Dragonball Super starts in Germany

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Super starts in Germany

Post by Cetra » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Saiyanrule wrote:
Cetra wrote:Good lord, I want Tommy Morgenstern back. And Kaiou for some reason got the voice actor of the Elder Kaioushin.

I hope they choose Pascal Breuer for Zamasu. He voiced Sesshomaru and Neflite in Germany so he can voice elegant and cool villains.
Dragon ball is recording in Berlin, Breuer live in Munich. I love his voice to, especially as Ace in One Piece and Sesshomaru in Inuyasha, but it´s impossible that he voiced zamasu in db super.

To the german dub, ChiChi, Goten and Trunks are terrible for me, especially Goten but the rest is good.

That is no actual reason, especially not for a long-time actor like him.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Saiyanrule

Post by Saiyanrule » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:19 am

So after the first 24 episodes i can say, the dubbing for the first 10 episodes was really bad, cause it was the same bad dialog director than in Kai. Toei Animation also don't liked it and changed some things. The acting is much better now and characters like Goten and Trunks and especially Stefan Bräuler as Goku sounds also much better and Gohan is not pitched anymore.
The only bad voice in this dub so far is Krillin, his voice is so standard and the voice "actor" can not acting.
Btw. the dialog-script is really good, many good word plays and it´s a bit like the german script from DBZ, but not so painful ridiculous.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:38 am

I watched a good portion of DBZ with the german dub, a shame they re-cast everyone :(
For those who follow Super, are they as keen on using swear words as they were in the original DBZ ? :lol: This was a late evening show back then, if I remember correctly.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:45 am

Michsi wrote:I watched a good portion of DBZ with the german dub, a shame they re-cast everyone :(
For those who follow Super, are they as keen on using swear words as they were in the original DBZ ? :lol: This was a late evening show back then, if I remember correctly.
Not everyone. Majin Buu and Yamcha are still dubbed by the same actors from before.

Saiyanrule

Post by Saiyanrule » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:59 am

Michsi wrote:I watched a good portion of DBZ with the german dub, a shame they re-cast everyone
For those who follow Super, are they as keen on using swear words as they were in the original DBZ ? This was a late evening show back then, if I remember correctly.
Not everyone ist re-cast, Gotenks, Mr Satan, Boo, Kaioshin, C18, Yamcha, and Tagoma as Ginyu got their old voice actors back. And yes DBZ in Germany was an adult show in the evening and was full of swear Words and funny dialogs.
In Super their use also those dialogs and a lot of swear word, but thats why dragon ball is so famous and popular in germany.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:11 am

Saiyanrule wrote:
Michsi wrote:I watched a good portion of DBZ with the german dub, a shame they re-cast everyone
For those who follow Super, are they as keen on using swear words as they were in the original DBZ ? This was a late evening show back then, if I remember correctly.
Not everyone ist re-cast, Gotenks, Mr Satan, Boo, Kaioshin, C18, Yamcha, and Tagoma as Ginyu got their old voice actors back.
Well, it's not everyone, but pretty much most from the main cast :( I always found it a funny coincidence how Piccolo's german VA also voiced Spike from Buffy (James Marsters played Piccolo in DBE/haven't seen any of it, don't know who dubbed that).
Saiyanrule wrote: And yes DBZ in Germany was an adult show in the evening and was full of swear Words and funny dialogs.
In Super their use also those dialogs and a lot of swear word, but thats why dragon ball is so famous and popular in germany.
That's good to know. Not the biggest supporter of using swear words, but they can make the dialog in a show funnier.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:17 am

Saiyanrule wrote:
Not everyone ist re-cast, Gotenks, Mr Satan, Boo, Kaioshin, C18, Yamcha, and Tagoma as Ginyu got their old voice actors back. And yes DBZ in Germany was an adult show in the evening and was full of swear Words and funny dialogs.
The swear words came from faithfully adapting from the German manga version of Dragon Ball and that, despite some liberties here and there was still a very good translation from a Japanese native speaker, Mrs. Junko Iwamoto-Seebeck.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:12 am

Cetra wrote:
Saiyanrule wrote:
The swear words came from faithfully adapting from the German manga version of Dragon Ball and that, despite some liberties here and there was still a very good translation from a Japanese native speaker, Mrs. Junko Iwamoto-Seebeck.
I do have a lot of old volumes from the German manga and it's pretty heavy swear-word wise (compared to other translations) and I figured that's where they got the "tone" from. I read that the Japanese language in general is fairly light when it comes to profanities, so I assume those were the "liberties" you were referring to.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:58 pm

New episodes in June.
https://www.facebook.com/ProSiebenMAXX/ ... 7213890278

DragonBall Super: Broly returns to German theaters on July 30, 2019 but this time with a German dub. Goku will be voiced by Tommy Morgenstern and Vegeta by Oliver Siebeck.
https://www.kaze-online.de/news/artikel ... rikes-back

From Google translate:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:38 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:40 pm Vegito Blue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bgp7Z-GUKM
It's funny because the guy who voices Zamasu (Viktor Neumann) is the same one who voiced Vegetto in the Z dub. :lol:

This is like watching a battle between two Vegettos (Oliver Bender vs Viktor Neumann)