Gohan & Piccolo TOP

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PiccoloG

Gohan & Piccolo TOP

Post by PiccoloG » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:19 am

When do you think these two will get a major fight in the tournament. It's been a couple of episodes now and they've barely had any action. All Gohan's done is deflect a shot and Piccolo just took his turban off! Even 18 & Krillin had more action. I just hope they ditch Roshi & Tien and actually fight actual battles one on one or even as a duo. Plus whay battles would you like to see them participate in?
My hopes for Gohan:
1) Gohan V Toppo (will be nice to see him fight a top tier U11 character aside from Jiren)
2) Gohan V Hit (again another god tier character, for his first true fight in Super)

My hopes for Piccolo:
1) Piccolo V Frost (a good rematch, plus would be a more even match now that Piccolo is a lot stronger)
2) Piccolo V Dyspo or one of the weaker Pride Troopers

My hopes for both Gohan & Piccolo
- Teaming up against the U6 Saiyans
- Fighting some of the U3 modified warriors

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Gohan & Piccolo TOP

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 am

PiccoloG wrote:When do you think these two will get a major fight in the tournament. It's been a couple of episodes now and they've barely had any action. All Gohan's done is deflect a shot and Piccolo just took his turban off! Even 18 & Krillin had more action. I just hope they ditch Roshi & Tien and actually fight actual battles one on one or even as a duo. Plus whay battles would you like to see them participate in?
My hopes for Gohan:
1) Gohan V Toppo (will be nice to see him fight a top tier U11 character aside from Jiren)
2) Gohan V Hit (again another god tier character, for his first true fight in Super)

My hopes for Piccolo:
1) Piccolo V Frost (a good rematch, plus would be a more even match now that Piccolo is a lot stronger)
2) Piccolo V Dyspo or one of the weaker Pride Troopers

My hopes for both Gohan & Piccolo
- Teaming up against the U6 Saiyans
- Fighting some of the U3 modified warriors
Only major solo fight I see Piccolo possibly having is against Frost. Outside of that, nah. I feel any major fight he'd have is teaming up with Gohan with someone. Personally, I'm more interested in Roshi than Piccolo. Piccolo's role this saga is pretty lame imo. Gohan is clearly being saved for later, and Piccolo is probably going to be the sacrificial lamb for Gohan once again.

I don't see Gohan fighting Hitto, but I think Toppo might be a person he fights.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:19 pm

I was wondering the same thing about Gohan because I peeked at the summary of Episode 102 and there's no mention of Gohan.

Personally, while I do want to see Gohan in action right now, I'm totally fine with the plan Gohan has in place to stay back until someone attacks his group. I get that the writers are saving Gohan for later this way and I'm ok with that because hopefully that means he might get some crucial scenes down the road which will be more meaningful than knocking off the Shosa's of the ToP.

Before the tournament started I was trying not to raise my expectations for Gohan. But I had said that the highest expectation I would put on Gohan is that he fights and takes out either Cabba, Dyspo or Ganos. Cabba mirrors Gohan the most because Caulifla and Kale have surpassed Cabba just as Goku and Vegeta are ahead of Gohan. I know Cabba searches out Vegeta a lot but to me Cabba is the Gohan of the U6 Saiyan trio. I can make a similar connection to Dyspo and Gohan. Toppo and Jiren are the clearcut leaders of the Pride Troopers with Dyspo likely the third strongest there. Gohan might be behind Golden Frieza and even Android 17 but he would probably match up well against Dypso from U11's top trio. And as for Ganos, I have a feeling he has some trick up his sleeve that will get Goku in major trouble and it will take the wits of Gohan to save Goku. Therefore I'd like to see this battle of wit between Ganos and Gohan. I feel like all the other characters that we know of like Hit, Toppo and Jiren are all main characters and already have matchups set for them while these characters I've named kinda don't.

Btw I really want to see Toppo vs Frieza because it's the ultimate clash of personality and I have no idea who's stronger
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:19 pm

I would be really sad to see Piccolo end up just being sacrificial fodder for Gohan, again, just to motivate Gohan with rage. Piccolo can hang with SSJ2, if we're being truthful, Piccolo could fought Caulifla with the same casual dismissal Goku did and giving Piccolo such an interesting, high-profile match up that he looks great in would do wonders for his image. Beerus knows he sorely needs a little love.

As for Gohan, his Ultimate form is totally badass. Certainly behind Goku and Vegeta. I think Frieza is arguably stronger even than Goku (until, of course, Goku asspulls his limit-breaker form), but regardless, he's also gotta be stronger than Gohan too, but I'll be disappointed if Ultimate Gohan isn't right behind those top 3 in the Universe 7 roster. Android 17 is cool, and I expect him to be powerful, but Ultimate Gohan should probably be equal to him or stronger.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:42 pm

More than anything, I would enjoy watching Gohan and Piccolo's collaborative strategising pay off with some consequential eliminations made to the rosters of opposing universes. We should be witnessing Piccolo's ingenuity combined with Gohan's notorious potential strength overcome the likes of an SSJB tier fighter, perhaps even stronger if their brainstorming was multilayered and factorial enough to account for any possible retaliatory action by the enemy.

Individually, giving Piccolo multiple eliminations sounds good on paper. With how much of the competition has already been removed from play, though, I don't want to see Universe 7 siphoning off even larger portions of the competition just to sate our desires. No more than perhaps five competitors maximum should be given to him, in my opinion. Most of the rest needs to be eliminated through the efforts of other universes barring U6. You know that so far Basil is the only non U6/7 competitor to ring anyone out? It's a sad reflection of how restrictive in scope and attention to detail this tournament actually is.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:14 pm

I would love to see Gohan being thrown out off the stage by Toppo hands or weak characters that are on his level [maybe the Dyspho guy from U11]

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Ziegander wrote:I would be really sad to see Piccolo end up just being sacrificial fodder for Gohan, again, just to motivate Gohan with rage. Piccolo can hang with SSJ2, if we're being truthful, Piccolo could fought Caulifla with the same casual dismissal Goku did and giving Piccolo such an interesting, high-profile match up that he looks great in would do wonders for his image. Beerus knows he sorely needs a little love.

As for Gohan, his Ultimate form is totally badass. Certainly behind Goku and Vegeta. I think Frieza is arguably stronger even than Goku (until, of course, Goku asspulls his limit-breaker form), but regardless, he's also gotta be stronger than Gohan too, but I'll be disappointed if Ultimate Gohan isn't right behind those top 3 in the Universe 7 roster. Android 17 is cool, and I expect him to be powerful, but Ultimate Gohan should probably be equal to him or stronger.
Nothing makes Freeza stronger than Goku at the moment.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:17 pm

I really believe Gohan should be written out of the story. His involvement is very forced.
He fitted in fine just being a scholar. He already had his "hey days."
TOEI just through him back in the fray due to the Gohan fandom.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:22 am

Gohan is clearly being saved for the end of the tournament just like Jiren, Toppo and Hit are, so I have no idea why people are whining.

Piccolo on the other hand really does have to do something soon. Hopefully he gets at least two big battles.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:25 am

Miracles wrote:I really believe Gohan should be written out of the story. His involvement is very forced.
He fitted in fine just being a scholar. He already had his "hey days."
TOEI just through him back in the fray due to the Gohan fandom.
Do you really believe it would be in character for Gohan to not be involved and train for a tournament in which the survival of his universe is at stake?

I guess you might be confusing him with some other character.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:34 am

I agree that Gohan is being saved more towards the end, with his build up and the ending implies that he will be next Goku in the final fight.

As for Piccolo, I figured he'll be eliminated soon but not before he takes out some guys. Hopefully he'll get a centric episode like Krillin did.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:42 am

If they waste Piccolo in this tournament again, they should just admit he is harder to animate and put him to rest for good.

Toei toying around with fans expectations.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:37 am

Lionel wrote:More than anything, I would enjoy watching Gohan and Piccolo's collaborative strategising pay off with some consequential eliminations made to the rosters of opposing universes. We should be witnessing Piccolo's ingenuity combined with Gohan's notorious potential strength overcome the likes of an SSJB tier fighter, perhaps even stronger if their brainstorming was multilayered and factorial enough to account for any possible retaliatory action by the enemy.

Individually, giving Piccolo multiple eliminations sounds good on paper. With how much of the competition has already been removed from play, though, I don't want to see Universe 7 siphoning off even larger portions of the competition just to sate our desires. No more than perhaps five competitors maximum should be given to him, in my opinion. Most of the rest needs to be eliminated through the efforts of other universes barring U6. You know that so far Basil is the only non U6/7 competitor to ring anyone out? It's a sad reflection of how restrictive in scope and attention to detail this tournament actually is.
But a Piccolo and Gohan combo couldn't even pushed base form Gohan out of the ring in Episode 90. Seems pushing out a fighter up to par with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku is stretching it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:59 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lionel wrote:More than anything, I would enjoy watching Gohan and Piccolo's collaborative strategising pay off with some consequential eliminations made to the rosters of opposing universes. We should be witnessing Piccolo's ingenuity combined with Gohan's notorious potential strength overcome the likes of an SSJB tier fighter, perhaps even stronger if their brainstorming was multilayered and factorial enough to account for any possible retaliatory action by the enemy.

But a Piccolo and Gohan combo couldn't even pushed base form Gohan out of the ring in Episode 90. Seems pushing out a fighter up to par with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku is stretching it.
You mean base form Goku, I think, who is essentially God Goku anyway, which is immensely powerful, and Gohan wasn't even remotely fully powered up yet. I'd also argue that powering up an idiotically over-telegraphed attack is far from the height of Piccolo's ingenuity, but we'll see how far Toei Animations wants to stretch things. I don't think it's that far out of the realm of possibility for fully powered Ultimate Gohan teamed up with Piccolo to take out an SSJBKK level fighter if they put their minds to it. That said, I highly, highly doubt we'll see that happen either.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:49 pm

With all the Gohan wanking TOEI has been doing, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's the last one next to Goku. I have no problem with that and eagerly await it as a Gohan fan, but I wish he had more build-up and more of a "coming back" instead of just "hey you're super powerful now all of a sudden again!" Like, what exactly did Gohan even do to being so weak he couldn't go Super Saiyan for that long in RoF to somehow being on or near SSB Goku level? I know we saw like, two whole scenes of him training with Piccolo in the U6 and FT arc, but is that it? Did his off screen training allow him to get that powerful? Or was it merely training with Piccolo for a few hours that somehow did it?

Gohan has a bad reputation of getting bullshit power ups for no reason (Ultimate form) but at least they tried to explain how that worked. This time it's just... yep, you're super powerful all of a sudden somehow, congrats, go get em' tiger.

Him and Piccolo better do some sick teamwork shit though since they were hyping them up for that.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:04 am

Ziegander wrote:
You mean base form Goku, I think, who is essentially God Goku anyway, which is immensely powerful, and Gohan wasn't even remotely fully powered up yet. I'd also argue that powering up an idiotically over-telegraphed attack is far from the height of Piccolo's ingenuity, but we'll see how far Toei Animations wants to stretch things. I don't think it's that far out of the realm of possibility for fully powered Ultimate Gohan teamed up with Piccolo to take out an SSJBKK level fighter if they put their minds to it. That said, I highly, highly doubt we'll see that happen either.
Gohan was in his base form, which is now about even with Goku's base. Gohan got a lot stronger since Piccolo strangled him. My point, Gohan and Piccolo did a combo attack on Goku that did nothing. Gohan's surprised attack didn't even land.

Again, base form Goku not sold Piccolo's attack in base and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken one-shotted Ultimate Gohan. I don't see them overpower as strong as that. At best, they can take out someone almost Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku's level.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:17 pm

HeroR wrote:
Ziegander wrote:
Gohan was in his base form, which is now about even with Goku's base. Gohan got a lot stronger since Piccolo strangled him. My point, Gohan and Piccolo did a combo attack on Goku that did nothing. Gohan's surprised attack didn't even land.

Again, base form Goku not sold Piccolo's attack in base and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken one-shotted Ultimate Gohan. I don't see them overpower as strong as that. At best, they can take out someone almost Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku's level.
Of course it did nothing.....he is softer than cottonelle tissue

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Piccolo could be in SS2 level by now, I'm sure he'll get something before being eliminated, which will happen in some point. U6 hidden warriors look like namekians to me. Of course, he is not in the league of Goku, Hit or Toppo, but that doesn't make him weak, just comparing to them.

Gohan ultimate was the strongest non fused being in the Boo arc, he unlocked that power again, so that's something. I'm sure he'll get his good fights too and maybe another power up.
Heno heno kappa!

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:12 pm

I expect Piccolo to be eliminated this weekend and i hope Jiren can crush Gohan's skull to make a statement. I strongly believe that that Gohan bum won't be in the last 4 fighters.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:I expect Piccolo to be eliminated this weekend and i hope Jiren can crush Gohan's skull to make a statement. I strongly believe that that Gohan bum won't be in the last 4 fighters.
Man I'm not a fan of these comments, is not because you want Gohan be eliminated rather saying stuff I hope this character get beat up brutally or get killed for no reason other than the fact you hate that character because reasons
    On to the topic,I think Gohan will be eliminated by toppo or jiren meanwhile piccolo is probably gonna lose to u10 by looking preview of 102 and summary from the new ep ,because why Gohan is targeting u10,it could be piccolo being eleminated by u10 or hes struggling with them
    Mostly active on discord.