The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:58 pm

HeroR wrote:The Dragon Balls are giving to the best warrior overall. Nothing said it was the last man standing, especially one who take out their own teammate.
This makes no sense. What if the best warrior was someone who was erased along with his universe?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:03 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
HeroR wrote:The Dragon Balls are giving to the best warrior overall. Nothing said it was the last man standing, especially one who take out their own teammate.
This makes no sense. What if the best warrior was someone who was erased along with his universe?
It will probably be the best warrior out of the remaining team(s) since the victor is whoever has the most people remaining at the end.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:08 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
It will probably be the best warrior out of the remaining team(s) since the victor is whoever has the most people remaining at the end.
But if Jiren is the last one standing of his universe, he and his universe will be immediately erased once he loses. It's not like the Grand Priest will be like 'Well, U10. You're runner-ups! You get to see U7's team make their wish. Then, you get erased.'

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:17 pm

Cetra wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Holy shit. Dragon Ball Super could get so much mileage out of a scenario like that. I hope Toriyama has the balls to go into that direction.
I doubt either Super Shenlong or Ultimate Shenlong could do that.
Super Shenlong can grant any wish. It's possible.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Holy crap.

Just saw the Heroes commercial. I can totally picture it now.

Goku and Jiren tiring each other out with their 100% strength and Frieza taking the chance, HE KNOCKS THEM OUT! HE'S THE CHAMP!

Super Dragon: State thy wish.
Goku: Awright! Frieza, you should ask for the other universes to be brought back to life - and I'll use the Earth Dragonballs to -
Frieza: Make me the next Zen-Oh.
Whis: .... we're fucked.
Holy shit. Dragon Ball Super could get so much mileage out of a scenario like that. I hope Toriyama has the balls to go into that direction.
It would be an actual good development with story potential so it can't happen by default.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:23 pm

I hope both Vegeta and Roshi will drop it to show that both theories are false.

Would be fucking stupid to let them show the order in such easy prediction. No matter if opening or ending

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:27 pm

Kishido wrote:I hope both Vegeta and Roshi will drop it to show that both theories are false.

Would be fucking stupid to let them show the order in such easy prediction. No matter if opening or ending

Japanese people don't care about spoilers at all, we knew when Goku will fight Jiren and with which form 3 months prior to the episode, and remember the sleeping Buu opening

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Goku and Jiren tiring each other out with their 100% strength and Frieza taking the chance, HE KNOCKS THEM OUT! HE'S THE CHAMP!

Goku: Awright! Frieza, you should ask for the other universes to be brought back to life - and I'll use the Earth Dragonballs to -
This will go right with the list of missed occasions in Super for jaw-dropping twists. Let's remember the other candidates "Goku Black is Future Goten" and "Merged Zamas kills the heroes, wins and lives an eternity in solitude before rewinding back time and allowing himself to be defeated".

I think an ending with a final battle against an "Emperor Joker" type of Freeza would be too cool a culmination, especially before a jump to the end of Z.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:30 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

Holy shit. Dragon Ball Super could get so much mileage out of a scenario like that. I hope Toriyama has the balls to go into that direction.
It would be an actual good development with story potential so it can't happen by default.
Toei manged to pull a golden rabbit out of the hat with the concept of "Evil" Goku and pulled off the idea of resurrecting Freeza a millions time better than Toriyama did, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Yeah, they've certainly dropped with the story potential in several aspects. But they've shown they can take chicken shit and turn into chicken salad.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Holy shit. Dragon Ball Super could get so much mileage out of a scenario like that. I hope Toriyama has the balls to go into that direction.
I doubt either Super Shenlong or Ultimate Shenlong could do that.
Super Shenlong can grant any wish. It's possible.
And the Grand Priest said the person who got the wish could ask for whatever they wanted.
Nickolaidas wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
But if Jiren is the last one standing of his universe, he and his universe will be immediately erased once he loses. It's not like the Grand Priest will be like 'Well, U10. You're runner-ups! You get to see U7's team make their wish. Then, you get erased.'
That's true, however the problem we have here is the Grand Priest's own statement that for the winning universe, "nothing is the prize." Not even honor. "Nothing." I'm not sure how that jives with the best fighter getting that wish, because being able to ask for literally anything is certainly not "nothing." There is also the possibility that the time limit will expire and multiple universes will have the same number of warriors standing. I've also seen some people theorize that the Grand Priest has the ability to rewind time ~1 hour which is the reason for the time limit. Not sure how I feel about that myself. There's too much they've left ambiguous about the possible outcome of the tournament.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:This will go right with the list of missed occasions in Super for jaw-dropping twists. Let's remember the other candidates "Goku Black is Future Goten" and "Merged Zamas kills the heroes, wins and lives an eternity in solitude before rewinding back time and allowing himself to be defeated".
I never understood of that potential plot twist. It literally makes no sense.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:That's true, however the problem we have here is the Grand Priest's own statement that for the winning universe, "nothing is the prize." Not even honor. "Nothing."
The way I interpret his statement, is like this: "The winning universe won't win any sort of 'special treatment' or 'reward' as a prize. The prize is that the winning universe gets to survive and keep on existing." Now the 'best/surviving' warrior is another thing entirely. He's the only one who gets a prize, but if his idea of prize is something that benefits his (and the other) universe(s), this is still 'his' reward, not the universe(s).

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Toei manged to pull a golden rabbit out of the hat with the concept of "Evil" Goku and pulled off the idea of resurrecting Freeza a millions time better than Toriyama did, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Yeah, they've certainly dropped with the story potential in several aspects. But they've shown they can take chicken shit and turn into chicken salad.
Black's the only one I thinks worked, Freeza's been really cool so far but he has yet to do anything and a lot of the enthusiasm surrounding him is just the potential for him to do anything interesting story wise. They also had the chance to make Broly work through Kale and that failed miserably.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:59 pm

I think that's beyond the Super Dragon Balls power I think. Otherwise Grand Priest would have just wished himself to be next Zeno or erase Zeno by now.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:01 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
If Goku needs a new form to face Jiren then no one else will stand a chance against Jiren.
I never said everyone else stood a chance with Jiren. That's been obvious from the start. I'm saying he's being sitting with his arms crossed for the last 30 minutes while everyone else has been fighting. The least they could do is make Jiren fight 17, Vegeta, Frieza and Goku back to back and make him use up some energy like everyone else has been.
That is boring and 17 is no where near as good as you think he is.
When have I ever hyped up 17? Please tell me. Because I was clearly pointing out the people who prefer fighting alone.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Toei manged to pull a golden rabbit out of the hat with the concept of "Evil" Goku and pulled off the idea of resurrecting Freeza a millions time better than Toriyama did, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Yeah, they've certainly dropped with the story potential in several aspects. But they've shown they can take chicken shit and turn into chicken salad.
Black's the only one I thinks worked, Freeza's been really cool so far but he has yet to do anything and a lot of the enthusiasm surrounding him is just the potential for him to do anything interesting story wise. They also had the chance to make Broly work through Kale and that failed miserably.
I'm still holding on Freeza because I'm certain he's being saved for something big. As for Kale... yeah they totally dropped the ball with her. And I'm not expecting Toyotaro to do any better with how much he plays it safe.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:03 pm

Freeza would be a less annoying and more interesting Omni King than the Omni Kings, that's for sure.

I'd rather Vegeta didn't go next, but if he does I'd at least want a really good moment between him and Gokû immediately before it happens.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:06 pm

TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:
I never said everyone else stood a chance with Jiren. That's been obvious from the start. I'm saying he's being sitting with his arms crossed for the last 30 minutes while everyone else has been fighting. The least they could do is make Jiren fight 17, Vegeta, Frieza and Goku back to back and make him use up some energy like everyone else has been.
When have I ever hyped up 17? Please tell me. Because I was clearly pointing out the people who prefer fighting alone.
You are hyping him up by putting him in the same category as Frieza and Vegeta. Where did you mention about characters that like fighting alone?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:12 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
You are hyping him up by putting him in the same category as Frieza and Vegeta. Where did you mention about characters that like fighting alone?
Goku Vegeta and Frieza are well above 17. That's common Knowledge and shouldn't need clarification. I didn't feel like I needed to tell you that these fighters prefer to fight alone. They told us this stuff before the tournament even started.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:28 pm

There´s another theory around saying that it´s actually the opening that tell us what the order of elimination is, based on what number of dragon ball each member is holding on his hand, according to this, roshi would be next to be dropped out which makes perfect sense, then piccolo,17.18 and frieza, leaving goku,gohan and vegeta as the last remaining members of universe 7, depending on which member will be next to be knocked off the stage, roshi or vegeta, we will know which theory will have been proven to be right.