Damn is Chris Ayres good.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

NitroEX
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Re: Damn is Chris Ayres good.

Post by NitroEX » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:35 am

He quickly grew to be my favourite performer in the Kai dub and was one of the few engaging performance in the RoF movie. He's on a whole other level compared to most of that cast and it's shocking to think we wouldn't have even heard him if Linda Young could read the script like Sabat wanted.

It's a pity to see him go as I don't think anyone can play the role as good or better than he can but his health is far more important than Dragon Ball Super and his legacy has already been firmly cemented.

Dylanrockin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dylanrockin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:32 am

Despite Ayres' condition, the Resurrection F arc of the english dub was most likely pre-recorded, long before the upcoming episodes even air. And even if they didn't there is only a handful left for Ayres to have to work on until (at least) another year goes by when the Universal Survival Tournament arc begins, which isn't for a very, VERY long time.

My regards go to the best Frieza we've had for the English dub, since ever. Here's hoping to him having the best of luck in the future and hoping that he can get a lung transplant soon.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 am

Ayers is tremendous and one of the few English voices that can even hold a candle to the original Japanese cast. And considering I'm comparing him to Ryusei Nakao...that is DAMN high praise.

COPD is a nasty disease. My father had it and it was pretty much a death sentence for him....fortunately, he got himself into shape and they were able to find a donor for a double lung transplant.

It was a loooong recovery, but it really was a second lease on life for him. He hasn't been this healthy and active in decades.

Hoping for the best for Chris.

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Chris Ayres is the sole reason I bought and still watch the RoF movie and is the sole reason I have any interest in the Super version of RoF. I'll be devestated if he has to leave the role but mostly I hope he gets better.