So how was the concept with 18 universes?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

So how was the concept with 18 universes?

Post by Kishido » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:13 pm

What do you think? The 13 stuff wouldn't make sense in the past...

But what if the order was different to still fit the twin universes... Like this concept posted by a poster of reddit

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Or maybe you think they have been triplets int he past... meaning we had another saiyan filled universe

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: So how was the concept with 18 universes?

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:28 pm

I'd imagine it would have been like triplets. Although we can't say for sure. The whole multiverse thing is an absurd idea to begin with, I'm glad we are getting rid of 7 universes.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:37 pm

The universe numbers were just reorganized to make sense after the other Universes were destroyed.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Twin universes added up to 19 instead; remaining universes were renamed. That's the simplest solution.
I've written a more in-depth post about this before, but basically, it's mathematically impossible to add six groups of three numbers between 1 and 18 together (using each number only once) and get the same sum every time (1+2+...+17+18 = 171; 171/6 = not an integer), so the "magic" is ruined, and it would be extremely strange if they only came up with the same sum concept after the deletion.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Alruneia wrote:Twin universes added up to 19 instead; remaining universes were renamed. That's the simplest solution.
I've written a more in-depth post about this before, but basically, it's mathematically impossible to add six groups of three numbers between 1 and 18 together (using each number only once) and get the same sum every time (1+2+...+17+18 = 171; 171/6 = not an integer), so the "magic" is ruined, and it would be extremely strange if they only came up with the same sum concept after the deletion.
I actually just assume the way Whis explains it is just an easy after the fact coincidence.

What I mean is that the twin universes numbers were never intended to add to a specific number but when some were erased it became a convenient way to explain things.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:17 pm

18 universes may be too much IMO.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.