Frieza vs. ??? as the last tournament battle?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Frieza vs. ??? as the last tournament battle?

Post by mecha3000 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:21 pm

Can you imagine how interesting it'd be if the tournament of power ended with Frieza being the last remaining U7 fighter against another fighter that took out everyone else before them? Like maybe Frieza vs. Kale. I could see this being pretty epic. Still, I think I'd prefer someone who isn't from U6 to be Frieza's opponent so the battle would be more suspenseful. Besides, we've had Goku vs. Hit as the U6 vs. U7 fight already. I still think it'd be cool to see Frieza as U7's only hope left because I can just imagine Beerus yelling, "FRIEZA, IT'S ALL ON YOU!!! DON'T LOSE THIS FIGHT!!!" It would just be an interesting subversion from our expectations of the main heroes (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan) being the big final deciding battle. Thoughts? Who would you want to end this thing?

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Re: Frieza vs. ??? as the last tournament battle?

Post by TysonWine » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:32 pm

I wouldn't mind, because I'd wanna see what Frieza's wish would be.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:01 pm

TysonWine wrote:I wouldn't mind, because I'd wanna see what Frieza's wish would be.
Freeza possibly winning wouldn't guarantee him a wish though if he wasn't the MVP of the ToP.

With that said, I'd be perfectly fine with Freeza being in ththe final fight. I'd be fine with anyone being in the final fight. I do have a feeling though that Goku will play a role in the final fight regardless though. Whether that's him fighting Niren on his own or in a team or him being on the arena as support idk.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Dragon Ball is surprisingly unpredictable.

Right now I'm sure most would expect it to come down to Goku vs Jiren. Don't be surprised if that doesn't happen. It could well be Gohan vs Jiren.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:59 am

Bullza wrote:Dragon Ball is surprisingly unpredictable.

Right now I'm sure most would expect it to come down to Goku vs Jiren. Don't be surprised if that doesn't happen. It could well be Gohan vs Jiren.
It certainly won't be Gohan vs Jiren,Roshi vs Jirren is more likely imao.
Goku unlocks new form but still fails to defeat Jirren,then Roshi rises from the rumble and uses Mafuba on the tired Jirren and wins.
That sounds something like Toriyama would do.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:32 am

It all depends on how they handle the tournament..if it turns darker and somehow killing is allowed later on I can see Freeza being around until the end.

At some point Freeza will make his move against Goku; but before that they will show us them working together, maybe Goku starts losing against Jiren and Freeza comes in to help. Or like the ending that might be Gohan instead. Nobody knows.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:28 am

I don't see it coming down to Frieza vs ???, but I could see Frieza hiding in the arena behind the shadows or something to be the last one standing.

Which would be crazy seeing as how he could become a multi universe threat as opposed to just U7.

Frieza + Super Dragon Balls = Disaster
How i predict the tournament will end:

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:40 am

There is only way this can happen, Jiren takes out Goku and Freeza becomes mad because if the Universe 7 is destroyed he will not be able to kill Goku and Vegeta personally, he then fights Jiren to save the Universe 7 from being destroyed and then getting his revenge against Goku and Vegeta, while managing to save everybody he will do it because of his personal and evil goals

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:56 am

No love for frost?
Frost and freeza team up gotta lead to something
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:07 am

Ki Breaker wrote:

No love for frost?
They'll probably team up and Frieza will backstab Frost or something. No way will two people like that work together for long.

It'd be kind of interesting if they worked together for a bit and then Frost suggests teaming up to take out Goku with a surprise attack and Frieza agrees to go along with it but just before Frost pulls off the attack Frieza turns on Frost instead of Goku.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:08 am

Bullza wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

No love for frost?
They'll probably team up and Frieza will backstab Frost or something. No way will two people like that work together for long.

It'd be kind of interesting if they worked together for a bit and then Frost suggests teaming up to take out Goku with a surprise attack and Frieza agrees to go along with it but just before Frost pulls off the attack Frieza turns on Frost instead of Goku.
What if it's Frieza vs Frost as the last match?

Talk about pick your poison haha
How i predict the tournament will end:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:10 am

Frieza vs Goku.

Frieza decides to sit back while Jiren and Goku fight. Goku wins and thinks the toirnament is over but Zeno wants to see one more battle for the wish.

Goku is extremely tired from his battle and maybe loses...maybe wins.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:15 am

I almost want to envision a Freeza vs Frost scenario. Naturally, Freeza would be the victorious one as he's inherently more powerful. Although, it's also possible that Frost could have a realisation of just how irredeemably depraved his U7 counterpart is that even he feels disgusted by him.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am

TheOne wrote:
Bullza wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: No love for frost?

What if it's Frieza vs Frost as the last match?

Talk about pick your poison haha
Glady, whenever frost decides to shine upon us his beautiful design is worth it..

I do understand two backstabbing fellows turning on each other, but they know they are too similar, both would expect that to happen, which should prolong their team up until the very end of their plan where the taking home their life / prize comes in...

I expect their plan to cause greatness and something of much significance for the plot
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:31 pm

I don't think Frieza will be ome of the last ones standing, but he'll get the most eliminations, making him the MVP. Universe 7 will win, and they'll plan on using the dragonballs to save the universes, but Zeno will give the wish to Frieza. That way the consequences of the tournament wont be solved right away.