Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:13 am

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:18 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Such a shame the Universe 3 now joins Universe 10 with the dubious honour of not eliminating a single fighter in the tournament.
Can Android 18 count? It was because of Anizara that caused 18 to sacrifice herself for her brother.

There is no reason it shouldn't count for U3. It's the Guru effect. Actions of Aniraza led to it. One if the 2 were for sure getting eliminated. 18 eliminating herself is due to Aniraza's hit to 17. It should count lol.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:20 pm

shadowmaria wrote:55. #18 (Universe 7) (6) eliminated herself to save #17 from being eliminated by Aniraza
56. Aniraza (Universe 3) (0) was eliminated by Goku (Universe 7) (11) with a casual kick off the arena, Vegeta (Universe 7) (10), Frieza (Universe 7) (5), and Gohan (Universe 7) (5) with a combined four-person energy blast. As Aniraza was a single entity that was eliminated at once, this only counts as one elimination for Universe 7, despite the de-fused form being made up of four characters. The same occurred with Kefla.

Competitor Ranking (based on number of eliminations):
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 11 competitors
2. Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 10 competitors
3. #18 (Universe 7) eliminated 6 competitors
4. Kale (Universe 6) eliminated 5 competitors, and Piccolo (Universe 7) eliminated 5 competitors, Gohan (Universe 7) has eliminated 5 competitors, and Frieza (Universe 7) has eliminated 5 competitors

Universe Ranking (based on number of eliminations):

1. Universe 7
2. Universe 6
3. Universe 2
4. Universe 11 and Universe 4
5. Universe 9
6.
7. Universe 3 and Universe 10

Competitors Who Eliminated Themselves: Roselle (Universe 9) (0), Caway (Universe 4) (0), Master Roshi (Universe 7) (4) and #18 (Universe 7) (6)

25. 24 DEC 2017 - Episode 121 - All-Out War! The Ultimate 4-Way Combination vs Universe 7's Total Offensive!!: 2

Tournament of Power Competitors Eliminated: 72/80

Only 8 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

Order In Which Each Universe Is Erased:

1st Universe Erased: Universe 9, eliminated by Universe 7
2nd Universe Erased: Universe 10, eliminated by Universe 7
3rd Universe Erased: Universe 2, eliminated by Universe 7
4th Universe Erased: Universe 6, eliminated by Universe 7
5th Universe Erased: Universe 4, eliminated by Universe 7
6th Universe Erased: Universe 3, eliminated by Universe 7
So, everyone on team Universe 7 gets a point for eliminating Aniraza.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20699
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:22 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Such a shame the Universe 3 now joins Universe 10 with the dubious honour of not eliminating a single fighter in the tournament.
Can Android 18 count? It was because of Anizara that caused 18 to sacrifice herself for her brother.

There is no reason it shouldn't count for U3. It's the Guru effect. Actions of Aniraza led to it. One if the 2 were for sure getting eliminated. 18 eliminating herself is due to Aniraza's hit to 17. It should count lol.
I think the jury will be up on that one.

User avatar
Zeno's button
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by Zeno's button » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:24 am

shadowmaria wrote:Number of Eliminations by Episode:
18. 05 NOV 2017 - Episode 114 - Intimidating Passion! Birth of the New Super Warrior!!: 0
19. 12 NOV 2017 - Episode 115 - Goku vs Kefla! Super Saiyan Blue Defeated!!: 0
20. 19 NOV 2017 - Episode 116 - The Sign of a Comeback! Ultra Instinct's Huge Explosion!!: 2
21. 26 NOV 2017 - Episode 117 - Showdown of Live! Androids VS Universe 2!!: 2
22. 03 DEC 2017 - Episode 118 - Accelerating Tragedy! Vanishing Universes!!: 5
23. 10 DEC 2017 - Episode 119 - Unavoidable?! The Fury of a Stress Attack!!: 5
24. 17 DEC 2017 - Episode 120 - A Perfect Survival Strategy! Universe 3's Menacing Assassins!!: 1
25. 24 DEC 2017 - Episode 121 - All-Out War! The Ultimate 4-Way Combination vs Universe 7's Total Offensive!!: 5
26. 07 JAN 2018 - Episode 122 - Staking His Pride! Vegeta Challenges the Strongest!!:
I think that just like in Kefla's case we should count Aniraza's elimination as one point for universe 7 but as 4 competitors eliminated for universe 3.

User avatar
shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:06 am

Zeno's button wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Number of Eliminations by Episode:
20. 19 NOV 2017 - Episode 116 - The Sign of a Comeback! Ultra Instinct's Huge Explosion!!: 2
25. 24 DEC 2017 - Episode 121 - All-Out War! The Ultimate 4-Way Combination vs Universe 7's Total Offensive!!: 5
I think that just like in Kefla's case we should count Aniraza's elimination as one point for universe 7 but as 4 competitors eliminated for universe 3.
Absolutely, and it has been treated the same way as Kefla’s elimination, as you can see by the rules;


3. Multi-Elimination: This video shows us a perfect example of multiple characters gaining multiple elimination points, or a combination thereof. In the aforementioned example, Goku and Vegeta both eliminate the Trio de Dangers, and therefore Goku gains 3 Elimination Points, and Vegeta gains 3 Elimination Points. In the case where Master Roshi and Tien Shinhan both eliminated The Preecho with a combination of Lightning Flash Surprise Attack and Neo Tri-Beam, both competitors gained 1 Elimination Point Each. This video shows Vegeta eliminating Prum and Dr Rota, so Vegeta gains 2 Elimination Points.

User avatar
Zeno's button
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by Zeno's button » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:11 am

shadowmaria wrote:
Zeno's button wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Number of Eliminations by Episode:
20. 19 NOV 2017 - Episode 116 - The Sign of a Comeback! Ultra Instinct's Huge Explosion!!: 2
25. 24 DEC 2017 - Episode 121 - All-Out War! The Ultimate 4-Way Combination vs Universe 7's Total Offensive!!: 5
I think that just like in Kefla's case we should count Aniraza's elimination as one point for universe 7 but as 4 competitors eliminated for universe 3.
Absolutely, and it has been treated the same way as Kefla’s elimination, as you can see by the rules;


3. Multi-Elimination: This video shows us a perfect example of multiple characters gaining multiple elimination points, or a combination thereof. In the aforementioned example, Goku and Vegeta both eliminate the Trio de Dangers, and therefore Goku gains 3 Elimination Points, and Vegeta gains 3 Elimination Points. In the case where Master Roshi and Tien Shinhan both eliminated The Preecho with a combination of Lightning Flash Surprise Attack and Neo Tri-Beam, both competitors gained 1 Elimination Point Each. This video shows Vegeta eliminating Prum and Dr Rota, so Vegeta gains 2 Elimination Points.
Yeah, but I was saying that in your original post it appears as if only two people were eliminated last episode while it was actually 5. :)

User avatar
shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:13 am

Zeno's button wrote:Yeah, but I was saying that in your original post it appears as if only two people were eliminated last episode while it was actually 5. :)
…………………………you're right.

Apologies for the confusion. Christmas, you rush things, you know how it is.

All fixed

User avatar
The_Destroyer
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:29 pm

Aww, you're not going to give Aniraza the point for 18?

User avatar
shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:15 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:Aww, you're not going to give Aniraza the point for 18?
Aniraza didn't #18, #18 eliminated herself.

She clearly runs and knocks #17 back into the arena, and clearly eliminates herself in doing so.

Now, if Aniraza had eliminated #17, then he would have gotten an elimination for eliminating #17.

User avatar
The_Destroyer
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by The_Destroyer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:19 am

shadowmaria wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:Aww, you're not going to give Aniraza the point for 18?
Aniraza didn't #18, #18 eliminated herself.

She clearly runs and knocks #17 back into the arena, and clearly eliminates herself in doing so.

Now, if Aniraza had eliminated #17, then he would have gotten an elimination for eliminating #17.
But she wouldn't have jumped off if it wasnt for Aniraza's attack

User avatar
irreality
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by irreality » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:51 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Aniraza didn't #18, #18 eliminated herself.

She clearly runs and knocks #17 back into the arena, and clearly eliminates herself in doing so.

Now, if Aniraza had eliminated #17, then he would have gotten an elimination for eliminating #17.
But she wouldn't have jumped off if it wasnt for Aniraza's attack
Can't you say the same thing about Roshi? He would not have jumped off if he weren't so hurt. Or Roselle, who would not have jumped off if not scared of Freeza.

User avatar
The_Destroyer
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by The_Destroyer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:31 am

irreality wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Aniraza didn't #18, #18 eliminated herself.

She clearly runs and knocks #17 back into the arena, and clearly eliminates herself in doing so.

Now, if Aniraza had eliminated #17, then he would have gotten an elimination for eliminating #17.
But she wouldn't have jumped off if it wasnt for Aniraza's attack
Can't you say the same thing about Roshi? He would not have jumped off if he weren't so hurt. Or Roselle, who would not have jumped off if not scared of Freeza.
For Roshi, who do we give it to? Frost or Ganos, both are the reasons for his tiredness. Roselle and Caway seem more direct. They jumped off due to threats from Roshi and Frieza.

User avatar
alakazam^
I Live Here
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:55 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:08 am

C'mon now... No one put her physically there except herself.

User avatar
shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:20 pm

alakazam^ wrote:C'mon now... No one put her physically there except herself.
Exactly!

Just like Roshi fell off of his own will, meanwhile Roselle and Caway both clearly made the decisions to abandon the Tournament of their own volition, out of fear or otherwise.

#18 made the decision to throw herself off the arena to save #17. Aniraza did not eliminate #18

Universe 3 went out with the exact same amount of eliminations as Universe 10. These are facts as represented within the series, I just record them.

Having said that, I'm sure these discussions will continue far into the future as the manga looks to tell it's own version of these events in 2018 onwards.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Almost all the characters in the intro are dead now thanks to U7. That's pretty horrible to think about. :cry:

User avatar
gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by gofishus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Am I the only one disappointed that the remaining U7 fighters are very very predictably the most strongest fighters? I mean for a while the ending theory was valid and it seemed like Vegeta would be an early out and Master Roshi surprisingly lasting until the end. Nope - the fighters got eliminated pretty much in the order that we expected, from weakest to strongest... so much for mental strategy supposedly > physical brute force. As it turns out the strongest opponents are the ones that last the longest see: Jiren. If Hit lasted longer that would have been nice.

User avatar
The_Destroyer
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by The_Destroyer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:03 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:C'mon now... No one put her physically there except herself.
Exactly!

Just like Roshi fell off of his own will, meanwhile Roselle and Caway both clearly made the decisions to abandon the Tournament of their own volition, out of fear or otherwise.

#18 made the decision to throw herself off the arena to save #17. Aniraza did not eliminate #18

Universe 3 went out with the exact same amount of eliminations as Universe 10. These are facts as represented within the series, I just record them.

Having said that, I'm sure these discussions will continue far into the future as the manga looks to tell it's own version of these events in 2018 onwards.
Because Aniraza throw 17 out. Had he not thrown him out, 18 wouldnt have jumped out. It's Aniraza's fault that 18 jumped, therefore its his elimination.

User avatar
shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:43 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:C'mon now... No one put her physically there except herself.
Exactly!

Just like Roshi fell off of his own will, meanwhile Roselle and Caway both clearly made the decisions to abandon the Tournament of their own volition, out of fear or otherwise.

#18 made the decision to throw herself off the arena to save #17. Aniraza did not eliminate #18

Universe 3 went out with the exact same amount of eliminations as Universe 10. These are facts as represented within the series, I just record them.

Having said that, I'm sure these discussions will continue far into the future as the manga looks to tell it's own version of these events in 2018 onwards.
Because Aniraza throw 17 out. Had he not thrown him out, 18 wouldnt have jumped out. It's Aniraza's fault that 18 jumped, therefore its his elimination.
Tournament of Power Elimination Rules:

[spoiler]A Breakdown of the Rules is As Follows:

I've put this segment together as folks seem to be having difficulty determining what is and isn't counted as an elimination for certain characters.

Why does Goku have the elimination when Nink threw himself off the stage :think:

Why does Frieza only have one elimination and not two? :problem:

Why doesn't Krillin have three eliminations?! :evil:

I'm hoping this tag clarifies those questions for you. As more eliminations take place and more confusion is raised, more rules will be outlined below;

1. Standard Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a standard single elimination. In this video, we see Basil eliminate Lilibeu. Basil gets 1 Elimination Point
2. A Character Uses An Energy Increase To Gain An Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a character gaining an elimination because of the shockwave caused by powering up. For example, Goku powers up to Super Saiyan Blue, breaking the hold Nink has him in and forcing Nink off the stage. Goku gets 1 Elimination Point.
3. Multi-Elimination: This video shows us a perfect example of multiple characters gaining multiple elimination points, or a combination thereof. In the aforementioned example, Goku and Vegeta both eliminate the Trio de Dangers, and therefore Goku gains 3 Elimination Points, and Vegeta gains 3 Elimination Points. In the case where Master Roshi and Tien Shinhan both eliminated The Preecho with a combination of Lightning Flash Surprise Attack and Neo Tri-Beam, both competitors gained 1 Elimination Point Each. This video shows Vegeta eliminating Prum and Dr Rota, so Vegeta gains 2 Elimination Points.
4. Self-Elimination: This video (from 45 seconds in) shows us Roselle eliminating himself following torture and elimination from Frieza. As Roselle makes the decision to run off the battle stage and Frieza does not push or knock or hit or blast him off, Frieza does not gain an Elimination Point because he did not physically knock Roselle off the fighting stage
5. Assisted Elimination: This video is an excellent example of an assisted elimination. As you can see, despite two competitors working in tandem to eliminate Shosa, #18 is the competitor that makes the final blow that finally eliminates him. Therefore #18 gains 1 Elimination Point, and Krillin does not.
6. Double Elimination: This video shows us Hermila first eliminating a Tien Shinhan multi-form (25% of Tien Shinhan's being), followed by the tri-clops himself grabbing Hermila and eliminating Hermila, in tandem with Hermila eliminating Tien Shinhan. As both characters eliminated each other almost simultaneously, both characters get 1 Elimination Point.
7. A Fused Character Gains An Elimination or is Eliminated: As two or more characters fusing creates a new character with their own techniques, identity, name, and characterisation, and as Toei Animation themselves will note that the fused character would be the one to make the elimination in official works; the fused character would gain their own Elimination Point, for the Universe that they originate from. Conversely, if a fused character is eliminated, then the eliminator will only gain one Elimination Point.[/spoiler]

User avatar
shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:47 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Almost all the characters in the intro are dead now thanks to U7. That's pretty horrible to think about. :cry:
Only for another couple of months. DBS' Edo Tensei equivalent incoming, and you know it :roll: :lol:
gofishus wrote:Am I the only one disappointed that the remaining U7 fighters are very very predictably the most strongest fighters? I mean for a while the ending theory was valid and it seemed like Vegeta would be an early out and Master Roshi surprisingly lasting until the end. Nope - the fighters got eliminated pretty much in the order that we expected, from weakest to strongest... so much for mental strategy supposedly > physical brute force. As it turns out the strongest opponents are the ones that last the longest see: Jiren. If Hit lasted longer that would have been nice.
Aye, I agree. Sadly, the tournament has been predictable in that respect. Even Universe 11 decimating Universe 7 and winning the Tournament of Power is as predictable as Universe 7 winning. Honestly the only thing left in the Tournament I want to happen aside from Frieza's time running out is Gogeta gdi

User avatar
The_Destroyer
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by The_Destroyer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:54 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Exactly!

Just like Roshi fell off of his own will, meanwhile Roselle and Caway both clearly made the decisions to abandon the Tournament of their own volition, out of fear or otherwise.

#18 made the decision to throw herself off the arena to save #17. Aniraza did not eliminate #18

Universe 3 went out with the exact same amount of eliminations as Universe 10. These are facts as represented within the series, I just record them.

Having said that, I'm sure these discussions will continue far into the future as the manga looks to tell it's own version of these events in 2018 onwards.
Because Aniraza throw 17 out. Had he not thrown him out, 18 wouldnt have jumped out. It's Aniraza's fault that 18 jumped, therefore its his elimination.
Tournament of Power Elimination Rules:

[spoiler]A Breakdown of the Rules is As Follows:

I've put this segment together as folks seem to be having difficulty determining what is and isn't counted as an elimination for certain characters.

Why does Goku have the elimination when Nink threw himself off the stage :think:

Why does Frieza only have one elimination and not two? :problem:

Why doesn't Krillin have three eliminations?! :evil:

I'm hoping this tag clarifies those questions for you. As more eliminations take place and more confusion is raised, more rules will be outlined below;

1. Standard Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a standard single elimination. In this video, we see Basil eliminate Lilibeu. Basil gets 1 Elimination Point
2. A Character Uses An Energy Increase To Gain An Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a character gaining an elimination because of the shockwave caused by powering up. For example, Goku powers up to Super Saiyan Blue, breaking the hold Nink has him in and forcing Nink off the stage. Goku gets 1 Elimination Point.
3. Multi-Elimination: This video shows us a perfect example of multiple characters gaining multiple elimination points, or a combination thereof. In the aforementioned example, Goku and Vegeta both eliminate the Trio de Dangers, and therefore Goku gains 3 Elimination Points, and Vegeta gains 3 Elimination Points. In the case where Master Roshi and Tien Shinhan both eliminated The Preecho with a combination of Lightning Flash Surprise Attack and Neo Tri-Beam, both competitors gained 1 Elimination Point Each. This video shows Vegeta eliminating Prum and Dr Rota, so Vegeta gains 2 Elimination Points.
4. Self-Elimination: This video (from 45 seconds in) shows us Roselle eliminating himself following torture and elimination from Frieza. As Roselle makes the decision to run off the battle stage and Frieza does not push or knock or hit or blast him off, Frieza does not gain an Elimination Point because he did not physically knock Roselle off the fighting stage
5. Assisted Elimination: This video is an excellent example of an assisted elimination. As you can see, despite two competitors working in tandem to eliminate Shosa, #18 is the competitor that makes the final blow that finally eliminates him. Therefore #18 gains 1 Elimination Point, and Krillin does not.
6. Double Elimination: This video shows us Hermila first eliminating a Tien Shinhan multi-form (25% of Tien Shinhan's being), followed by the tri-clops himself grabbing Hermila and eliminating Hermila, in tandem with Hermila eliminating Tien Shinhan. As both characters eliminated each other almost simultaneously, both characters get 1 Elimination Point.
7. A Fused Character Gains An Elimination or is Eliminated: As two or more characters fusing creates a new character with their own techniques, identity, name, and characterisation, and as Toei Animation themselves will note that the fused character would be the one to make the elimination in official works; the fused character would gain their own Elimination Point, for the Universe that they originate from. Conversely, if a fused character is eliminated, then the eliminator will only gain one Elimination Point.[/spoiler]
Okay whatever. Your thread, your rules, I guess.

Post Reply