Hit and Jiren have to know of each other...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Toonami1998

Hit and Jiren have to know of each other...

Post by Toonami1998 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Calling it now, either Hit had a contract on Jiren and failed to play it through or maybe Jiren was another Hitman along with Hit and there was some sort of beef there. Maybe Jiren changed his ways and joined Toppo and Hit left that universe to go to Universe 6 to seek shelter. Hit seems out of place there also, such a gap in power between him and everyone else pre-universal arc and his power is unique on its own.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Hit and Jiren have to know of each other...

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:36 pm

Toonami1998 wrote:Calling it now, either Hit had a contract on Jiren and failed to play it through or maybe Jiren was another Hitman along with Hit and there was some sort of beef there. Maybe Jiren changed his ways and joined Toppo and Hit left that universe to go to Universe 6 to seek shelter. Hit seems out of place there also, such a gap in power between him and everyone else pre-universal arc and his power is unique on its own.
Eh, I don't think they know one another at all. It just seemed like Hitto recognized immediately Jiren's strength considering he just one-shotted an SSB level fighter who happens to be his own teammate. Didn't Hitto use the word "Kisama" as a way of saying something like "You bastard" or something? Just seemed obvious to me he didn't like the fact Jiren casually took out his teammate and was prepared to fight him since he thought he had no choice left until Goku came into the picture. If they do end up knowing each other though, I wouldn't have a single problem with it.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Toonami1998 wrote:Calling it now, either Hit had a contract on Jiren and failed to play it through or maybe Jiren was another Hitman along with Hit and there was some sort of beef there. Maybe Jiren changed his ways and joined Toppo and Hit left that universe to go to Universe 6 to seek shelter. Hit seems out of place there also, such a gap in power between him and everyone else pre-universal arc and his power is unique on its own.
Eh, I don't think they know one another at all. It just seemed like Hitto recognized immediately Jiren's strength considering he just one-shotted an SSB level fighter who happens to be his own teammate. Didn't Hitto use the word "Kisama" as a way of saying something like "You bastard" or something? Just seemed obvious to me he didn't like the fact Jiren casually took out his teammate and was prepared to fight him since he thought he had no choice left until Goku came into the picture. If they do end up knowing each other though, I wouldn't have a single problem with it.

I would just question why Hit needed the box thing in U6 arc if he can already move to another universe.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
jiren did not one shot an ssb level fighter.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Kastex wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Yeah he did. You don't have to like it, but he did.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:03 pm

It's possible, but it's also possible that Hit was just saying "You..." in regards to how powerful Jiren is. It would be very interesting if they knew each other, but I have a strong feeling they don't and it was simply a remark about Jiren's power.

Not to get slightly off topic, but Hit is a damn good team leader and I really like the way he's been coordinating with his teammates and sticking close to them. He'll probably job to Jiren but I hope that won't be until near the very end.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 pm

Hit didn't care for Jiren in the least bit..he looked over like I can see you're strong but knocking out kale is hardly impressive. Hit would kill kale before she could say son goku.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:23 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Kastex wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Eh, I don't think they know one another at all. It just seemed like Hitto recognized immediately Jiren's strength considering he just one-shotted an SSB level fighter who happens to be his own teammate. Didn't Hitto use the word "Kisama" as a way of saying something like "You bastard" or something? Just seemed obvious to me he didn't like the fact Jiren casually took out his teammate and was prepared to fight him since he thought he had no choice left until Goku came into the picture. If they do end up knowing each other though, I wouldn't have a single problem with it.
Yeah he did. You don't have to like it, but he did.
Whether I like it or not is irrelevant. I analyze the details and produce logical information (relative to DBS). It is clear that you claim Kale to be SSB level, so how come the SSB level Kale could not even damage a weak SS2 Goku? The reason Goku has held WAY back using SSB in this arc is because he did not want to accidentally kill someone. You think SSB Goku can go on the same rampage Kale did and not kill anyone? If so, then you would believe each and every fighter in the tournament requires maxed out SSB Goku to be defeated.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:10 pm

julianix wrote:Hit didn't care for Jiren in the least bit..he looked over like I can see you're strong but knocking out kale is hardly impressive. Hit would kill kale before she could say son goku.
Yeah Hitto could kill Kale with his special invisible attack easily.

It would be nice if they know each other and if previously, they had had a fight that ended in a draw. I still don't believe Hitto will face Jiren, however, i hope that they won't make Jiren too strong, because, it would be bad for the series. We want competitive fights, db super cannot become one punch man, it would be ridiculous.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:51 pm

As others said, it seems that Hit was surprised after Jiren one-hit Kale, an SSB level fighter. Scratches or no scratches on Goku doesn't mean anything, it is just animation, graphics, not plot at all in DBS [we know that there were lots of fights without characters getting scratches on DBS, and in other times they were scratched].

Also, when Hit said "you...", in japanese if i remember he said: "kisama"... that is more like "damn you...". I see no indication of Hit previous knowledge of Jiren yet.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:30 pm

Kanious wrote:As others said, it seems that Hit was surprised after Jiren one-hit Kale, an SSB level fighter. Scratches or no scratches on Goku doesn't mean anything, it is just animation, graphics, not plot at all in DBS [we know that there were lots of fights without characters getting scratches on DBS, and in other times they were scratched].

Also, when Hit said "you...", in japanese if i remember he said: "kisama"... that is more like "damn you...". I see no indication of Hit previous knowledge of Jiren yet.
lol kale is not an ssb level fighter.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Kastex wrote:lol kale is not an ssb level fighter.
You can type "lol" all you want to try to hide the fact that you're taking this seriously, but this is clearly a big deal to you. You've already responded to the thread three times, without once acknowledging the OPs original point. This isn't a power level thread, and ignoring the crux of every post to point out how you feel about Goku vs Kale is unnecessary.

Back on topic, I don't think Hit and Jiren know each other, however, I like the way you think OP. I definitely wouldn't be against them knowing each other. Any backstory to add to Jiren's character would be grateful, as he could use some development.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:26 pm

TysonWine wrote:
Kastex wrote:lol kale is not an ssb level fighter.
You can type "lol" all you want to try to hide the fact that you're taking this seriously, but this is clearly a big deal to you. You've already responded to the thread three times, without once acknowledging the OPs original point. This isn't a power level thread, and ignoring the crux of every post to point out how you feel about Goku vs Kale is unnecessary.

Back on topic, I don't think Hit and Jiren know each other, however, I like the way you think OP. I definitely wouldn't be against them knowing each other. Any backstory to add to Jiren's character would be grateful, as he could use some development.
i'm not trying to hide anything. i am taking this seriously because it is something that interests me (i even made a thread about it. if i was trying to hide then i would not have made a thread about it). i wouldn't say it's a big deal, since i'm only calling it as i see it. i've acknowledged the OP, but i don't have any specific opinion about the main point. people pick at details and have conversations about those details on posts all of the time. when i notice these on my threads specifically i have no problems with it. it's not a big deal unless people are talking about completely unrelated things. in this case the premise of the post i was responding to is based on a point that i believe is incorrect. there's nothing wrong with me responding to that, or any other similar posts.

Toonami1998

Post by Toonami1998 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:29 pm

I don't believe Kale is ssb level, hell she prob isn't even Broly level. Maybe those characteristics they share, them being tanks are what give them a false sense of power in terms of what we see as an audience. Did she tank a ssb Goku using Kamehameha? Sure, but did Goku hold back? For certain, even the pride troopers acknowledged her power and we saw her just eat up a ssj 2 Goku before the whole blue fiasco but really blame Goku for not just going all out and prob honestly killing her, hell blame Goku for everything this arc lol

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Toonami1998 wrote:I don't believe Kale is ssb level, hell she prob isn't even Broly level. Maybe those characteristics they share, them being tanks are what give them a false sense of power in terms of what we see as an audience. Did she tank a ssb Goku using Kamehameha? Sure, but did Goku hold back? For certain, even the pride troopers acknowledged her power and we saw her just eat up a ssj 2 Goku before the whole blue fiasco but really blame Goku for not just going all out and prob honestly killing her, hell blame Goku for everything this arc lol
Broly, in his first movie, was slightly below SSJ2 level, and slightly above SSJ2 level in his second movie. There is no way Kale is not at least as powerful as Broly.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Toonami1998 wrote:I don't believe Kale is ssb level, hell she prob isn't even Broly level. Maybe those characteristics they share, them being tanks are what give them a false sense of power in terms of what we see as an audience. Did she tank a ssb Goku using Kamehameha? Sure, but did Goku hold back? For certain, even the pride troopers acknowledged her power and we saw her just eat up a ssj 2 Goku before the whole blue fiasco but really blame Goku for not just going all out and prob honestly killing her, hell blame Goku for everything this arc lol
Even if he held back I dont think he is stupid enough to so badly misjudge the amount needed after she crushed his SSJ2.

I'm of the opinion he was using 10 to 20% of his full poweer.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"