"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1255
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:16 pm

I think y'all were biting the bait a bit too hard there. Look at the grammar in that person's post again and tell me what they were saying deserved to be taken seriously.

I like that each home release of Super has so far featured a different character. It gives each part more of a sense of identity. I'm sure it would have been tempting to just spackle on different forms of Goku and Vegeta as is so often the case with this franchise nowadays. They even used Fused Zamasu on #6 when they could have just as easily gone with Vegetto! They had safe popular fusion boy right there, and they went with a green ogre dude with a melted face, maniacal grin and laser sword hand. That's respectable.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:48 pm

Not really a FUNimation release, but I don't want to open up a new thread for just this. Here's the Blu-ray case for Madman's release of Broly:
Image
I actually prefer the way they've composited the artwork here compared to the official poster. They used the Saiyan pod to seperate the two sides of Broly. Really neat.

JB Hi-Fi will release an exclusive steel case version of the movie that includes both the Blu-ray and DVD. They will also have an exclusive version of the Blu-ray with Gogeta artwork.

I'm definitely going to pick up the steel case release. Now fingers crossed that we don't get the green tint as well.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10156
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:00 am
Kafla would have made a more fitting cover, for sure. The Caulifla one works pretty well too, though I admit, I'm honestly surprised they didn't go with Android 17 simply because of his part in the finale of the arc. It would make the most sense to use him on the last set as a result, but I'm betting anything that last set is going to get Ultra Instinct Goku, with Set Nine getting Jiren.
It's why FUNi not using reversible covers was a missed opportunity for sure. There were so many international art pieces commissioned for DBS so it's not like there wasn't much art for them to use, in fact they use diff artwork on the discs anyway!

Anyway I asked MangaUK if they could give us Base Caulfila for our cover, hopefully they can pull through with that for us!

User avatar
Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:32 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 pm
Anyway I asked MangaUK if they could give us Base Caulfila for our cover, hopefully they can pull through with that for us!
That would be good, hopefully they keep the pink too as in this day and age I don't see why the male fans would have a problem with the colour if used appropriately, and both Funi and Manga missed a great opportunity with the Goku Black arc especially when his Rose form ccould have been used.

Hope Manga UK gets part 7 out soon though, its been too long.
Trying to pitch Rock The Dragon to Manga UK

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10156
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:32 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 pm
Anyway I asked MangaUK if they could give us Base Caulfila for our cover, hopefully they can pull through with that for us!
That would be good, hopefully they keep the pink too as in this day and age I don't see why the male fans would have a problem with the colour if used appropriately, and both Funi and Manga missed a great opportunity with the Goku Black arc especially when his Rose form ccould have been used.

Hope Manga UK gets part 7 out soon though, its been too long.
Nobody in Europe has gotten to the ToP stuff yet for home video seems Toei Europe put all their efforts for Broly and tbh I don't mid waiting.

There were about 5 or 6 international art pieces for Vegetto Blue and Manga decided to go for the one Base Vegetto so I am confident they can get Base Caulifla done!

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:22 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by AzuraRacon » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:09 pm

I wound up having Part 8 shipped to me way early lol

If anyone’s got any questions, I guess?

This is the first set where an entire characters supposed to be redubbed and all so

User avatar
supersaiyandoctor
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:22 pm

AzuraRacon wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:09 pm
I wound up having Part 8 shipped to me way early lol

If anyone’s got any questions, I guess?

This is the first set where an entire characters supposed to be redubbed and all so
I'm interested in hearing Ayres version of the lines dubbed by Mills and whether they change any dialogue. Have you watched it yet?

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:22 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by AzuraRacon » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:28 am

I’ve gone over a few scenes and nothing immediately stands out in terms of script changes

Ayers is definitely here, but it does sound like a few lines are still Mills, not that I'm complaining about that

I haven’t had the chance to do a side-by-side or anything to be sure

User avatar
PremiumSalt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by PremiumSalt » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:45 pm

AzuraRacon wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:28 am
Ayers is definitely here, but it does sound like a few lines are still Mills, not that I'm complaining about that
Really? That's interesting. Is Mills listed in the credits at all? Because I'm pretty sure he was credited when he did a few lines for the RoF episodes.
Avid Star Wars, Dragon Ball, and DC Fan.

Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Tournament of Power 8. 21st Budōkai 9. Broly 10. Battle of Gods 11. Boo 12. U6 Tournament 13. Freeza 14. Red Ribbon Army 15. Artificial Humans/Cell 16.Golden Freeza

Star Wars Rankings: 1. ROTS 2. TLJ 3. RO 4. TESB 5. ROTJ 6. ANH 7. TFA 8. SOLO 9. TPM 10. AOTC

DCEU Rankings: 1. WW 2. AQM 3. BVS 4. JL 5. MOS 6. SS
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

User avatar
obiwan23s
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by obiwan23s » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Just finished watching the Part 8 BD dubbed. Ayres is credited for Freeza in all episodes he appears in. Sounds like it's him too.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:44 pm

obiwan23s wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:49 pm
Just finished watching the Part 8 BD dubbed. Ayres is credited for Freeza in all episodes he appears in. Sounds like it's him too.
Whoever took over must've done a good job if he's so similar you have to look at the credits to see if it's him or Ayres.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FallenSaiyan31
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by FallenSaiyan31 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:48 pm

Apparently leaked by someone on Instagram called msdbzbabe Dragon Ball Part 9 will be available October 8th on bluray.

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1255
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 pm

MsDBZbabe is always good for this stuff.

Anyway, gonna be ol' Jim on the cover.
Image


User avatar
PremiumSalt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:36 pm

I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that Part 10 will be out in early 2020, with one more episode than usual.

(Unless 2uper has premiered by then, in which case who knows, maybe they'll have 13 episodes as usual and 131 will be the first episode of part 11, as stupid as that would be.)
Avid Star Wars, Dragon Ball, and DC Fan.

Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Tournament of Power 8. 21st Budōkai 9. Broly 10. Battle of Gods 11. Boo 12. U6 Tournament 13. Freeza 14. Red Ribbon Army 15. Artificial Humans/Cell 16.Golden Freeza

Star Wars Rankings: 1. ROTS 2. TLJ 3. RO 4. TESB 5. ROTJ 6. ANH 7. TFA 8. SOLO 9. TPM 10. AOTC

DCEU Rankings: 1. WW 2. AQM 3. BVS 4. JL 5. MOS 6. SS
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

User avatar
Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:01 am

Kataphrut wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 pm
MsDBZbabe is always good for this stuff.

Anyway, gonna be ol' Jim on the cover.
Image
Nice, hopefully Manga UK can get this licensed before christmas, or Funimation can release it here through them.
PremiumSalt wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:36 pm
I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that Part 10 will be out in early 2020, with one more episode than usual.

(Unless 2uper has premiered by then, in which case who knows, maybe they'll have 13 episodes as usual and 131 will be the first episode of part 11, as stupid as that would be.)
I'd say Part 10 will have 14 episodes. 2uper will more than likely be to Super what The Final Chapters is to Kai.
Trying to pitch Rock The Dragon to Manga UK

User avatar
TheMajinRedComet
Regular
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:56 pm
Location: Space

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:56 pm

So we can probably assume that ui goku will be on the final cover. It would be great if they threw us a curve ball and put 17 on the cover. :thumbup:
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

User avatar
supersaiyandoctor
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:05 pm

I have Collection set #1 which contains episodes 1 - 52. It contains Parts 1 - 4

I wonder how they will release the next collectors set. As a massive 79 episode set containing sets 5 - 10 or Collection 2 with 52 episodes with a small 27 episode Part 3.

I think they might do it as a massive set like the Dragon Ball Collection sets, which had 83 episodes in Collection 1.

Post Reply