"Dragon Ball Super" Crunchyroll Home Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

"Dragon Ball Super" Crunchyroll Home Release Thread

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:27 am

Dragon Ball Super Crunchyroll FUNimation Home Release Guide:

Part Sets:

Dragon Ball Super: Part One - Ep. 1-13 RELEASED July 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Super: Part Two - Ep. 14-26 RELEASED October 3, 2017
Dragon Ball Super: Part Three - Ep. 27-39 RELEASED February 20, 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part Four - Ep. 40-52 RELEASED June 19, 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part Five - Ep. 53-65 RELEASED October 2, 2018
Dragon Ball Super: Part Six - Ep. 66- 78 RELEASED January 8, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Seven - Ep. 79-91 RELEASED April 2, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Eight - Ep. 92-104 RELEASED July 2, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Nine - Ep. 105-117 RELEASED October 8, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Part Ten - Ep. 118-131 RELEASED January 14, 2020

Season Sets

Dragon Ball Super: Parts One and Two (Walmart Exclusive) - Ep. 1-26 RELEASED October 2022
Dragon Ball Super: Parts Three and Four (Walmart Exclusive) - Ep. 27-52 RELEASED October 2022
Dragon Ball Super: Parts Five and Six (Walmart Exclusive) - Ep. 53-78 RELEASED October 2022
Dragon Ball Super: Parts Seven and Eight (Walmart Exclusive) - Ep. 79-104 RELEASED October 2022
Dragon Ball Super: Parts Nine and Ten (Walmart Exclusive) - Ep. 105-131 RELEASED October 2022

Complete Series Sets:

Dragon Ball Super: Complete Series - Limited Edition Steelbook Set RELEASED September 20, 2022

Movies:

Dragon Ball Super: Broly RELEASED April 16, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero RELEASING March 14, 2023
Last edited by mecha3000 on Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:35 am, edited 24 times in total.

sintzu
Banned

Re: Guessing Funi's Dragon Ball Super home release schedule/cover characters

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:14 am

The 1st part was released in July and the 2nd part will be released in October so it looks like they're releasing a part every 3 months so the 3rd part should be released in January while the 4th part in December.

In terms of the episodes, the 1st 2 parts have 13 each so they'll probably continue that with the others as well.

The 1st 2 parts' pictures are the same as the Japanese versions so if Vegeta's on the 3rd one then chances are the rest will also be the same as the Japanese's.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mecha3000
Regular

Re: Guessing Funi's Super Home Release Schedule/Covers

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:22 am

If anyone's interested in keeping up with the possible scheduling of Funi's Super home releases, I just updated it to include Part 8 now that thirteen episodes have since aired in Japan. I believe Part 8 will display Ultra Instinct Goku on the cover and I find it interesting that it PERFECTLY seems to end with episodes 109-110. What a way to make someone want Part 9, especially with the way Episode 110 ends with the cliffhanger.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to the following scenes being dubbed by Funimation (DUB SPOILERS AHEAD): Sean Schemmel's Goku Black and James Marsters' Zamasu (if he hasn't been replaced like Hit), Eric Vale doing more Future Trunks, Goku learning Evil Containment Wave from Roshi, Vegito Blue, Arale episode, baseball episode, Saiyaman two-parter with Barry Kahn getting a voice, Goku and Krillin episodes, recruitment episodes, Caulifla and Kale, among a lot of other things.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:28 am

mecha3000 wrote:If anyone's interested in keeping up with the possible scheduling of Funi's Super home releases, I just updated it to include Part 8 now that thirteen episodes have since aired in Japan. I believe Part 8 will display Ultra Instinct Goku on the cover and I find it interesting that it PERFECTLY seems to end with episodes 109-110. What a way to make someone want Part 9, especially with the way Episode 110 ends with the cliffhanger.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to the following scenes being dubbed by Funimation (DUB SPOILERS AHEAD): Sean Schemmel's Goku Black and James Marsters' Zamasu (if he hasn't been replaced like Hit), Eric Vale doing more Future Trunks, Goku learning Evil Containment Wave from Roshi, Vegito Blue, Arale episode, baseball episode, Saiyaman two-parter with Barry Kahn getting a voice, Goku and Krillin episodes, recruitment episodes, Caulifla and Kale, among a lot of other things.
I have confirmation from a person in another thread who talked to another person in that thread who saw a bit of footage at a closed screening thing that was held recently that Marsters is still Zamasu & is a lot better than Xenoverse 2, which wasn't hard to do really.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:48 am

Scsigs wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:If anyone's interested in keeping up with the possible scheduling of Funi's Super home releases, I just updated it to include Part 8 now that thirteen episodes have since aired in Japan. I believe Part 8 will display Ultra Instinct Goku on the cover and I find it interesting that it PERFECTLY seems to end with episodes 109-110. What a way to make someone want Part 9, especially with the way Episode 110 ends with the cliffhanger.

I have confirmation from a person in another thread who talked to another person in that thread who saw a bit of footage at a closed screening thing that was held recently that Marsters is still Zamasu & is a lot better than Xenoverse 2, which wasn't hard to do really.
Alright, cool. I really am hoping his performance is iconic or at least memorable enough to finally remove him from the stink that Evolution has given his name. Zamasu is his chance to fully become a part of the DB franchise in a beloved manner. Plus, like others have said - It's ironic how he's played Piccolo and voiced Zamasu - both green enemies!!!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Part 3 should be out in January and if it is we'll find out on Monday. I think they may go with Champa or SSGSSKK Goku (hopefully the latter) because they already used Vegeta as the the 2nd disc art like the first set has Beerus on the 2nd disc.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:13 pm

mecha3000 wrote:Alright, cool. I really am hoping his performance is iconic or at least memorable enough to finally remove him from the stink that Evolution has given his name. Zamasu is his chance to fully become a part of the DB franchise in a beloved manner. Plus, like others have said - It's ironic how he's played Piccolo and voiced Zamasu - both green enemies!!!
Do people in this fandom REALLY hate Masters? I never really hated anyone from the cast of Evolution. I only thought a majority of them were horribly miscast in a poorly-written & directed movie adaptation of a popular franchise. I don't hate Marsters for what was, obviously, the writer's & director's faults. That's like saying any random Transformers live action movie sucks because of Shia LaBeouf or Mark Wahlberg rather than Michael Bay. In fact, there are actually more reasons to like him than hate him, such as him requesting Piccolo be digitally recolored green rather than the white he was on set, or the fact that he became a major fan because he did the research he did into the series before filming. In fact, he gave the only believable performance in the movie, now that I think about it, even though it wasn't that well-written a part.
I agree that him playing Zamasu will help with his reputation in the DB fandom, but it's not like being the best thing to come out of that abortion of a movie really hurt him a lot.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Part 3 should be out in January and if it is we'll find out on Monday. I think they may go with Champa or SSGSSKK Goku (hopefully the latter) because they already used Vegeta as the the 2nd disc art like the first set has Beerus on the 2nd disc.

They have been going with the Japanese covers and there is no cover with Champa or SSGSSKK Goku. I don't think they will use the disc art for the covers as its too small but I guess we will see.

I think Vegeta Blue will still be on the 3rd cover as it makes the most logical sense and the disc art will probably be Hit and Goku Blue (instead of Hit & Vegeta which it was in the Japanese release)

Future Trunks will most likely still be 4th
Vegetto will probably be 5 (ashame there is no cover with Goku Black)
Gohan will be 6 (I think they will skip the Zeno cover)

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:43 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Part 3 should be out in January and if it is we'll find out on Monday. I think they may go with Champa or SSGSSKK Goku (hopefully the latter) because they already used Vegeta as the the 2nd disc art like the first set has Beerus on the 2nd disc.
Wait, how do you know we'll find out Monday?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 am

mecha3000 wrote:Wait, how do you know we'll find out Monday?
That's when they usually make their announcments.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:03 am

mecha3000 wrote:
Wait, how do you know we'll find out Monday?
They usually announce solicits on the 15th of a month unless it's on a weekend then on the Monday.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:39 am

Your episode counts are off for the 13 episodes a set they are going with.

Part 3 (Hit) Ep. 27-39
Part 4 (Goku Black) 40-52
Part 5 (Ikari Trunks) 53-65
Part 6 (Vegetto Blue) 66-78
Part 7 (Ultimate Gohan) 79-91
Part 8 (Berserk Kale) 92-104
Part 9 (Ultra Instinct Goku or Jiren) 105-117

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:51 am

Kinokima wrote:

They have been going with the Japanese covers and there is no cover with Champa or SSGSSKK Goku. I don't think they will use the disc art for the covers as its too small but I guess we will see.

I think Vegeta Blue will still be on the 3rd cover as it makes the most logical sense and the disc art will probably be Hit and Goku Blue (instead of Hit & Vegeta which it was in the Japanese release)

I don't think 2 instances of them having same characters as the JPN covers is enough to call it a pattern yet, if the 3rd one is indeed Vegeta then it will seem increasingly likely they are trying to mirror to the JPN releases and anyway they aren't using the exact JPN covers so doesn't matter if there is no Champa or KK JPN cover.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

I don't think 2 instances of them having same characters as the JPN covers is enough to call it a pattern yet, if the 3rd one is indeed Vegeta then it will seem increasingly likely they are trying to mirror to the JPN releases and anyway they aren't using the exact JPN covers so doesn't matter if there is no Champa or KK JPN cover.

Well I looked more closely and you are right the Freeza is not the same Freeza that is on the Japanese cover. Now I wonder where they got that image from. The Goku is the same.

I don't think they will use Goku again so soon he was just on the first cover. Maybe Champa but usually they go with more well known characters and Vegeta was a big part of these episodes on this disc. It would be kind of weird if they skipped him for a cover. But I guess it's possible if they used him for disc art.

But this does give me hope they may have a Goku Black cover after all!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 am

Kinokima wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Well I looked more closely and you are right the Freeza is not the same Freeza that is on the Japanese cover. Now I wonder where they got that image from. The Goku is the same.

I don't think they will use Goku again so soon he was just on the first cover. Maybe Champa but usually they go with more well known characters and Vegeta was a big part of these episodes on this disc. It would be kind of weird if they skipped him for a cover. But I guess it's possible if they used him for disc art.

But this does give me hope they may have a Goku Black cover after all!
That Freeza for DBS Part 2 was actually taken from Resurrection "F" promo art haha, the exact same art of Freeza is on the back of the movie Blu-ray!! The SSG Goku has the same pose but the drawing is different, a complete new piece of art.

If they do go Vegeta, I hope a) It is not re-used RF art like Freeza and b) a different pose from the JPN cover.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:40 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: That Freeza for DBS Part 2 was actually taken from Resurrection "F" promo art haha, the exact same art of Freeza is on the back of the movie Blu-ray!! The SSG Goku has the same pose but the drawing is different, a complete new piece of art.

If they do go Vegeta, I hope a) It is not re-used RF art like Freeza and b) a different pose from the JPN cover.
The US Bluray doesn't have that Freeza art, can you show me what you're talking about?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:48 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: That Freeza for DBS Part 2 was actually taken from Resurrection "F" promo art haha, the exact same art of Freeza is on the back of the movie Blu-ray!! The SSG Goku has the same pose but the drawing is different, a complete new piece of art.

The US Bluray doesn't have that Freeza art, can you show me what you're talking about?
Ah, I have the Australian BD for RF movie, not home so can't snap a pic but you can see the same Freeza art here on the CE for FUNi's RF movie:
[spoiler]Image
DBS Part 2:
Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Welp. Looks like no DBS Part 3 in January :(

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Welp. Looks like no DBS Part 3 in January :(

I am so disappointed. Maybe they pushed it back a month for some reason :(

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:25 am

Kinokima wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Welp. Looks like no DBS Part 3 in January :(

I am so disappointed. Maybe they pushed it back a month for some reason :(
probably because of all the breaks that Toonami keeps doing.