Dragonball fanbase is the worst

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

Dragonball fanbase is the worst

Post by Lujin_16 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:08 am

Fans hoped that Caulifa don't transform to ssb and now people complain about something else??? this fanbase is never happy

Why are people so focused on powerlevels?? with that logic Goku would beat 95% of the fighters easy and the tournament would be over really fast i don't
think people wants to see that..Of course the Son Goku,Son Goku scream pissed me of but saying the episode is bad just because of Kale is bullshit it was a
action packed & fun overall...Some here are like kids crying oh Gt is official better than Super now or i don't watch it again grow up man or BYE and never
come back again :wave: ..

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball fanbase is the worst

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:11 am

We all obviously watch the show. When things we dont like happen we are free to voice that. I personally thought this s one of the worst written of the 100 episodes. I'm not going to whine about it forever but noone should have to pretend some of these moments are good...there are bad moments in Super.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Amerigo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Amerigo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:41 pm

In a series where power is everything, power-scaling should matter.

Chi-Chi married Goku because of his power.

Bulma married Vegeta because of his power.

Goku and Vegeta are friends because they respect the others power.

Power-Scaling matters because it affects the presence that each character possesses.

Zeno is the best example of power-scaling done correctly. We are told that he is the god of gods, we are told that he possesses power that is unfathomable - but more importantly, we are shown it. Every time Zeno comes on screen, terror fills the hearts of the characters in the story but also the viewers. He is not all bark, he is also bite, and will crush you like a bug at the merest hint of annoyance. Zeno possesses presence.

However, if Zeno allowed people to disrespect him, to insult, and to push him around - we as the viewers, as well as the characters, would lose respect for him and his power. He would no longer have presence, he would no longer be intimidating.

Goku and Vegeta are supposed to be the two strongest Saiyans in history, capable of destroying galaxies with a flick of their finger, and anniliate universes with a single punch. It is the job of the writers to convince us of this; it is the job of the writers to give Goku and Vegeta a powerful and dominating presence.

But when all Goku and Vegeta do is lose, job and get humiliated - when everyone and their grandma is as strong, if not stronger, than them... When all it takes to surpass them is getting angry, doing two push ups, or a little dance...

Goku and Vegeta no longer possesses that powerful, dominating presence they had in DBZ. Goku is dumber than ever, Vegeta is Bulma's fuckboy and Beerus' lapdog. They always lose, job, get trashed, etc.

That is why power-scaling matters.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:07 pm

I agree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but there are people who just watch to hate, and to call everythying INCOHERENT... like their criticism is void, empty of reason, not elaborate, specially on my country [Brazil], our fanbase is like a cancer, people reach to levels of attacking other anime, attacking people who watch and like, using every kind of bad word on our language, it is just like a complete cancer.

It's funny, because most of that people says that DBZ was perfect, because they watched it when they were little kids and had no standards to judge, when they were easily amazed and had no internet to fight against others. It's like these people still want to feel like they felt when they were kids watching DBZ. This is almost impossible.

From now on i'm doing my best to not read commentaries on brazilian DBS facebook pages, or pt-br subbed videos on youtube. I see that this is not exclusive to my country, but of the worst, we are the worst, i think.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:14 pm

You have - Original Dub / Kai Dub / Sub wars
- Power level wars
- Z vs Super wars
- Super vs GT wars

Honestly, it could may be the worst after all.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Oh my god,you people don't get it,is not the numbers we care about,is consistency with the character power and what tier they stand for
    No matter how many shitty headcanon you put is bad writing that kale is ridiculously strong for no reason other than the plot demanded, and she feel like a female wish fulfillment dream for the writers like caulifla
      dbz while is not perfect Gave us consistency with the characters and what tier they stand for,seriously do we have a scene where #18 punch a ss2 Goku or did we have a scene with krillin owning cell or do we have scene where a weak character went to fusion tier like vegito in less of a day
        dbz gave us an explanation how strong are the transformations and character which dbs completely fail
        Mostly active on discord.

Torturephile
        Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Metal music fans are worse. Trust me, Dragon Ball fans even seem reasonable in comparison.
        From Super episode 113 thread:
        MaskedRider wrote:
        Torturephile wrote:
        hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
        namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
        The fandom in a nutshell.
        The duality of man.

Xeogran
        I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:39 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:You have - Original Dub / Kai Dub / Sub wars
        - Power level wars
        - Z vs Super wars
        - Super vs GT wars

Honestly, it could may be the worst after all.
        Don't forget about the eternal Budokai vs Budokai Tenkaichi wars, and now Xenoverse VS FighterZ.

It would be a good day in the fandom if everyone just chilled ( :P ) for a moment and waited to see how things unfold.

RedHeat
        Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:59 pm

I agree. I find Super much more entertaining to watch when I don't interact with the fandom.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but when you have people saying stuff like "only the younger fans like this shit :P" is when I'd rather drop Super completely than converse.
        Feels over Reals.

SJ158

Post by SJ158 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Torturephile wrote:Metal music fans are worse. Trust me, Dragon Ball fans even seem reasonable in comparison.
        I mean, as a fellow metalhead you should really pass the age of quarrel amongst fans of different syles/bands/albums/band members after you reach 25 years old. If you don't than you should worry that you are going to forever be a manchild.

Lord Beerus
        Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Amerigo wrote:Chi-Chi married Goku because of his power.

Um... since when was that the case?

Yomi
        Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

That's what I was wondering.
        When did Bulma look at Vegeta like "DAMN, HE STRONK! I WANT STRONK MAN!"
        :clap:

Zagacious
        Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:39 pm

This episode obviously wasn't the best quality they've done but I enjoyed some of it. The incessant 'son goku son goku' which is extremely obviously copying Broly screaming Kakarot over and over, definitely ruined Kales moment for me though. We get it she's Broly that doesn't mean she needs to be a freaking exact copy of his sayings and moves. I actually like Kale but when she changes there's literally nothing telling her apart from Broly. This makes a character who would otherwise be interesting pretty much a gag.

I was fine with Kale holding off SSB temporarily because he wasn't really taking it seriously he was just in the mode of testing Cauliflas power. Jiren should have knocked her out though.
        Last edited by Zagacious on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MajinMan
        Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:45 pm

The Dragon Ball fanbase is nowhere near the worst. Sure there are a lot of stupid things like dub vs sub, but usually things never get out of hand. Dragon Ball Super getting criticized is conpletely ok and needed, or else we'll all look like a bunch of tools pretending to enjoy something to fit in.

I personally enjoy (most of) Super. I think this current arc had been pretty good, but that doesn't mean that everyone who disagrees with me is wrong, even if I personally think their criticisms and points are dumb. There does come a point however when these "criticisms" are completely asinine and stupid. It's best to ignore those people that are spreading hate on those who genuinely enjoy the show because their only goal is to "convert" people into their way of thinking by humiliating, making fun of, and chastasing others opinions and sense of taste.

It's very easy to tell who is giving real opinions and who is hating for attention. Most posts that consist of, "They fucked up again. Fuck Super." are clearly made to bait people who do like Super into arguing with them so they can have an excuse to hate longer. However, if a poster thoroughly breaks down things they don't like in a normal and respective manner, then it is perfectly fine and necessary. It would be boring if we all liked the same things and agreed on everything.
        Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Asura
        I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:14 pm

The gr wrote:Oh my god,you people don't get it,is not the numbers we care about,is consistency with the character power and what tier they stand for
        I swear, every single time someone makes a thread bitching about "powerlevel people" they create a boogeyman that doesn't exist. Literally no one is upset about power level "numbers". I mean I'm sure there are some people out there who are doing mathematical calculations in the trillions to record power levels and stuff, but for the other 99%, it's just about wanting consistency and logic. People act like those are such crazy demands for some reason.

I don't understand the purpose of this thread though. I feel like everytime something completely illogical happens in the show there's always one person who makes a thread bitching about how terrible the fanbase is and why can't you just turn your brain off and accept whatever shit is thrown at you and etc. - I'm honestly not even that invested in this latest power continuity issue with Kale. It's not majorly affecting my enjoyment of the show right now (although if I wasn't happy with the show right now this would be a nail in the coffin) but I think people have a right to complain about this stuff, and making a thread to complain about people complaining is pointless.

The gr
        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Asura wrote:
        The gr wrote:Oh my god,you people don't get it,is not the numbers we care about,is consistency with the character power and what tier they stand for
        I swear, every single time someone makes a thread bitching about "powerlevel people" they create a boogeyman that doesn't exist. Literally no one is upset about power level "numbers". I mean I'm sure there are some people out there who are doing mathematical calculations in the trillions to record power levels and stuff, but for the other 99%, it's just about wanting consistency and logic. People act like those are such crazy demands for some reason.

I don't understand the purpose of this thread though. I feel like everytime something completely illogical happens in the show there's always one person who makes a thread bitching about how terrible the fanbase is and why can't you just turn your brain off and accept whatever shit is thrown at you and etc. - I'm honestly not even that invested in this latest power continuity issue with Kale. It's not majorly affecting my enjoyment of the show right now (although if I wasn't happy with the show right now this would be a nail in the coffin) but I think people have a right to complain about this stuff, and making a thread to complain about people complaining is pointless.
        :lol: boogeyman,yeah is just obnoxious hearing people generalizing into a group saying " these power level people ruin everything,stop caring for the numbers",the numbers stop being relevant since the cell saga,this thread is not a good example for the community or how to take criticisms
          If you or someone else enjoyed this episode then fine i dont mind it,hell I liked episode 97 yet the episode received a mixed reaction,you dont see me complaining about that
            I dont care for the number,I just want consistency, that is not a hard thing to ask
            Mostly active on discord.

Dragonballgod19
            Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Yomi wrote:
            Lord Beerus wrote:

I'm pretty sure that false.

Amerigo
            Not-So-Newbie

Post by Amerigo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

You think Chi-Chi, a warrior princess, would marry Goku if he was a weakling?

Bulma made it very clear in Namek that she admired Goku's power and that she regrets not having a chance with him. A few months later she is fucking the second strongest Saiyan in history.

GodKaio-Ken
            I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Yomi wrote:
            Lord Beerus wrote:

Its heavily implied....or do you think she did it for his charming personality?
            Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Sonicjamareiz
            Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Eh I've seen worse this is definitely up there but it will hopefully never reach Garbage tier that is the Sonic fanbase. :sick:
            Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick: