Do you think that anyone from U2, U3, or U4 will elimnate someone from U7?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The_Destroyer
Regular

Re: Do you think that anyone from U2, U3, or U4 will elimnate someone from U7?

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Lionel wrote:I would have agreed with the notion of Paparoni eliminating #18 since she's the more expendable of the two twins. However, with the recent unveiling of the cyborgs' biological makeup having been enhanced during the experimentations, I question how much good deactivating their mechanical components would provide. Maybe Paparoni could do away with their infinite stamina advantage, but their strength has been retroactively defined as being attributable to these enhanced cells of theirs.

The original anime seemed to interpret the deactivation of the cyborgs' generators as an equivalence to rendering them completely helpless and devoid of cognitive function. Remember this mental image? Image

It's from Krillin's preconception of what deactivation would entail, but the fact Trunks from the third timeline was able to thwart the cyborg menace with the remote implies their power was intrinsically linked to the generators; that's before Toriyama's interview comment and Super redefined those assumptions.
But they were still able to be disabled by the remote in third timeline. I feel as though Paparoni could do something to them, but most likely he won't due to not being from universe 6 or 11. Still though, if he did it would be a shocker.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:52 pm

U4: I can only see the Bug Twins maybe having a Chance cause of their size and Stealth to catch at least 1 U7 fighter off guard!

U3: I think it would involve a team effort to gang up on at least one or 2 of the fighters, like MasakoX Speculated, they could have a Throw-Down with 17 & 18, Machines vs. Cyborgs, that would be an interesting battle!

U2: The only Universe that I think has still major powerhouses to show; Honestly I think we have only Gotten the 1st Level of Ribrianne and maybe Rozie as well.

Remember, they are based off of Magical Girls and Magical Girls ALWAYS have a higher level to go after their 1st form. Ribrianne was able to = 17 in a fighter and 17 is at least in the level Rang of a Lower SSBlue so that is no small Feet of Power. So if Ribrianne, which I believe in Theory she might be, might have a Super Form that Goes Way Beyond this and could make her a Real threat in the later part of the tournament. But even if not, her 1st Transformed state she is a Powerhouse not to be underestimated.

Jimeze the Yardrat and the Tuffle who I think is Zarbuto might have some suprises as well, we will see.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:20 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Ribrianne probably. That's enough.

She's been proven to not be that strong. If she does eliminate someone maybe it will be Tien or Roshi. But I think she has her eyes set on No. 17!!
How exactly has it been "proven" she's not strong? She hasn't looked weak in any fight she's been on in the ToP since her arrival.

Literally laughing and playing with Ssj Vegeta, evenly matched in her small brawl with 17, she hasn't looked weak once so ever.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:40 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

She's been proven to not be that strong. If she does eliminate someone maybe it will be Tien or Roshi. But I think she has her eyes set on No. 17!!
How exactly has it been "proven" she's not strong? She hasn't looked weak in any fight she's been on in the ToP since her arrival.

Literally laughing and playing with Ssj Vegeta, evenly matched in her small brawl with 17, she hasn't looked weak once so ever.
Well Said! 8)

This is the same thing I have been say in other Dicussions as well;

1.) When Fighting SS-Vegeta Ribrianne Barely Looked like she was pushing herself, she was having a Good Time, Breezing it off like it was just Playtime! We did not get to see how far this fight could have truly gone cause Vegeta ended the fight early with that Dodge and they never went back at it for some reason.

2.) 17 by all accounts is AT-Least as powerful as a Low-Level SS-Blue Goku when we saw them sparing ~~~ Ribrianne was
Going Toe-To-Toe with 17 and Matching Blows to Points where even 17 Said she is Not Bad, ussally a Term saved for Strong Oppents a Fighter gets suprised by ~~~ Ribrianne Never Looked Tired at All From the Fight ~~~ Finally, Ribrianne with 1, 1-Punch Shattered the Force Bubble 17 Had that up to that point that seemed Unbreakable!

I am not taking ANYTHING Away from Vegeta or 17, but when you can Match 2 of U7's Best like that and Look like your are Barley Winded ~~~~~ Well, I think Toei is trying to Hint at us this Lady is More then many thought she be!

Not Me and others that like her, we theories she be Epic from the start. ;)

We have to see where she goes from here, but so far it has been Pretty Promising!

Also, don't forget she is the Archtype to Sailor Moon, HERSELF! Sailor Moon had many higher forms and had Massive Wells of Power only called upon when needed, so I believe Ribrianne will have the Same Style as well too. My Theory, but so Far Toei is hitting all the Magial Girl ideals perfectly.
My #1 in DB!

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:04 am

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

I didn't say she was proven to be "weak" just that she was proven to not be that strong. Which is true, if she was SSB level she would have put up a better fight against No.17. She's not that powerful guys, it's obvious.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:19 am

MagmonKai wrote:
Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

I didn't say she was proven to be "weak" just that she was proven to not be that strong. Which is true, if she was SSB level she would have put up a better fight against No.17. She's not that powerful guys, it's obvious.
I can't see how that was not a Good Fight with 17. 17 by his re-intro with Goku fought SSB-Goku Pretty well, but not to go to much in the deep end of the pool, I feel at most 17 when fighting even with Goku or anyone is at the lower end of the SSB-Goku Level at his highest, which is Pretty Strong in this ToP.

Ribrianne Fought 17 with Even Blow, 17 Complementing her fighting and Ribrianne breaking is force field which up to that point was Nearly Unbreakable, with 1 Punch!

I know ones did not say Ribrianne was weak, but she is Indeed by that fight alone Far more Powerful then many are giving her credit for.

But Again, but for good reason this time not cause Vegeta dodged , her fight gets shorten to help her friend Rozie. So Again we don't get to see how far she could have gone.

I still think Toei is teasing us with Ribrianne and saving her for the Final Showdowns later.
My #1 in DB!

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:36 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

Again, she never looked weak. Again her brawl with 17 was only a few moments, so claiming "she's not that strong" on a small performance is silly and laughable.

Besides 17 is incredibly strong in his own right, being at least stronger then anyone included in Z. Only thing obvious here is your bias.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:
Ilikepictures-meh wrote: How exactly has it been "proven" she's not strong? She hasn't looked weak in any fight she's been on in the ToP since her arrival.

Again, she never looked weak. Again her brawl with 17 was only a few moments, so claiming "she's not that strong" on a small performance is silly and laughable.

Besides 17 is incredibly strong in his own right, being at least stronger then anyone included in Z. Only thing obvious here is your bias.

Youre 100% right IMO.

While she may not be that strong there is no available evidence to suggest she isnt.

Pretend this is the first time we saw Goku. Has he done anything yet to suggest his real strength? No. So why hold her to a different standard?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:28 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

Youre 100% right IMO.

While she may not be that strong there is no available evidence to suggest she isnt.

Pretend this is the first time we saw Goku. Has he done anything yet to suggest his real strength? No. So why hold her to a different standard?
This has been the 64 Million Dollar question I have been asking myself for a few weeks now. Honeslty while it is not widespread their are those few Fans that not only downplay Ribrianne's and also the other Girls Powers, they Nerf to to Major Levels that are not even coneviable with the feats they have shown in the ToP so Far. It is now Small Feat for Kakunsa to have Fought 17 as Epic as she did or Ribrianne to go Toe-to-Toe with 17 on equal footing, 17 being a Level SS-Blue class in his own right.

So by just this Examination it should be clear that at leat those 2 Girls are in a Very High Class Easy by just Watching the Episodes ~~~~~~ Yet at times I fine not allot, but enought just wanting to Downplay their feets and I can't come-up with many reasonable answers why?

Why are the Girls from U2 Held to Such a different standard then Others?!

Well ~~~ One of the Major Reasons is one have seen time and again over my lifetime with what a majority of new characters go threw; Delayed Acceptances and Defense of the Established!

When a new character appears it takes time for fans to warm-up to them, at least for a group of fans. I have seen this time and again in Anime, Comics, Movies, TV Shows, etc, Fans are really cold and keep at meters length, at least a good amount of fans, new characters. They want to stick in the Familiar and Established and really not venture to new characters. Also if the Characters seem over silly or to powered up to meet standards that don't go with Fans ideals and rules with how characters should be represented, they will resist new characters feeling they are being push to accept them when they just want Old-Familiar Friend Characters to be the ones that shine.

They with that have a harder time accept these new charcters being more powerful or outshine those they come to know and love. So they get downplay in a way to defend that which they know and want to be promote and hailed. In this case some fans want Known Characters in Dragon Ball to be the height of power and to accept New characters on the same level they barely know feels like they are undercutting those they have liked for so long. So they go into defense mode To Downplay them ~~~

~~~Kakunsa was an Easy Win for 17! ~~~~~ Even thought by how the Fight went 17 had to bust out new movies and levels of speed to win, aka new Strategy and Deceptions with the Artificial Sun and Kakunsa kept up every step of the way.

~~~ Ribrianne is not that Strong, Fans are Sure that 17 was Holding Back! ~~~ Just.......Because. :roll:

~~~ The Characters are To Silly to be this strong, Only Serious Characters can be Strong Like U7 in this ToP! ~~~ Even thought all of them have had silly and taking things to light at time in the ToP and they are more silly in moments over the years in Dragon Ball and Z in tense battles that you can make full length shows out of them.......Yea.

In the end time will help to pass the cold feelings, they will go down when the unneeded defense some fans have to give is really shown not to be needed and the Girls will be accepted to their own degree like Hit and Universe 6 was after their Arc.

Again, I am not say this about any fans here OR All Fans in General!

It is just a general observation I have seen throughout my life and it is similar here.

The Girls and Universe 2 have been gaining a slow and steady fanbase more then I though, but like any new character they will have those questioning their legitimacy and seriousness to the story. But that will pass when more time is spend with them.

This just one theory I have about this, but it is a major part of maybe Why.
My #1 in DB!

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:34 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:This has been the 64 Million Dollar question I have been asking myself for a few weeks now. Honeslty while it is not widespread their are those few Fans that not only downplay Ribrianne's and also the other Girls Powers, they Nerf to to Major Levels that are not even coneviable with the feats they have shown in the ToP so Far. It is now Small Feat for Kakunsa to have Fought 17 as Epic as she did or Ribrianne to go Toe-to-Toe with 17 on equal footing, 17 being a Level SS-Blue class in his own right.

They with that have a harder time accept these new charcters being more powerful or outshine those they come to know and love. So they get downplay in a way to defend that which they know and want to be promote and hailed. In this case some fans want Known Characters in Dragon Ball to be the height of power and to accept New characters on the same level they barely know feels like they are undercutting those they have liked for so long. So they go into defense mode To Downplay them ~~~

~~~Kakunsa was an Easy Win for 17! ~~~~~ Even thought by how the Fight went 17 had to bust out new movies and levels of speed to win, aka new Strategy and Deceptions with the Artificial Sun and Kakunsa kept up every step of the way.

~~~ Ribrianne is not that Strong, Fans are Sure that 17 was Holding Back! ~~~ Just.......Because. :roll:

~~~ The Characters are To Silly to be this strong, Only Serious Characters can be Strong Like U7 in this ToP! ~~~ Even thought all of them have had silly and taking things to light at time in the ToP and they are more silly in moments over the years in Dragon Ball and Z in tense battles that you can make full length shows out of them.......Yea.

The Girls and Universe 2 have been gaining a slow and steady fanbase more then I though, but like any new character they will have those questioning their legitimacy and seriousness to the story. But that will pass when more time is spend with them.

This just one theory I have about this, but it is a major part of maybe Why.
Disclaimer: I cut out some of your post not to be rude, but just for the sake of my post not looking enormous.

While I somewhat agree that Ribrianne's strength might be downplayed by some, I think there's a few things that should be addressed:

1.) It was directly stated in episode 102 that 17 wasn't taking his fight with Kakunsa seriously because her animal-like appearance reminded him of the animals he protects. As soon as he got serious, he completely thrashed Kakunsa. I'm sure she's fairly strong, but she's nowhere near the power of the god-tier characters.

2.) Rozie was also shown to be defeated by base Goku. Base Goku's strength is fairly inconsistent, but he's at least on par or stronger than Buu, so she's definitely below that in strength. Again, not weak, but nowhere near the strength of god-tier characters.

3.) Hit grew to be accepted because he was a character with cool techniques and the ability to pose a significant threat to our protagonist, Goku. He's also an assassin, and a lot of people (myself included) find fictional assassins quite interesting. The Kamikaze Fireballs are a clear parody of the magical girl genre with power levels not significant enough to pose a threat to Goku. Ribrianne might change things later on down the road, but currently nothing about them is particularly appealing in the long run, unlike with Hit.

Ultimately, we'll have to see how Ribrianne pans out later when she gets a second bout before any clear verdicts are made. As it stands right now, though, the Kamikaze Fireballs are a parody that some people enjoy and others don't.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Tombstone1988 wrote:Disclaimer: I cut out some of your post not to be rude, but just for the sake of my post not looking enormous.

While I somewhat agree that Ribrianne's strength might be downplayed by some, I think there's a few things that should be addressed:

1.) It was directly stated in episode 102 that 17 wasn't taking his fight with Kakunsa seriously because her animal-like appearance reminded him of the animals he protects. As soon as he got serious, he completely thrashed Kakunsa. I'm sure she's fairly strong, but she's nowhere near the power of the god-tier characters.

2.) Rozie was also shown to be defeated by base Goku. Base Goku's strength is fairly inconsistent, but he's at least on par or stronger than Buu, so she's definitely below that in strength. Again, not weak, but nowhere near the strength of god-tier characters.

3.) Hit grew to be accepted because he was a character with cool techniques and the ability to pose a significant threat to our protagonist, Goku. He's also an assassin, and a lot of people (myself included) find fictional assassins quite interesting. The Kamikaze Fireballs are a clear parody of the magical girl genre with power levels not significant enough to pose a threat to Goku. Ribrianne might change things later on down the road, but currently nothing about them is particularly appealing in the long run, unlike with Hit.

Ultimately, we'll have to see how Ribrianne pans out later when she gets a second bout before any clear verdicts are made. As it stands right now, though, the Kamikaze Fireballs are a parody that some people enjoy and others don't.
That was ok if you had to cut my post down, it was rather long and I am use to it cause on CBR my other Forum a Post can only have so many words in it, so cutting down posts are normal, but thanks for the concern in that.

Thanks for the Response to My Post and the Support in the Areas that we agree on. Also Thank you for being honest in your views and having a discussions with me with those honest views, that is how we grow as fans, healthy debate! :clap:

Now with My views on the matters you brought up, I just want to say 1st that I am in a Different and have a Framework to Support why I felt Kakunsa was a Far more Even Match for 17 then some view the fight as.........But I really rather not get into that right now, but I did not want to leave that point Unspoken of as if I was ignoring it, just rather stick to my main point.

While I agree I am certain Hit got a Good Amount of Fans at his intro, I just refereed to another post/vidoe I heard not to long ago where they say it took some other fans time to warm-up to Hit. I was just going by that account and saying while indeed fans for good reasons become fans right away for a character, others take time to warm-up for different reasons, it is just a form of character acceptance that many new characters go threw.

For Me I have never been to found of the Hitman/Assassin archtype being interesting, outside of James Bond/Spy Dramas. For me it is just not my bag of interesting, I am glad many find it and more power to you, but for me its just not for me. Why I am saying that here is that by that Example, while many can get behind that Archtype of a character ~~~~~~ Others, Like ME, Really Love and can get behind the Archtype the Kamikaze Fireballs Represent ~~~~ Magical Girls/Super Heroes! 8) :thumbup:

I feel they are both somewhat of a Parody but also a Homage as well to shift some status quos of Magical Girls to make their own unique ones for Dragon Ball and I great appreciate that by Toei. They can by a Parody but also a Respected and Unique Homage to one the Franchises Toei is most famous and successful for! :thumbup:

For Fans like Me and I have meet other Fans as well that have jumped on the Fandom of Universe 2 and The Kamikaze Fireballs, These Girls while Not being the slice of spice for some Fans, FOR Use they are Particularly Appealing to Us and I figure if Toei uses them right more will become fans of them as well as time goes on! I have meet a nice amount already! So for us These Girls are Appealing in the long run and hope they have more story in the ToP and in future Arcs and right now I feel Toei might be doing that.

Again I do Hope to see and hoping to expect we will get more out of Ribrianne and Hopefully Rozie too in the ToP, only Toei will tell us in time. But the Hype Hope is their and My point is that I am Firmly in their corner and have made it my Fandom and Specialty to become a Knowledgeable and Supportive Fan of Universe 2 and the Kamikaze Fireballs most of all.

They indeed are what Saved Super for Me and Brought me back to the show, I would indeed not be talking to you right now if not for them! ;)

So Indeed characters that a good amount of Fans may not be that interested in DO have their impact on others in Amazing Ways! 8)
My #1 in DB!

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:42 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:While I agree I am certain Hit got a Good Amount of Fans at his intro, I just refereed to another post/vidoe I heard not to long ago where they say it took some other fans time to warm-up to Hit. I was just going by that account and saying while indeed fans for good reasons become fans right away for a character, others take time to warm-up for different reasons, it is just a form of character acceptance that many new characters go threw.
Wanted to highlight this part of your post because it is actually a very good point. Sometimes it takes time for characters to grow on you; I know I wasn't always a big fan of Master Roshi, but after the 21st WMA Tournament, he definitely grew on me. I have a feeling Jiren will be much the same; right now, not many people care too much for him (myself included), but after he finally gets to show what he can do he'll likely get more people on board with him.

I also realized I forgot to answer the topic's question in my original post, so I'll do so now.

-Universe 4: Most have been shown to be around the same power level as the human characters from Universe 7; therefore, if they were to knock out anyone from our team, it would likely be Tien or Roshi.
-Universe 3: This universe hasn't been shown all that much. I have a feeling at least one of their members is likely going to be pretty powerful. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that they knock out someone from Universe 7, with the two most likely candidates being Piccolo and/or 18.
-Universe 2: This is the universe that probably has the best chance of knocking someone from Universe 7 out. Ribrianne and the Yardrat (forgot his name) could likely do some serious damage to the weaker members of the team. It's also possible that Ribrianne could knock out 17 if they get a rematch.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)