Will Piccolo get anything from the Universe 6 Namekians?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Will Piccolo get anything from the Universe 6 Namekians?

Post by Kanassa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:48 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Will there be a Namekian God or some other power up.

Will they provide some Namekian lore for a potential Power up that does not exist yet for any Namekian?
None of the above. Piccolo, at best, will get a cool fight to show he's the top Namekian. If he was getting a power up or transformation, Toei would have spoiled it by now. Just like they spoiled Caulifla, Goku and Kale's transformations.
We have not even seen them yet and don't seem like they are appearing anytime soon either.
And that only furthers my point.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:01 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Will there be a Namekian God or some other power up.

Will they provide some Namekian lore for a potential Power up that does not exist yet for any Namekian?
None of the above. Piccolo, at best, will get a cool fight to show he's the top Namekian. If he was getting a power up or transformation, Toei would have spoiled it by now. Just like they spoiled Caulifla, Goku and Kale's transformations.
We have not even seen them yet and don't seem like they are appearing anytime soon either.
Majin Jator wrote:
larzooma wrote:
He was trashed in the "resurrection of F" arc, and was little more than a plot device in the Champa Arc to make Goku fight again (admitedly , Toei tried to make him look as good as possible between the confines of Toriyama script). He did well in the recruitmet episodes against Gohan, but so did Krillin, and we know how far he got.
No one would be as happy as me to be proven wrong, but as things are now, i see little reason for optimism.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I'm sure he will fight against the namekians, but I'm not sure about the "big" thing. He may be trashed and need Gohan's help, or have an unimpresive fight and sacrifice to ring out one of them. Sorry to sound like such a downer, but regarding Piccolo I think is better to keep expectatives low. He certainly is not gonna reach a "just-below-saiyans" tier.
If you can't find optimism now as a Piccolo fan then you will never becuase if you can't be excited for Namekians when one actually looks like Piccolo then I don't know what you will get excited for.

Gohan is the one who has needed the help so far and seems to be having a tough fighy again soon. Why does everyone always think that Piccolo is going to sacrifice himself for Gohan? He has already done this once so I doubt he will do it again.
Toei is the reason.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:06 am

So hey, now with the latest spoiler out, everyone keeps seeing the big upcoming fight as Frieza vs. Goku 2.0 and making all kinds of parallels with the Namek arc. What else happened in the Namek arc? A namekian fusion, that's what. :(

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:08 am

Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote: None of the above. Piccolo, at best, will get a cool fight to show he's the top Namekian. If he was getting a power up or transformation, Toei would have spoiled it by now. Just like they spoiled Caulifla, Goku and Kale's transformations.
And that only furthers my point.
When they spoiled transformations for Caulifla, Goku and Kale they were appearing soon so that is why they did it. They promoted the Trio De Dangers early on becuase they were coming soon and they will always only promote things that are happening soon so I don't see how my previous post futhers your point.

Also many people thought dyspo was going to be bad when he is not and that Ganos and the 2 guys from Universe 3 were going to be good becuase we saw them before the tournament so I don't see your point.
Hawk9211 wrote: Toei is the reason.
Toriyama is a reason why it won't happen.
Michsi wrote:So hey, now with the latest spoiler out, everyone keeps seeing the big upcoming fight as Frieza vs. Goku 2.0 and making all kinds of parallels with the Namek arc. What else happened in the Namek arc? A namekian fusion, that's what. :(
I still doubt a Namekian fusion is happening.

If they do not appear in the the special that will be 14 episodes of the tournament without seeing them. They will almost certainly now be the last seen becuase Beerus notices the numbers problem with Universe 4.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Another dumb fusion would only devalue Piccolo that much more. He's already a cheap joke when it comes to receiving cheap power ups.

Piccolo needs to stay away from the new Namekians, as his presence around them would probably stoop them down to his level. A level very few would want to be at. Only insects like Tien and Yamcha would consider a crappy level like that an achievement. Even Gohan doesn't believe in Piccolo enough to let him fight Shisami.

The best way this would play out is, if the new Namekians just carelessly tossed Piccolo out of the ring like the no body he is, giving Piccolo the motivation to participate in the kind of training that counts instead of sitting around on the lookout talking to his wimpy pal Popo. The minute Piccolo invited his other parasitic half was the minute his cool personality was sapped away. He merely doubled his strength (an increase that is nothing compared to what he gained by training with Goku) but his cool demeanor and courage went down by ten fold. If those Namekians show they're only Piccolo-tier on the power scale, that would not be fun to watch indeed. Or worse yet, they each have their own weakling wimpy tricks of playing hide and seek while using ugly attacks like antenna beam, or hiding behind their clones with petrified looks on their faces would just ruin it all. The only thing that would top that off is if Tien opened his big mouth and began complimenting this whole charade of weakness as if it's even worthy of attention.

Tien should really save his compliments for Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Android 17, and Frieza only.

The Namekians should just square off against Goku and Vegeta, showing that they are actually relevant on the power scale.

Gave this analogy before, but Piccolo's like the old moldy fruit nobody's touched in weeks and the new Namekians are the brand new fruits that were freshly bought from the store. I would hate to see the mold spread...

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:14 pm

supercat wrote:Another dumb fusion would only devalue Piccolo that much more. He's already a cheap joke when it comes to receiving cheap power ups.

Piccolo needs to stay away from the new Namekians, as his presence around them would probably stoop them down to his level. A level very few would want to be at. Only insects like Tien and Yamcha would consider a crappy level like that an achievement. Even Gohan doesn't believe in Piccolo enough to let him fight Shisami.

The best way this would play out is, if the new Namekians just carelessly tossed Piccolo out of the ring like the no body he is, giving Piccolo the motivation to participate in the kind of training that counts instead of sitting around on the lookout talking to his wimpy pal Popo. The minute Piccolo invited his other parasitic half was the minute his cool personality was sapped away. He merely doubled his strength (an increase that is nothing compared to what he gained by training with Goku) but his cool demeanor and courage went down by ten fold. If those Namekians show they're only Piccolo-tier on the power scale, that would not be fun to watch indeed. Or worse yet, they each have their own weakling wimpy tricks of playing hide and seek while using ugly attacks like antenna beam, or hiding behind their clones with petrified looks on their faces would just ruin it all. The only thing that would top that off is if Tien opened his big mouth and began complimenting this whole charade of weakness as if it's even worthy of attention.

Tien should really save his compliments for Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Android 17, and Frieza only.

The Namekians should just square off against Goku and Vegeta, showing that they are actually relevant on the power scale.

Gave this analogy before, but Piccolo's like the old moldy fruit nobody's touched in weeks and the new Namekians are the brand new fruits that were freshly bought from the store. I would hate to see the mold spread...
Wow...Do you have something against the color green or simply fall into the camp of Saiyan worshipers, who can't respect any character outside the big two and their offspring. Piccolo remains a relevant and comparatively powerful character given what we've seen from the other universes. It will be satisfying to see a true display of Piccolo's power, so he can clearly establish himself on a competitive level with 17, while still sitting a decent way back from the top 4. As an overall character, it's difficult to understand the hate some fans hold for him. He's one of the oldest members of the group, he's contributed a great deal to the overall success of the Z fighter throughout the various conflicts, and he drastically surpassed the limitations of his race to compete on a level few warriors across the multiverse achieve. I always love the comment he gained power cheaply by fusing with other characters, an ability unique to his race, funny, when you consider the full and half Sayians can only reach such a high level because of a predisposition inherent to their race, which gives them a clear advantage by birth. No one deserves a chance to move into the top tier again more than Piccolo.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Got to say, pretty wild for a fan of a character that has ran away from fights more than any other main character in this manga combined.

I wouldn`t worry much about Piccolo, he`s fallen behind but he`s still safe in that zone behind the mains and he`s usually the most strategic character of the group, regardless on how they want to pin that on his protege. But to expect, with this level of writting, to take center stage again is kind of futile. Hopefully they`ll have him interact with the other Namekians and shed some light in any possible development.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Olympian wrote:Got to say, pretty wild for a fan of a character that has ran away from fights more than any other main character in this manga combined.

I wouldn`t worry much about Piccolo, he`s fallen behind but he`s still safe in that zone behind the mains and he`s usually the most strategic character of the group, regardless on how they want to pin that on his protege. But to expect, with this level of writting, to take center stage again is kind of futile. Hopefully they`ll have him interact with the other Namekians and shed some light in any possible development.
Honestly I didn't even notice he used Vegeta as his profile picture. A simple image shuts down any Vegeta fan ragging on Piccolo:

Nothing better than the Prince of Sayians getting carried by a mere Namekian into a battle he's to frightened to enter on his own.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Nothing at all against the color green. No, I do appreciate other types of fighters outside of Saiyans. But at the same time, I do feel there should be at least one Saiyan in a given group. Piccolo does not blend well with Tien, Yamcha, or Krillin. Their collective power is pathetic and the sheer thought of them working together is just disgusting.

"Solar flare! Quickly runs away in panic and splits off into paper-like clones! Distracts with antenna beam! Just lost half the clones! Begins panicking some more! Solar flare x100! Tri-beam Hah! Oh no, energy depleted! Special beam cannon! Opponent smacks it away and counters with a simple punch! Completely overpowered! Opponent too strong!"

You see how a team like that is so pathetic it's not even really comical?

There's really no way Piccolo could keep up with Android 17, someone who in his suppressed state gave a suppressed SSB Goku a good fight. A charged up attack from Piccolo left Base Goku unscathed.

He's done a lot and at the start of Z he was quite amazing in his own way. That is until he invited his parasitic half to live within him and sap his warrior spirit out of him. Sad really.

Even Krillin cares enough for Vegeta to defend his loyalty.

And what happened to Piccolo for charging at Broly? Basically the same result as most of his fights. So much for strategy there. And so much for strategy against Frost.

When all is said and done, I do agree that Piccolo does deserve a spot on top of the power scale rather than having to rely on cowardly tricks and cheap shots that really make no lasting difference. A powerful Piccolo, one that fights alongside Goku and Vegeta in the same ranks would be great.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm

supercat wrote:Nothing at all against the color green. No, I do appreciate other types of fighters outside of Saiyans. But at the same time, I do feel there should be at least one Saiyan in a given group. Piccolo does not blend well with Tien, Yamcha, or Krillin. Their collective power is pathetic and the sheer thought of them working together is just disgusting.

"Solar flare! Quickly runs away in panic and splits off into paper-like clones! Distracts with antenna beam! Just lost half the clones! Begins panicking some more! Solar flare x100! Tri-beam Hah! Oh no, energy depleted! Special beam cannon! Opponent smacks it away and counters with a simple punch! Completely overpowered! Opponent too strong!"

You see how a team like that is so pathetic it's not even really comical?

There's really no way Piccolo could keep up with Android 17, someone who in his suppressed state gave a suppressed SSB Goku a good fight. A charged up attack from Piccolo left Base Goku unscathed.

He's done a lot and at the start of Z he was quite amazing in his own way. That is until he invited his parasitic half to live within him and sap his warrior spirit out of him. Sad really.

Even Krillin cares enough for Vegeta to defend his loyalty.

And what happened to Piccolo for charging at Broly? Basically the same result as most of his fights. So much for strategy there. And so much for strategy against Frost.

When all is said and done, I do agree that Piccolo does deserve a spot on top of the power scale rather than having to rely on cowardly tricks and cheap shots that really make no lasting difference. A powerful Piccolo, one that fights alongside Goku and Vegeta in the same ranks would be great.
If you're referring to the attack in episode 90's 2 vs 2, the intent was test a move meant to push weaker fighters towards the edge, while acting as a distraction for Gohan to knock stronger opponents off the ring. In episode 88, Piccolo showed enough power to outclass a SSJ2 Gohan on the verge of transforming into his Ultimate form. Sadly we never got to see a prolonged fight between Ultimate Gohan and a fully powered Piccolo, to assess how much he's truly grown. He was strong enough to train with Ultimate Gohan for a good portion of time without the need to use his sense bean before the 2 vs 2. We can say with relative certainty, Piccolo is at his least able to outclass a high level SSJ2 Gohan. Beyond that point, any speculation is head canon and subject to error. We've yet to see him in a situation where he needs to use his full power to defeat an enemy in a significant confrontation. You can't say for sure how close he's come to current 17 level. Both fighters have yet to show their max strength, and I hope the U6 Namekians give Piccolo a chance to display the true extent of the gains he's made.

JazzHands

Post by JazzHands » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:36 am

So far this Arc has shown you no nothing like that will happen. Instead of giving reasonable explanations for power ups they give you "secret training". Remember when they tease elder Kai that he was going to unlock Gokus potential? The things fans have always wondered about. We can make 7 SSS forms. But no way a human or Namekian could get any kind of new form. That would be unrealistic.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:42 am

larzooma wrote:
Olympian wrote:Got to say, pretty wild for a fan of a character that has ran away from fights more than any other main character in this manga combined.

Honestly I didn't even notice he used Vegeta as his profile picture. A simple image shuts down any Vegeta fan ragging on Piccolo:

Nothing better than the Prince of Sayians getting carried by a mere Namekian into a battle he's to frightened to enter on his own.
He has been talking about the non saiyans like this for a few days now and I seriuosly don't know why.

He says he wants Piccolo to be as strong as Goku but does not want him near the Namekians even though that could be Piccolo's chance to learn some new power up from them.

He says Piccolo had lost his fighting way even though it was only him and Goku who were excited to fight strong opponents while the others only participated for various other reasons.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:33 am

Michsi wrote:So hey, now with the latest spoiler out, everyone keeps seeing the big upcoming fight as Frieza vs. Goku 2.0 and making all kinds of parallels with the Namek arc. What else happened in the Namek arc? A namekian fusion, that's what. :(
And before(and after) that namekian fusion Piccolo getting the living crap kicked out of him! Or am I think the vegeta saga? Either way, wishful thinking! ;d

Lets reiterate how piccolo gets into fights now a days.

Piccolo: YES!! I am so strong. GO GOG OG GOGOG OG GOGO!!! I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!!

Piccolo: You like this, Oh yea! You know you want some!!!

Piccolo: That's right. Take it like a man!!

Gets face planted into wall!

><

It should be entertaining no matter which way you look at it. If not it is not proper dragon ball tradition and it's just not Piccolo! (Whispers: I think he's a masochist!)

Piccolo: Ahhh, nothing like a good beatdown in the morning!
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:34 am

Arugela wrote:
And before(and after) that namekian fusion Piccolo getting the living crap kicked out of him! Or am I think the vegeta saga? Either way, wishful thinking! ;d

Pretty much everyone who gets a power-up and wants a swing at the big bad gets the living crap beaten out of them. That's not the point. What matters is what happens in between those crap beating sessions. I'm not sitting here hoping one day they'll have Piccolo defeat the main villain while Goku watches on the sidelines, the universe would implode. What I want is a good, impressive fight, a respectable moment in the spot light, preferably a bit better than what Tenshinhan got, and then we can move on to Goku/Gohan saving the day.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:46 am

The beatdowns usually have better character to them though. They are usually more entertaining. That is why I like broly. Beatdowns for everyone. So, I'm hoping for a good beatdown! So, I'm hoping he gets beat up in an interesting way. It usually makes the rest of the show more fun also.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:28 am

Not sure if you're serious, but I'll bite.

Beat-downs are no fun for me, I prefer fights between opponents of similar strength (even if one is them is revealed to be holding and/or has another form haha). It's why I prefer Piccolo vs. #17 over Cell vs. Vegeta where they took turns on who was slapping who around.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:15 pm

supercat wrote:Nothing at all against the color green. No, I do appreciate other types of fighters outside of Saiyans. But at the same time, I do feel there should be at least one Saiyan in a given group. Piccolo does not blend well with Tien, Yamcha, or Krillin. Their collective power is pathetic and the sheer thought of them working together is just disgusting.

You see how a team like that is so pathetic it's not even really comical?.
You have every right to perceive any number of character alignment as pathetic and comical but you have to be aware they are seldom presented as such in various media.

Their collective power under Toei is quite fine. In the Manga if the authors really want to showcase teamwork like the audience was led to believe for the TOP, they would have better teamwork out of anyone save Vegeta, Freeza and Buus. This is only logical, Vegeta and Nappa were stalled and subquently defeated on Earth becaise of the collective strategy and teamwork of humans, one half-Saiyan breed and a Namekian.

As far as having one Saiyan per small groups..eh, what you really mean is you ought to have one Goku per team because in the end, he`s the one who actually wins things. The one exception is Gohan in the Perfect Cell arc.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: He has been talking about the non saiyans like this for a few days now and I seriuosly don't know why.

He says he wants Piccolo to be as strong as Goku but does not want him near the Namekians even though that could be Piccolo's chance to learn some new power up from them.

He says Piccolo had lost his fighting way even though it was only him and Goku who were excited to fight strong opponents while the others only participated for various other reasons.
Let`s be clear, as far as this universe is concerned, the humans and Piccolo as of now are the weakest of the strongest. The issue is that Fandom overblows it to extreme levels of bad taste sometimes. I`ve read statements in this Forum like "Yamcha never saved anyone or the day like Yajirobe did against Vegeta".

And it`s patentially false.

Yamcha saves Bulma and Goku from Boss Rabbit. Yamcha stops the first to be rampage of Goku in the finale of the first major arc. Yamcha is again key in Goku`s second to be rampage by shouting at Roshi about the Moon. Yamcha takes Kuririn`s place against the Saibamen just in case because he wouldn`t be revived again. You have Kuririn spelling that out to the readers, even.

"Oh, he`s so weak", yeah, he`s among the weakest of the strong, with the last formal level Reading in the beginning of the Android arc placing him in the wherebouts of Goku`s power when arriving at Namek + training calculations made by Gero based on the sort of gains he`s had since he was a teenager. But it gets worse, "oh, he`s a chiken". But where?

He didn`t ran away in the King Piccolo arc when he went to help Goku and Tem with a broken leg in the final battle. He didn`t fly away when Freeza came back to Earth (here`s another reason Famdom overblows things, by pointing out how Yamcha, Ten and Chiaotzu were afraid when guess what? All the others present in the scene did the same back in Namek when first sensing Freeza`s natural power in loco). Guess what again, this time it`s the three that weren`t there in Namek. Shocking.

I could go on but you get the idea. For all the major talk about what Vegeta is or what Alpha status he`s supposed to represent in the franchise, Fandom equally needs to deal that he`s ran away or beg in fights more than any of them ever did. Even in the source work.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:57 pm

supercat wrote:Another dumb fusion would only devalue Piccolo that much more. He's already a cheap joke when it comes to receiving cheap power ups.

I literally agree with every single word you said... bravo my friend, bravo.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:01 pm

I think Piccolo won't get anything. He is a weakling like the Earthlings and he wil be destroyed sooner or later like Tenshinhan.
Piccolo is old news, he was left behind, he did nothing special on super and he won't do it again in this tournament.