Being erased really isnt that bad.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Euoplocephalus

Being erased really isnt that bad.

Post by Euoplocephalus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:44 pm

It would just be like you never existed. You woudnt feel any pain or anything.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Re: Being erased really isnt that bad.

Post by Kanious » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:08 pm

yeah, it is like dying in real life. You'll never know that you even existed or died, so there won't be a "you" to care.

but it is sad on anime, as normally on DB when they die they go to the other world and continue existing...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:09 pm

When did Zeno join Kanzenshuu?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:10 pm

It doesn't really matter if you feel pain, the point is you cease to exist completely. As far as we know, your soul is erased with your body, which means no afterlife - i.e. no existence.

That's far more terrifying than being killed if you ask me!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm

Alright, speak up, are you the left zeno or the right..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Sure its not that bad if you don't mind non existence.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:05 pm

If they don't exist at all anywhere, how will they be brought back to life?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:17 pm

Think about the time before you were born, you did not exist. It's hard to believe literally trillions of years went by in real life before any of us came to existence. And then even after the Earth was formed we still had to do through 100 million years of Dinosaurs, then the extinction to when humans shared an ancestor with apes, then cavemen, then everything that happened from then till now.

Humans have existed for around 200,000 years only at the most. Then think back to everything before that to the very creation of the universe itself. It's absolutely insane to think of how small a timeframe humans are on this existence, about 80 years and that's it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:If they don't exist at all anywhere, how will they be brought back to life?
They won't. But if plot demands them to be back, they will.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:27 pm

You also don't have to experience Dragon Ball Super anymore.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Good or bad, the Omni King shouldn't erase universes because that will lead to fewer participants in future tournaments, especially considering how much stronger some of them would become. It would be like killing every team in the NFL except the winners of the Super Bowl.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:43 pm

The thing is it's not just those fighting that get erased, it's their entire universes. Say if it were just the teams themselves who get erased; even though they'd be gone they'd still have been able to leave behind something for the people they cared about. You leave behind your offspring, or your wealth, or the good you've incurred in your time alive (the students/patients/audiences/colleagues) who you've impacted. Even though they'll eventually die too, your impact will ripple through history in ways that future generations may not even realize. Many people grow up living in places that they only grow up living in because decades or hundreds of years ago a relative of theirs they've never met decided they were going to leave their home and travel to a new place.

I realize that, in the long run we're all dead, but the harshness of the Omni Kings erasing an entire universe in one swoop instead of allowing time itself and people to make their own choices really bothers me.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:11 pm

yeah, it is like dying in real life. You'll never know that you even existed or died, so there won't be a "you" to care.
It is not like dying in real life because we have no idea if there really is non-existence. That's the biggest reason why humans are so afraid of dying. Being afraid of the possibility that there is nothing and not being sure. For Dragon Ball it is actually known.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:17 pm

to know you'll be erased is worse than it actually happening. Its the thought that you won't exist, remember you existed, and that you didn't finish your goals in life that is really the most painful

In reality, when the Universal characters get wished back it would to them be as if instead of being erased, they were transported to after the wish was made since they wouldn't feel the time they've been erased go by
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:24 pm

The worst thing about nonexistence is jealousy that others get to continue existing. If your entire universe gets erased and everyone in it, you can at least take solace in the fact that everyone is going at the same moment.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:30 pm

What actually happens to you? Is it pitch black? A colorful void (like future Trunks' timeline after it got Zeno'd) or is it like some sort of shadow realm?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:08 am

IntangibleFancy wrote:What actually happens to you? Is it pitch black? A colorful void (like future Trunks' timeline after it got Zeno'd) or is it like some sort of shadow realm?
Nothingness. There is no 'you' left.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:04 am

IntangibleFancy wrote:What actually happens to you? Is it pitch black? A colorful void (like future Trunks' timeline after it got Zeno'd) or is it like some sort of shadow realm?
Think about the time before you were born. You obviously can't because you didn't exist. Same here.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:10 am

precita wrote:
Think about the time before you were born. You obviously can't because you didn't exist. Same here.
They say it's the same thing when you're dead. You don't even know that you're dead because your brain who's responsible for that realization stops functioning. It's not pitch black either, because your brain who's responsible for processing colours is obviously gone. It's a dreamless sleep I guess. It's one of mankind's greatest questions about life, and it's an inevitable reality for everyone. The only people who suffer are your loved ones.

Ugh, so depressing. But I'm Muslim and believe in the afterlife so I'm not part of that group, but they do exist.

But the Zeno's erasing should bother people because they don't value life and they can do whatever they want.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:40 am

What an utter ningen dogma perspective.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.