Super is so unpredictable

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

Super is so unpredictable

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:29 am

Maybe because they introduced so many new characters...Hmm the question is who will be the next villain`?? or there are more villains??

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Super is so unpredictable

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:39 am

It can be unpredictable like Zen-chan nuking future timeline. Of course there are other things that are pretty predictable like Vegeta jobbing that's pretty much become a series staple.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:32 am

Dragonball in itself is unpredictable, when it's done right..
Super being no exception to that rule
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:34 am

FT ending was unpredictable, since it never happened in DB before. ToP, the opening kinda predicts what will happen. Plus Goku will use the super dragon balls to restore all universes, or Zenos will change their mind.

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:55 pm

buutenks wrote:FT ending was unpredictable, since it never happened in DB before. ToP, the opening kinda predicts what will happen. Plus Goku will use the super dragon balls to restore all universes, or Zenos will change their mind.
If goku does that he could trigger the zenos and they could easily destroy all the super dragon balls and loser universes again, if Zeno decided to do that and destroy all universes, then he would just have to destroy them again.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Actually it's very predictable. We haven't got out of that 10 year span yet, and we all know everyone is present during that last tournament where Uub shows up.

It's also very predictable in the sense that we know there's going to be no permanent deaths because death has insurance.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:53 pm

omaro34 wrote:Actually it's very predictable. We haven't got out of that 10 year span yet, and we all know everyone is present during that last tournament where Uub shows up.
It's also very predictable in the sense that we know there's going to be no permanent deaths because death has insurance.
That's really a convenient way to put it but nah it's unpredictable. Only because we are stuck in this timeframe doesn't mean everything is predictable.

Goku giving up against Hit, Hit letting Monaka win with one punch, FT Bulma's death, two Zenos and FT Trunks arc ending were unpredictable.

Goku losing twice against Beerus in BOG and Freeza killing Vegeta in ROF were unpredictable too, and even though both happened in the Movies version first they still count.
May as well add Ginyu's return and Piccolo's death in ROF arc since no one saw these coming too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:15 am

If Goku wins the Super DBs and wishes for an undoing of all the deaths and universal erasures in the Tournament of Power then yeah, I'll say it's predictable.

But if it's someone else that gets the wishes, if some universes will be permanently gone after all - then I'll say it's unpredictable. Even though I'm predicting it right now, lol

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:14 am

buutenks wrote:FT ending was unpredictable, since it never happened in DB before. ToP, the opening kinda predicts what will happen. Plus Goku will use the super dragon balls to restore all universes, or Zenos will change their mind.
goku will not use the super dragon balls to restore the universes. it's not his place to decide whether the universes should be or not. it simply doesn't make any sense. the best compromise (as i've stated in one of my previous threads) is for goku to use the super dragon balls to wish all life from other universes into universe 7 (and 6 if the twin universe survives too) before they are destroyed, or wishing them back to life to transfer universes. it makes more sense to transfer them before they are erased though.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Kastex wrote:
goku will not use the super dragon balls to restore the universes. it's not his place to decide whether the universes should be or not. it simply doesn't make any sense. the best compromise (as i've stated in one of my previous threads) is for goku to use the super dragon balls to wish all life from other universes into universe 7 (and 6 if the twin universe survives too) before they are destroyed, or wishing them back to life to transfer universes. it makes more sense to transfer them before they are erased though.
You could even justify it from Goku's character by, say, having him want to keep the others Universes and/or the life in them so that there'll always be strong fighters around, and that Zen'oh can hold tournaments whenever he wants if they're kept around.

Heck, if this angle is taken, that'd easily open up the door for stories post-EoZ, since then you'd have other Universes and their Ningen for our cast to interact and have adventures with, even use Uub as a character for a second Tournament of Power.

Now THAT would be unpredictable!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:32 am

Every show is unpredictable in terms of random events happening. I dont find Super to be very unpredictable aside from the FT Arc ending. For example everyone knew Zamasu was Goku Black from the start. Those of us who didnt simply felt it was too lazy even though there were signs...so no surprise there.

Its no more or less predictable than any show IMO.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Yet another renegade Kaioshin or Hakaishin would be stale after having gone through Zamasu's genocidal schemes. But then how much further can you go than the collective powers of the 12 universes? The only options from here would involve the multiversal authorities themselves like Daishinkan, Zeno's guards, or even Zeno himself. I suppose there's also the Zarama card which has yet to be played should the writers choose to go down that avenue. Lastly, you do have the multiversal timelines all converging together to make the chaos of this tournament look like a tame picnic by comparison. Some of us would enjoy the insight into the other unseen timelines created back during the Cell arc and recently by Zamasu.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:33 pm

My sneaking suspicion is that Goku arranged for Zeno to tell everyone he would destroy their universes in order to make sure they fight at their very best. Zeno would see this as a more interesting fight and Goku would get the best fight out of the strongest fighters in the universe. Which would explain his lax attitude about it all.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:47 pm

bleed0range wrote:My sneaking suspicion is that Goku arranged for Zeno to tell everyone he would destroy their universes in order to make sure they fight at their very best. Zeno would see this as a more interesting fight and Goku would get the best fight out of the strongest fighters in the universe. Which would explain his lax attitude about it all.
Would he revive freeza for that though...
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:55 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:For example everyone knew Zamasu was Goku Black from the start. Those of us who didnt simply felt it was too lazy even though there were signs...so no surprise there.
Where are the people that thought Goku Black was Goten from another timeline, FT Goku corrupted, or Kakarrot that never hit his head, now?
If the answer was obvious there wouldn't be so many theories flying around back then. It's easy to act like Sherlock Holmes when they already gave you the answer, but what you said is false.

Zamasu was only revealed 5 episodes after Goku Black debut. 4 episodes later FT Zamasu appeared next to Goku Black which drove the fanbase insane. There were even people thinking he could be Gowasu or Universe 10 God of Destruction. The theories lasted for months.

As far as mystery goes when it comes to this franchise, nothing comes close to the mystery that was Goku Black's identity.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:59 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:For example everyone knew Zamasu was Goku Black from the start. Those of us who didnt simply felt it was too lazy even though there were signs...so no surprise there.
Where are the people that thought Goku Black was Goten from another timeline, FT Goku corrupted, or Kakarrot that never hit his head, now?
If the answer was obvious there wouldn't be so many theories flying around back then. It's easy to act like Sherlock Holmes when they already gave you the answer, but what you said is false.

Zamasu was only revealed 5 episodes after Goku Black debut. 4 episodes later FT Zamasu appeared next to Goku Black which drove the fanbase insane. There were even people thinking it could be Gowasu or Universe 10 God of Destruction. The theories lasted for months.

When it comes to this franchise and as far as mystery goes, nothing comes close to the mystery that was Goku Black's identity.
Not to mention that after Beerus killed Zamasu in the main timeline, it threw us for a loop AGAIN.

Honestly, though, Super was unpredictable in that it majorly developed Zamasu, and in turn Goku Black, throughout the arc, and made their stories interesting and thought-provoking. Even though some people didn't like Merged Zamasu's portrayal, I thought it was quite intriguing to see him breaking down, physically and mentally, as things just kept not going his way after developing into the villain(s) he was. A sort of ultimate conclusion to the character's arc.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:09 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Not to mention that after Beerus killed Zamasu in the main timeline, it threw us for a loop AGAIN.

Honestly, though, Super was unpredictable in that it majorly developed Zamasu, and in turn Goku Black, throughout the arc, and made their stories interesting and thought-provoking. Even though some people didn't like Merged Zamasu's portrayal, I thought it was quite intriguing to see him breaking down, physically and mentally, as things just kept not going his way after developing into the villain(s) he was. A sort of ultimate conclusion to the character's arc.
When you introduce a villain in this franchise that has valid motives to do what he does and makes you think he's right is some aspects you know you won.
That alone makes Zamasu stand out from the other villains we had in a good way. I even questioned myself if I was watching Dragon Ball a couple of times, because I'm not used to those good villains here. Most of the time it's the cliché "I don't have a valid reason to do the evil things I do. I'm evil because I want." :lol:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:13 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:When you introduce a villain in this franchise that has valid motives to do what he does and makes you think he's right is some aspects you know you won.
That alone makes Zamasu stand out from the other villains we had in a good way. I even questioned myself if I was watching Dragon Ball a couple of times, because I'm not used to those good villains here. :lol: Most the time it's the cliché "I don't have a valid reason. I'm evil because I want."
That's another thing. The anime has portrayed Freeza's second return surprisingly well, taking advantage of his unrepentant evil to form great moments of character chemistry between him and Goku.

Freeza isn't JUST a mustachioed villain, he's a mustache-twirling villain that knows all too well he's irredeemable, and plays off of his current situation incredibly well.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:30 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:

Zamasu was only revealed 5 episodes after Goku Black debut. 4 episodes later FT Zamasu appeared next to Goku Black which drove the fanbase insane. There were even people thinking he could be Gowasu or Universe 10 God of Destruction. The theories lasted for months.

As far as mystery goes when it comes to this franchise, nothing comes close to the mystery that was Goku Black's identity.
All those people were being made fun of then because it was so obvious. Especially after a couple episodes.

People guessed it very early on. Yes if people ignored logic it was shocking.

I personally held out hope it wasnt because i hate Zamasu...but it was obvious
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"