Dragonball Super starts in Germany

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiyanrule

Dragonball Super starts in Germany

Post by Saiyanrule » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:18 am

It is announced, Super starts at september 4th. at Prosieben Maxx
https://www.manime.de/news/anime/prosie ... t/0018997/

Sadly that they don't use the Z cast :(
But C18, Yamcha, Kaioshin, Boo and probably mr Satan, Olong and Gotenks got there old voice actors back. Whis, Berus, Pilaf, Mai and Shu also have the voices from the movies back.
Goku and ChiChi got a new voice, the new Goku is Stefan Bräuler and the new voice for ChiChi is not yet known.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragonball Super starts in Germany

Post by sangofe » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:38 am

So it's pretty much a big mess, eh?

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 am

Haven't watched Battle of Gods or Kai in german yet (oops), so I don't know much of the new cast, but not gonna lie, the original cast wasn't really that great in the first place, like, they fit the weird weird mood the german dub went for, but they weren't great actors, in my opinion. So the simple thought of replacing them isn't bad to me. (Glad we get Boo back though, he was a good one)

Also the only Kai voice I ever heard in german was Goku, and that one didnt sound good at all to me, so I'm not sad to hear that one go, personally.

But why only go for half the cast? Its like they only felt like going through the effort of finding new voices when they made the movie dub, and now they're all tuckered out and just went to the old guys. You know this is also not /super/ unsual for germany, now that I think about it, as we had p much the entire cast replaced going from Dragonball to DBZ.

Like I know this is a mess, but Dragonball in germany was always a mess. It was never really quality work, it was just popular regardless cause the show is so good. At least that's how I feel.
-凯

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:43 am

I grew up with the German dub in the old RTL2 days. It sucks that Goku voice won't be back. I didn't hear his Goku for a long time but I remember I really liked him.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:59 pm

kaialone wrote:Haven't watched Battle of Gods or Kai in german yet (oops), so I don't know much of the new cast, but not gonna lie, the original cast wasn't really that great in the first place, like, they fit the weird weird mood the german dub went for, but they weren't great actors, in my opinion. So the simple thought of replacing them isn't bad to me. (Glad we get Boo back though, he was a good one)

Also the only Kai voice I ever heard in german was Goku, and that one didnt sound good at all to me, so I'm not sad to hear that one go, personally.

But why only go for half the cast? Its like they only felt like going through the effort of finding new voices when they made the movie dub, and now they're all tuckered out and just went to the old guys. You know this is also not /super/ unsual for germany, now that I think about it, as we had p much the entire cast replaced going from Dragonball to DBZ.

Like I know this is a mess, but Dragonball in germany was always a mess. It was never really quality work, it was just popular regardless cause the show is so good. At least that's how I feel.
Battle of Gods was actually dubbed with the original Z cast in german.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 pm

How disappointing. Really, really wanted the old cast back, especially Tommy Morgernstern.

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Nice! Hope we can get it in Holland too in the future now that our neighbours have it.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:48 am

SaintEvolution wrote:
Oh, seriously? Thats actually pretty cool, like, regardless of my feelings of the quality of these actors, I do think its nice to be doing BoG with whatever classic cast a dub has, personally.

But now I wonder why I was told that the voices got changed, I guess that shows me for not actually watching it...
-凯

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:13 pm

kaialone wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Oh, seriously? Thats actually pretty cool, like, regardless of my feelings of the quality of these actors, I do think its nice to be doing BoG with whatever classic cast a dub has, personally.

But now I wonder why I was told that the voices got changed, I guess that shows me for not actually watching it...
Well, the movies had partially the same old cast in germany. In Battle of Gods they only changed Goten and Trunks' voices, and in Resurrection 'F' they changed Frieza, Future Trunks and Master Roshi, but kept most of the original Z cast again too.

The casting changes turned on most of the cast only in Kai and now in Super too.

Saiyanrule

Post by Saiyanrule » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:21 pm

It´s a big mess now but the dub seems to be good, because toei animation europe leads the dub now and not kazé (viz media) anymore.
The german Kai dub was very bad but since the voice director team was changed the dub is much better at the end of kai. I hope they dubbed kai once again.

@Kaialone: The reason why the old voice actors won't get back for super is while the actors are to busy for a huge project like db super, the old cast include one of the most popular voice actors in germany (now).
But i don't know why they don't keep the original dragon ball cast which was recorded in cologne, I really liked frank schaff as goku :(

Saiyanrule

Post by Saiyanrule » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:25 am

Here is a preview clip by Stefan Bräuler as Goku.
https://www.facebook.com/ProSiebenMAXX/ ... 322209975/

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Saiyanrule wrote:Here is a preview clip by Stefan Bräuler as Goku.
Not bad.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:49 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Saiyanrule wrote:Here is a preview clip by Stefan Bräuler as Goku.
Not bad.
It's hard to judge on one line, but he does sound a bit "matcho" for being Goku. I dunno. He's energetic at least. I'll post more thoughts when I hear full episodes.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:28 pm

I love listening to Goku in languages other than Japanese and English :lol: thanks for the clip.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:43 pm

His voice reminds me of Schemmel's a bit.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Saiyanrule

Post by Saiyanrule » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 am

Finally a Clip from super with Stefan Bräuler as Goku
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF7drgxK_hU
The audio quality in the original clip does not sound so bad.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:17 pm

Saiyanrule wrote:Finally a Clip from super with Stefan Bräuler as Goku
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF7drgxK_hU
The audio quality in the original clip does not sound so bad.
Gotta say, this is the best German adult Goku I've ever heard.

Damian0358

Post by Damian0358 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:44 am

The first episode just aired on Pro7 Maxx! I thought the dubbing was fine enough, but I don't remember the voices of the original DBZ dub so I can't compare.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:39 am

Good lord, I want Tommy Morgenstern back. And Kaiou for some reason got the voice actor of the Elder Kaioushin.

I hope they choose Pascal Breuer for Zamasu. He voiced Sesshomaru and Neflite in Germany so he can voice elegant and cool villains.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 am

New Goku voice actor sounds fine when he's talking, not during his Kamehameha though. I still wish it was Tommy Morgenstern but if he doesn't want to do it, then yeah. His choice.