episode previews. Master Roshi sounds ok, but I highly prefer his Z voice who sadly passed away a couple of years ago.

Overall, I think the dub is fine so far. Can't wait to hear the other characters.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:12 pm

Sorry for double posting.

Watched episode 3. Beerus' voice is growing more and more on me. On the other hand, not a fan of Old Kai's and Krillin's new voice. They both sound very annoying. 18 sounds ok. Speaking of 18, she and Krillin sound like a very young couple here. Those who never watched Z would think they're younger than Videl and Gohan, that's how young they sound. Oolong's new voice is ok. Looks like they call him by his actual name now. In DB and Z they called him "Dolong" for some reason. Puar on the other hand is still called "Macsek". I don't have much else to say. Can't wait to hear the pilaf gang tomorrow!
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:36 am

Does anyone know whether this is true or not? Because it would be shame if Lajos Cs. Nemeth was replaced. His Freeza sounded good to me :thumbup:

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:10 am

Tian wrote:Image
Does anyone know whether this is true or not? Because it would be shame if Lajos Cs. Nemeth was replaced. His Freeza sounded good to me :thumbup:
It's true. Sadly, Lajos Cs. Nemeth was replaced. :/

Also, Champa and Vados' voices are terrible in my opinion! Champa sounds too old and serious, and doesn't sound like a goofball at all. Vados sounds way too much like a teenage girl.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:36 pm

Sorry for double posting.

Here's László Lippai (Goku's hungarian voice actor) doing Goku Black's voice. The episode will officially premiere tomorrow in Hungary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hJe-Wy2fDw
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:11 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:Sorry for double posting.

Here's László Lippai (Goku's hungarian voice actor) doing Goku Black's voice. The episode will officially premiere tomorrow in Hungary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hJe-Wy2fDw
I too have my issues with the dub, like everyone, but there are some really good VAs, who can feel the characters, like:
1. Mai's
2. Pilaf
3. Chi-chi
4. Goten
5. Goku Black
6. Piccolo
7. Whis
8. Beerus
9. Shuu
10. Zeno
11. Old Kai
12. Champa
13. Oolong
14. Vegeta
15. Krillin

This is not the particular order, but the first 5 are good performers.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Wait a minute...is Chichi's VA getting replaced? I say this because SzinkronVideók uploaded a video showing a casting for Chichi.
https://youtu.be/bsBkW81msT8

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:36 am

Tian wrote:Wait a minute...is Chichi's VA getting replaced? I say this because SzinkronVideók uploaded a video showing a casting for Chichi.
https://youtu.be/bsBkW81msT8
Yes. Don't know if it's permanent though. According to the video description, ChiChi's VA got sick and had to get replaced.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:41 am

Sorry again for double posting.

Here's Zamasu's hungarian voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGpQTON1Y4c
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:30 pm

How far is the Hungarian dub? Going to guess at least 53 because of Zamasu’s voice being revealed.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:How far is the Hungarian dub? Going to guess at least 53 because of Zamasu’s voice being revealed.
At the time you made this comment it was at 54. Now it's at 57. Episode 58 will premiere in some hours.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.