Would you be ok if Freeza eliminated all the u6 saiyans?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Would you be ok if Freeza eliminated all the u6 saiyans?

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:15 am

TBMx wrote: I've also noticed a disturbing trend of dudes reacting to female characters who get pushed and put over, by creating very violent scenarios. The stuff in this thread I have heard before. Characters like Rey, Caulifla, Kale, even some of mine etc. These include ripping their breasts off, grabbing them by the breasts and hurling them into rocks, cutting their heads off, dismemberment, and so on. It's treated as a joke as well. I really do see it a lot and I wonder what causes this really sick level violence in these responses.
This isn't something to do with female characters. It's a thing to do with characters people don't like. For instance, I'd LOVE to see modern Goku brutally murdered. Don't make it a gender thing because it simply isnt.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:22 am

Freeza should tell Caulifa that he could defeat them with his hands tied behind his back; a nod to the Namek saga. And as they begin to fight he should use his hands instantly delivering brutal blow after brutal blow. All of which was just his way of saying " I've learned from my mistakes"

Gives him edge and shows maturity.. I can go on for days on how Freeza can steal the show.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:33 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
TBMx wrote: I've also noticed a disturbing trend of dudes reacting to female characters who get pushed and put over, by creating very violent scenarios. The stuff in this thread I have heard before. Characters like Rey, Caulifla, Kale, even some of mine etc. These include ripping their breasts off, grabbing them by the breasts and hurling them into rocks, cutting their heads off, dismemberment, and so on. It's treated as a joke as well. I really do see it a lot and I wonder what causes this really sick level violence in these responses.
This isn't something to do with female characters. It's a thing to do with characters people don't like. For instance, I'd LOVE to see modern Goku brutally murdered. Don't make it a gender thing because it simply isnt.
I've seen it with female characters people haven't even read or seen yet. Just heard about.
That's wishful thinking on your part if you think they're "protected" because Kale and Caulifla are somehow magically making large numbers of girls watch Dragon Ball (which I doubt). They aren't written well enough to warrant such a demographic change.
The intent from Toei is to have sisters sit down and watch with their brothers and ask for Dragonball toys, when previously they would not have cared. You think kids care about the finer points of the writing craft? Seriously?

Dragonball is a business and major studios do things like this for money. They don't think, "Let's do some bad writing today". No, Kale and Caulifla is an attempt to correct what market research has told them is a missing demographic. That's why they're having such a huge push while Cabba has has very little.

Whether or not that attempt has been successful isn't the point. When a major studio suddenly includes two stylish, pretty female characters that rapidly advance in a previously male dominated show, I guaranfrickintee it's business. Not for "bad writing".

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Freeza is doing his own thing. He doesn't have a motive to get revenge on the Saiyans this arc but to manipulate the gods in a way as we see in Episode 95. He even stated he wanted to reign over Zenoh (paraphrasing). I wouldn't mind if Freeza took out Cabbe, Caulifla, or Kale, but they're with Goku and Vegeta at the moment and I'm pretty sure they want these three around until they get knocked out by someone. I just want to see more development between the five Saiyans and see Freeza do his own thing with Frost because we know Freeza and Frost form a scheme. It's whatever.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:49 pm

I want a Caulifla vs Freeza or Caulifla vs Frost fight. She's supposed to be the U6 counterpart to Goku, so it'd be fitting.

Only this time, Freeza would be the one to win the fight against the dirty monkey.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:19 pm

TheOne wrote:It's hard to think that you have an unbiased view when you have a U6 Saiyan as a profile pic.

Personally I think it's very possible Frieza will ring them out. They have to lose at some point since they're not going to be the last ones standing.

What's really going to bother me is if Kale transforms and she gets wrecked by Frieza. If that happens, I'll wonder why the heck did they let SSB get tossed around like that? I don't care if he's able to control his Ki. It would've been slightly more realistic for a SSJ2 to get tossed around.

Anyways, I like the idea of it happening. Since he will never kill Goku again, doing this would be the next best thing.
Ok, so first off lets deal with this out the gate. Please do not try and take the fact I have Caulifla as a Profile Pic and try to use that to discredit my opinion. You can like something and still put forth a rather unbias opinion about it. If you disagree with me, that's fine, just say it. Don't try to say I'm bias and blinded or something to discredit me. Attack the argument, not the person. So let's just stop that right there cause it's rude and intellectually dishonest. You might as well be yelling FAKE NEWS at me.

Secondly, yeah, they eventually are gonna get knocked out. Unless something bonkers happens in the writing room, it's an unavoidable thing. But, I would rather they get knocked out by something other then Freeza, because it would just be pure unashamed pandering fan service for him to knock them out. Heck, if he did knock them out, I am 100% sure they will try and frame the shot to look like when Freeza blew up planet Vegeta. In my opinion, it would serve better if they were knocked out by one of the other major players from the other universes. You know, cause measuring stick.

Or for all we know, the tournament is gonna get interrupted before they get knocked out by the big villain of this arc and everybody gotta team up to stop it. Who knows. Let's just let the show unfold for now. But to answer the topic question, no, I wouldn't be ok with Freeza knocking them out.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:45 pm

voltlunok wrote: Ok, so first off lets deal with this out the gate. Please do not try and take the fact I have Caulifla as a Profile Pic and try to use that to discredit my opinion. You can like something and still put forth a rather unbias opinion about it. If you disagree with me, that's fine, just say it. Don't try to say I'm bias and blinded or something to discredit me. Attack the argument, not the person. So let's just stop that right there cause it's rude and intellectually dishonest. You might as well be yelling FAKE NEWS at me.

Secondly, yeah, they eventually are gonna get knocked out. Unless something bonkers happens in the writing room, it's an unavoidable thing. But, I would rather they get knocked out by something other then Freeza, because it would just be pure unashamed pandering fan service for him to knock them out. Heck, if he did knock them out, I am 100% sure they will try and frame the shot to look like when Freeza blew up planet Vegeta. In my opinion, it would serve better if they were knocked out by one of the other major players from the other universes. You know, cause measuring stick.

Or for all we know, the tournament is gonna get interrupted before they get knocked out by the big villain of this arc and everybody gotta team up to stop it. Who knows. Let's just let the show unfold for now. But to answer the topic question, no, I wouldn't be ok with Freeza knocking them out.
How so? Unless U6 wins the tournament, they do have to get knocked out eventually. Looking at how the tournament is developing, we're running out of characters who are strong enough to defeat the Saiyan pair, especially if they fight together. Not to mention, it apparently only takes Kale a minute before she recovers her stamina. Caulifla has the power of a SSJ2 and Kale's power goes far beyond that.

I don't know if you're caught up on spoilers but [spoiler]Gohan eliminates U10, and the rest of U7 handles U2.[/spoiler]
You're running out of options on who can eliminate the Saiyan pair. Jiren already beat Kale easily, so they've already been used to showcase his strength. Goku's already had a full episode of playing with them. Teamwork seems to be negated when confronted by overwhelming power.

They don't have to be eliminated by Frieza, but it's not such terrible writing as to be written off as fanservice. Frieza eliminating them makes U7 that much closer to victory. It's not like he'd be going out of his way, it's what he's supposed to do.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Not all of them, but at least one would be perfect. For example, Cabba.
Heno heno kappa!

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:03 pm

I'd be very happy if he took out just Kale, I think the other U6 Saiyans are cool. :P
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:47 am

voltlunok wrote:
TheOne wrote:It's hard to think that you have an unbiased view when you have a U6 Saiyan as a profile pic.

Personally I think it's very possible Frieza will ring them out. They have to lose at some point since they're not going to be the last ones standing.

What's really going to bother me is if Kale transforms and she gets wrecked by Frieza. If that happens, I'll wonder why the heck did they let SSB get tossed around like that? I don't care if he's able to control his Ki. It would've been slightly more realistic for a SSJ2 to get tossed around.

Anyways, I like the idea of it happening. Since he will never kill Goku again, doing this would be the next best thing.
Ok, so first off lets deal with this out the gate. Please do not try and take the fact I have Caulifla as a Profile Pic and try to use that to discredit my opinion. You can like something and still put forth a rather unbias opinion about it. If you disagree with me, that's fine, just say it. Don't try to say I'm bias and blinded or something to discredit me. Attack the argument, not the person. So let's just stop that right there cause it's rude and intellectually dishonest. You might as well be yelling FAKE NEWS at me.

The big "villain" of this arc is universal erasure itself.

And I look forward to U6 being erased, quite frankly.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:29 am

TBMx wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
I've seen it with female characters people haven't even read or seen yet. Just heard about.
That's wishful thinking on your part if you think they're "protected" because Kale and Caulifla are somehow magically making large numbers of girls watch Dragon Ball (which I doubt). They aren't written well enough to warrant such a demographic change.
The intent from Toei is to have sisters sit down and watch with their brothers and ask for Dragonball toys, when previously they would not have cared. You think kids care about the finer points of the writing craft? Seriously?

Dragonball is a business and major studios do things like this for money. They don't think, "Let's do some bad writing today". No, Kale and Caulifla is an attempt to correct what market research has told them is a missing demographic. That's why they're having such a huge push while Cabba has has very little.

Whether or not that attempt has been successful isn't the point. When a major studio suddenly includes two stylish, pretty female characters that rapidly advance in a previously male dominated show, I guaranfrickintee it's business. Not for "bad writing".
So your point about it being gender driven was disproven so you come back with a random assertion and no evidence? One of my favorite lines is I hope Gohan catches a death beam to the face. Though to be fair hes the closest thing we had to a female Saiyan before this arc....on point though its a common thing to want characters to be eliminated in a Shonen series.

If this was a cooking anime and someone said that...yeah thats issue
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:58 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
TBMx wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: This isn't something to do with female characters. It's a thing to do with characters people don't like. For instance, I'd LOVE to see modern Goku brutally murdered. Don't make it a gender thing because it simply isnt.

So your point about it being gender driven was disproven so you come back with a random assertion and no evidence? One of my favorite lines is I hope Gohan catches a death beam to the face. Though to be fair hes the closest thing we had to a female Saiyan before this arc....on point though its a common thing to want characters to be eliminated in a Shonen series.

If this was a cooking anime and someone said that...yeah thats issue
A disagreement =/= proof.
It would be nice if Frieza could cut off Caulifla's head to make Kale angry and then, kill Kale as well by ripping her heart off. That would be a cool scene.
Cabba left out of that excessively violent scenario from an earlier poster^.

I don't care about "proving" what I saw, this isn't an academic paper and you ain't my professor. While posters on forums will say they want to see annoying characters of both genders dead, the really sick shit (like the above) gets reserved for the female characters. The so called "Mary Sues", who in actuality are just female characters who are pushed as much as the dudes.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:20 am

TBMx wrote:
It would be nice if Frieza could cut off Caulifla's head to make Kale angry and then, kill Kale as well by ripping her heart off. That would be a cool scene.

I don't care about "proving" what I saw, this isn't an academic paper and you ain't my professor. While posters on forums will say they want to see annoying characters of both genders dead, the really sick shit (like the above) gets reserved for the female characters. The so called "Mary Sues", who in actuality are just female characters who are pushed as much as the dudes.
Simple. Most people actually LIKE Cabba.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:33 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
TBMx wrote:

I wouldn't say most people "like" Cabba.

It's just that Cabba doesn't make people lose their minds because he hasn't bullshitted any power ups like Kale or Caulifla have. Nor does he make people outright not watch Dragon Ball Super.

I still detest the kid and hope Frieza tortures him as well, and I'm sure plenty feel the same.

It's not an issue of gender...at all. You have just as many people rushing to Caulifla's defense at the slightest bit of criticism while they don't give the slightest f*ck if the same things are said about Cabba.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:50 pm

I'd love for it to happen. Probably him beating Cabba would get a reaction out of Vegeta. Beat Cabba so hard Cannibal Corpse could write a song about it. Since Caulifla likes to give a smug smile, he could give her a Glasgow smile and pull a Black Dahlia on her. Freeza could throw some disc attacks on Kale and dismember her.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
TBMx wrote:

I wouldn't say most people "like" Cabba.

It's just that Cabba doesn't make people lose their minds because he hasn't bullshitted any power ups like Kale or Caulifla have. Nor does he make people outright not watch Dragon Ball Super.

I still detest the kid and hope Frieza tortures him as well, and I'm sure plenty feel the same.

It's not an issue of gender...at all. You have just as many people rushing to Caulifla's defense at the slightest bit of criticism while they don't give the slightest f*ck if the same things are said about Cabba.
This is probably more accurate actually, because I'm not exactly Cabba's biggest fan either. To me he's just kinda... Tolerable? :P

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:56 am

Honestly, I'll be OK with this. I don't like those pathetic ass-pulls which Caulifla and (especially) Kale got.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:09 am

Mercenary wrote:Honestly, I'll be OK with this. I don't like those pathetic ass-pulls which Caulifla and (especially) Kale got.
You said it!
The ass-pull Saiyans have got to GO! :twisted:

So yeah I'm okay with it. :thumbup: