Interesting/better/different changes you'd make to the original story using Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Interesting/better/different changes you'd make to the original story using Super?

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:51 am

Like for example, had Toriyama known Beerus would be a thing.

I think the end of the Buu arc could of ended on a cliff hanger. As soon as Buu is defeated, Beerus shows up on Kaioshin's world. He reveals he was standing by to take care of Buu just in case and was observing because of a premonition he recently had. Then of course BOG plays out in a similar way minus the birthday party or what have you.

It would look like he was also attempting to do his job along with Kaioshin.

What other ideas/lore invented in Super could you apply to previous arcs in Dragonball?

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Interesting/better/different changes you'd make to the original story using Super?

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:38 am

make beerus appear in the manga

give goku ssj red to defeat buu instead of fusion

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Interesting/better/different changes you'd make to the original story using Super?

Post by Xeogran » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:15 pm

I would hint at Freeza's insane strength gain. Something like King Cold mentioning it on Earth:

"If only my son Freeza wasn't so self-confident, he could have dedicated his time to train himself in order to wipe all of you at once."

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:34 pm

If Freeza was gonna have his own arc, I would have mecha Freeza train off-screen, maybe cut to him every dozen or so chapters just so the audience is reminded of what he's doing (maybe even have his own mini-arc). King Cold can come to Earth alone and get sliced by Trunks instead.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:59 am

So does that mean you'd want to see a mecha Golden Freeza? That would of been interesting.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:21 am

I would add just a line between King Cold and Freeza when they go to Earth for revenge:
- "I wish I could transform just like you. By the way, you should have taken your time, son. You know that with your talent you could get much stronger than this if you trained just for a little"
- "I know, father, but my strength as it is now is well enough to handle that Super Saiyan. In the end he's just a normal Super Saiyan, he isn't a Super Saiyan God!"

This exchange would confirm Freeza as a prodigy way back, confirm King Cold isn't one and can't even transform and also foreshadow SSG and the events of RoF.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Not to shamelessly self-promote TOO much, but knowing what we do now, I'm working on a "counter-factual" fan-fiction that has Goku actually die after Planet Namek explodes and since North Kai says he doesn't have jurisdiction over Namek, give that jurisdiction over to West Kai and then make Goku's and Krillin's souls unable to be transferred to Earth's afterlife without new crazy afterlife shenanigans. My idea pits Tien, Chioutzu, and Yamcha against Pikkon, Tapkar, and Maraikoh in a three-on-three tournament to decide whether West Kai will allow Goku and Krillin's souls to be moved at all. Then the android saga begins with only Gohan, Piccolo, and Vegeta to respond to the coming threat and by the end of it I want to have Krillin, Tien, Chioutzu, and Yamcha to all be badasses with new movesets and power levels set into motion by their otherworldly journeys.
Doctor. wrote:If Freeza was gonna have his own arc, I would have mecha Freeza train off-screen, maybe cut to him every dozen or so chapters just so the audience is reminded of what he's doing (maybe even have his own mini-arc). King Cold can come to Earth alone and get sliced by Trunks instead.
Actually, I rather like this.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!