Spoilers episode 99-101! First elimination!!!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

Spoilers episode 99-101! First elimination!!!

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:52 am

https://youtu.be/ITyZRI_GTRE

Krillin is the first eliminated! It seems all the Toei hype was due to the fact they knew Akira had written him off first in the tournament.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Re: Spoilers episode 99-101! First elimination!!!

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:21 pm

You seem really happy about it :lol:
This is already being discussed in the official announcement thread, though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:30 pm

That's one way to make sure your series isn't predictable!
How i predict the tournament will end:

freak27

Post by freak27 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:36 pm

If caulifla goes SSJ Blue I'm dropping the anime

Amerigo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Amerigo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:53 pm

If Cauflia goes Super Saiyan Blue, then Dragon Ball Super is officially a glorified crack fan fiction.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:55 pm

I think i would drop the series if Caulifla turns SSB.

Also why the fuck would they ask Goku to teach them SSB in the middle of a Battle Royale?? Why would Goku teach them??

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:57 pm

All these exclamation marks. I expected a Double4Anime video.
I feel like the conversation for this is already happening in the Announcements/News Thread.
And the sources there are direct, not by proxy of Youtube video.
:clap:

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:04 pm

This is an huge surprise, but, it is also very funny. I guess his hidden potential didn't work well. :lol: :lol:
Hit!! wrote:I think i would drop the series if Caulifla turns SSB.

Also why the fuck would they ask Goku to teach them SSB in the middle of a Battle Royale?? Why would Goku teach them??
That's true, but, you can't drop the series, the mighty Hitto still can save the day. :thumbup:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:40 pm

I hope Goku just tells her that she needs much more power for that and it doesn't go anywhere. We don't need SSB spam fiesta THAT fast.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:This is an huge surprise, but, it is also very funny. I guess his hidden potential didn't work well. :lol: :lol:

That's true, but, you can't drop the series, the mighty Hitto still can save the day. :thumbup:
inb4 hit losses to Goku in the most stupidest and contrived way
Mostly active on discord.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:49 pm

The gr wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:This is an huge surprise, but, it is also very funny. I guess his hidden potential didn't work well. :lol: :lol:

inb4 hit losses to Goku in the most stupidest and contrived way
Do you believe that? I think Hitto is going to fuck up Toppo.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:59 pm

Caulifla will reach shit without Whis don't worry

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:20 pm

Amerigo wrote:If Cauflia goes Super Saiyan Blue, then Dragon Ball Super is officially a glorified crack fan fiction.
Its been relying on fan ideas for awhile now so this won't be anything new.
freak27 wrote:If caulifla goes SSJ Blue I'm dropping the anime
I've read this so many times yet who say they're going to drop it are still watching it 100 episodes later.

It'll be a really stupid thing but it's not going to be enough to get people to drop it, if you've put up with it for this long then you will for this.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:27 pm

I think he'll tell her that she needs to ask Vados to train her or something and then punch her ass out of the ring. I swear I hope Super doesn't get this stupid. Also, God I'm elated Krillin is getting eliminated. :clap:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:31 pm

MagmonKai wrote:I'm elated Krillin is getting eliminated. :clap:
Better him tahn Vegeta that's for sure.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:40 pm

MagmonKai wrote:I think he'll tell her that she needs to ask Vados to train her or something and then punch her ass out of the ring. I swear I hope Super doesn't get this stupid. Also, God I'm elated Krillin is getting eliminated. :clap:
People finding solice in that Krillin may be eliminated because he killed someone. Lol. No thats worse.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:17 pm

I am sure he is disqualified because he killed someone by his kienzan. I can't think of other ways he can be disqualified.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Wouldn't it be great that after seeing Goku Transform into his new ultimate limit breaking form after years of SSB practice, that Caulifla and Cabba could do it too? Like their toes start to itch and bam. Beyond SSB level!? :sick:

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:43 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:I think he'll tell her that she needs to ask Vados to train her or something and then punch her ass out of the ring. I swear I hope Super doesn't get this stupid. Also, God I'm elated Krillin is getting eliminated. :clap:
People finding solice in that Krillin may be eliminated because he killed someone. Lol. No thats worse.
To be honest, as a Krillin fan, I actually agree on it possibly being worse.

On the one hand we'll not have "he's weak/he's a coward/he didn't do anything before going out" which is good, but on the other, unless the episode does a really good job of conveying why(which I'm doubtful for) he elects to throw a disc at the opponent, rather than blinding him and trying something else, it makes Krillin look inconsistant with the way he's been written in the past. He's supposed to be this tournament vet(like Tien, Goku and Roshi) and does this big monologue about how Gohan's not used to tournament rules, before showing his skills. Then he's the first to break the rule...before Frieza even. Wha.

That said, if he puts in a good showing BEFORE being eliminated, I don't mind as much about him being first, I'm just still left scratching my head at the situation that would cause him to try and kill an opponent in the first place, less they were attempting to murder 18.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Akyon wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
To be honest, as a Krillin fan, I actually agree on it possibly being worse.

On the one hand we'll not have "he's weak/he's a coward/he didn't do anything before going out" which is good, but on the other, unless the episode does a really good job of conveying why(which I'm doubtful for) he elects to throw a disc at the opponent, rather than blinding him and trying something else, it makes Krillin look inconsistant with the way he's been written in the past. He's supposed to be this tournament vet(like Tien, Goku and Roshi) and does this big monologue about how Gohan's not used to tournament rules, before showing his skills. Then he's the first to break the rule...before Frieza even. Wha.

That said, if he puts in a good showing BEFORE being eliminated, I don't mind as much about him being first, I'm just still left scratching my head at the situation that would cause him to try and kill an opponent in the first place, less they were attempting to murder 18.
Well we dont know the circumstances. Like..maybe he accidently kills an invisible fighter.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"