SSJ God form vs SSJ Blue form (Which is better?)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

SSJ God form vs SSJ Blue form (Which is better?)

Post by Sonofman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:39 pm

I've seen the SSJ God form once (for those who don't know, it's the red hair Goku in the beginning arc of Super) in the entire anime and it was never showed again. I like that form because it looks more Godly and not normal like the Blue form. Which form do you think is better?
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Re: SSJ God form vs SSJ Blue form (Which is better?)

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:45 pm

In terms of personal preference? Super Saiyan God and it's not even close.

It doesn't really help matters that the current arc has massively soured me on Blue.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Blue looks cooler. God only looks cool when it has the red flames surrounding it but otherwise it's just ok

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Something about the Blue really appeals to me visually. Which is funny to me because when I first heard about a Blue haired super Saiyan I thought it sounded really stupid. Blue isn't even one of my favorite colors so it didn't even have me hooked in that fashion. But then I saw it and I liked the way it looks.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:59 pm

My magenta-haired ssjg no contest. :mrgreen:

I love the aesthetic, love how Gokû looks in it. I think the flame aura is cool. I like how the form manages to be its own thing despite us already having a red aura form by way of kaioken (which is another of my favorites). Ssjg Gokû is also a lot of fun to draw imo.

Ssjblue is just a ssj1 recolor. There's no fun in that. It's a nice shade of neon blue, but that's all I can give it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Don't really care for either.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Super Saiyan God without any doubt. The aesthetics are very cool, its aura is very flashy, the eyes looks great and I like the skinny body type for Goku (even though I prefer the bulky one), he looks very young. Another reason I like the form is because red is my favorite color, so... (Also, SSG somehow makes Goku's shoes to have red laces and white shoe soles).

While I don't dislike Super Cyan Blue (pun intended), it's not very original and I don't really care for its stamina issues.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Yeah, I way prefer SSJ God. It seems much more like entirely different line of transformation, somewhat mystical.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:33 pm

In terms of design, I like SSJG better. Looks more godly with the flaming ki and the eyes.

"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:16 pm

It depends on the situation and how much stamina is needed.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:07 am

I don't care for either. Although I'll give a shoutout to Super Saiyan God due to its aura (Movie aura I must specify, as Super Saiyan God's aura in the anime is terribly awful).

But if you ask for their performance in battle, then switching them like Vegeta does is the best of what you can get from these two forms.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:21 am

Blue may be my favourite colour, but I prefer Super Saiyan God over Super Saiyan Blue.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:45 am

I do enjoy the pleasant auditory sounds of blue. It sounds rhythmically soothing, like the resonance itself is reflecting the stable stream-like flow of Ki as it's emitted in the aura. In general, I don't like either form nor has Super Saiyan really interested me since back in Z. Frankly, I'm little a tired of transformations.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:35 am

It's a close tie. Blue is favourite colour and I love aura of SSGSS. SSG Goku also looks great but aura ruins everything, so has to be SSGSS.

KingKaash wrote:In terms of design, I like SSJG better. Looks more godly with the flaming ki and the eyes.

Disagree the SSGSS aura looks and sounds more godly, the fire aura is far too generic and ruins the SSG hair.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:08 am

Blue isn't bad when art is good..
If I had to choose, would go with Blue..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:46 am

Marlowe89 wrote:In terms of personal preference? Super Saiyan God and it's not even close.

It doesn't really help matters that the current arc has massively soured me on Blue.
How come SSJ God hasn't been shown since the first arc? Is it seriously not as useful as SSJ Blue? :wtf:

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:50 am

Sonofman wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:In terms of personal preference? Super Saiyan God and it's not even close.

How come SSJ God hasn't been shown since the first arc? Is it seriously not as useful as SSJ Blue? :wtf:
It has appeared in every arc in the manga. Toei just seems to...Well, I am not even sure about what they are doing. What Goku did last episode was a pale copy of the strategy Vegeta used against Black in the manga.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:58 am

MisteryOne wrote:
Sonofman wrote:

It has appeared in every arc in the manga. Toei just seems to...Well, I am not even sure about what they are doing. What Goku did last episode was a pale copy of the strategy Vegeta used against Black in the manga.
Really? SSJ God appeared in every arc in the manga? MIND BLOWN HERE! :wtf: If that's true then Toei is insanely screwing up the anime!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:43 pm

From a design perspective. I just enjoy just a tad SSJB more than SSJG. But I do think that SSJB has been overused in the anime
Sonofman wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:
Sonofman wrote:
Really? SSJ God appeared in every arc in the manga? MIND BLOWN HERE! :wtf: If that's true then Toei is insanely screwing up the anime!
There's are several things that need to be taken into consideration.

We don't know whether Toriyama specifically asked for SSJG to reappear at any point in the story before the Tournament Of Power or after the events of Battle Of Gods in his plot outline for Super. Not to mention that Toriyama gives Toyotaro and Toei free reign in how they handle the overall narrative from one major plot point in Toriyama's outline to the next. So whether the inclusion of SSJG was something that was integral to Toriyama's plan for every major major arc from the Champa arc and beyond and Toei deliberately ignored this tidbit, or Toyotaro made some changes in the structure of the narrative to fit SSJG into the plot before SSJG reappeared in the anime in the fashion that it did is very much unclear.

Speaking from an in-universe perpective, there is nothing inherently wrong with SSJG reappearing now. Given the fact Goku did absorb the power of Super Saiyan God in the Battle Of Gods arc and made the power his own, I guess it was just a case of Goku's whim on his part as to whether he would use SSJG in its full form again in battle. I actually think the whole "absorbing the power of Super Saiyan God and making it his own" scenario in the anime works in favor for when Goku wants to the use SSJG directly again. Because then you can determine that Goku, if he wants to, can transform into a SSJG again as he can essentially tap into the power of SSJG at his own. And of course in the anime, every major opponent Goku has come across (Golden Freeza, Hit, Zamasu, Goku Black) demonstrated themselves very early on to be at least as strong as SSJB. So using the SSJG in any kind of scenario beyond Battle Of Gods would have been redundant in hindsight.

In the manga, Goku just loses the form after the time limit expires. It's never elaborated (so far in the manga) as to how he managed to retain the form and transform into SSJG again. It just so happens he can still transform into what was supposedly a temporary form. And in Vegeta's case, it's even more confusing. As the manga seems to indicate he obtained the form while training for no more than a day in the ROSAT to preparation to fight Goku Black again in the Future Trunks arc. I mean, if Vegeta did already have the SSJG, he sure as hell doesn't use SSJG at any stage prior to fighting Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black again. Nevertheless, an explanation as to how Goku can power up back into SSJG in the Tournament Of Power in the anime would have been nice.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It's a close tie. Blue is favourite colour and I love aura of SSGSS. SSG Goku also looks great but aura ruins everything, so has to be SSGSS.

KingKaash wrote:In terms of design, I like SSJG better. Looks more godly with the flaming ki and the eyes.

Disagree the SSGSS aura looks and sounds more godly, the fire aura is far too generic and ruins the SSG hair.
How is it far too generic? You're acting like 10 other characters have flaming aura. And how does it ruin the Super Saiyan God's hair? I think the flaming aura makes it stand out more
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16