Why do people think brolly is not returning?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Why do people think brolly is not returning?

Post by Arugela » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:46 am

There is good reason to believe brolly will return in the show and be cannon. There are a ton of reasons actually. The entirety of the god design is a copy of and a buildup since the movies of the god form and good vs evil. God form vs LSSJ in one form or another.

To start with the god giving Saiyan ability is exactly how goku beat brolly the first time. It's a forshadow of this form and has mutliple other instances literally being part of the brolly movie and DB. Either way other things have been mentioned and the use of a female ssj and possibly more forms of it would make sense. This theme and ability has been in dragon ball for a very long time in many iterations seemingly unfullfilled since the very design of super Saiyan and possibly earlier. It would be very easy for him to return. I would not be surprised if the entire female ssj is a hinting at a future arc with brolly and lssj eventually being explored and explained or at least heavily involved.

I can't remember a lot of it. but the entire time I've watched dragon ball(which has been since the original animated series.) I've seen nothing but this central theme being played with. I've always assumed it was going to be used more fully. And it all leads to the things surrounding the brolly character. Shorter than I thought but it know it's in just about every part of the DB series especially since Z if not before. I assume something with his theme will be played on in major way at some point.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Why do people think brolly is not returning?

Post by Xeogran » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:50 am

Uhh... have you heard about Kale? Her whole point is to have a "Broly" in the show.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:58 am

If they really wanted to put Broly in the show they wouldn't create Kale in the first place, I'd have prefered to see Broly too but now we have Kale so... 2 Brolys in the same show? i don't know about that. And Goku & Vegeta don't even remember about someone who looks like Kale, nothing. I guess its really hard for them to make Broly "canon" because he has his own movies... if he reappears that'd mean that Goku & Vegeta already faced him. If they create Broly with a new story, that character won't be Broly but a new character, aka Kale.

But they can still make a new OAV about Broly's past, that'd be really interesting imo. But in the main show... i dont think he will ever appear.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:17 am

Arugela wrote:There is good reason to believe brolly will return in the show and be cannon. There are a ton of reasons actually. The entirety of the god design is a copy of and a buildup since the movies of the god form and good vs evil. God form vs LSSJ in one form or another.

To start with the god giving Saiyan ability is exactly how goku beat brolly the first time. It's a forshadow of this form and has mutliple other instances literally being part of the brolly movie and DB. Either way other things have been mentioned and the use of a female ssj and possibly more forms of it would make sense. This theme and ability has been in dragon ball for a very long time in many iterations seemingly unfullfilled since the very design of super Saiyan and possibly earlier. It would be very easy for him to return. I would not be surprised if the entire female ssj is a hinting at a future arc with brolly and lssj eventually being explored and explained or at least heavily involved.

I can't remember a lot of it. but the entire time I've watched dragon ball(which has been since the original animated series.) I've seen nothing but this central theme being played with. I've always assumed it was going to be used more fully. And it all leads to the things surrounding the brolly character. Shorter than I thought but it know it's in just about every part of the DB series especially since Z if not before. I assume something with his theme will be played on in major way at some point.
I'm trying to follow your line of thinking here:

1) SSG was first portrayed in the Broly movie when Goku gathered the energy of four other saiyans to defeat Broly. Okay, sure.

2) "Other things have been mentioned" and there are female Super Saiyans now. I don't see anything to this.

3) Themes and unfulfilled iterations of "themes." I... wut?

4) Since the original Dragon Ball animated series you've seen nothing but "this central theme" (god vs LSSJ? good vs evil?) played out, and somehow that theme, whatever it is, it all leads to Broly. Somehow Broly is what Dragon Ball has been all about from the beginning? At least since the beginning of Z? Really, what are you talking about?

Goku used SSG to defeat Broly, which is the entire premise of Dragon Ball as early as the beginning of Z if not before, and female super saiyans among other things mentioned confirms Broly is going to be in Super because ThemesTM. That seems to sum it up, to me, sorry if that's rude. Regardless, I'm not following...
Last edited by Ziegander on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:20 am

Ziegander wrote:
Arugela wrote:There is good reason to believe brolly will return in the show and be cannon. There are a ton of reasons actually. The entirety of the god design is a copy of and a buildup since the movies of the god form and good vs evil. God form vs LSSJ in one form or another.

I'm trying to follow your line of thinking here:

1) SSG was first portrayed in the Broly movie when Goku gathered the energy of four other saiyans to defeat Broly. Okay, sure.

2) "Other things have been mentioned" and there are female Super Saiyans now. I don't see anything to this.

3) Themes and unfulfilled iterations of "themes." I... wut?

4) Since the original Dragon Ball animated series you've seen nothing but "this central theme" (god vs LSSJ? good vs evil?) played out, and somehow that theme, whatever it is, it all leads to Broly. Somehow Broly is what Dragon Ball has been all about from the beginning? At least since the beginning of Z? Really, what are you talking about?

Sorry, lost me.
You don't have to be rude too... you can easily explain him why he is wrong.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:33 am

Because, when Kale showed her form, Goku and Vegeta should remember Broly, but they did not. End of story.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:51 am

Can you clarify what central theme you're talking about?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:59 am

I don't think Broly will ever appear in Super. The only possibility is that the anime staff/Dragon Ball Room show Broly to Toriyama, give him the premise of "Legendary Super Saiyan" and ask him to write a story around him. Though, for all we know, it might have already happened and Toriyama refused. Maybe at the time Toriyama had to write the story after Champa Tournament he got several suggestions from the staff but decided to go with the Future Trunks/Evil Goku one.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:18 am

The Broly trilogy doesn't fit with the main continuity, not even the first one alone.

If you mean return not literally, more like introducing the character into the 'canon' universe now or later in the story. Well, I wouldn't be against it, as Kale is the U6 LSS, Broly could be her U7 equivalent, lost in any planet since he was a child. The problem now is that Goku and Vegeta are way too strong for anything and wait for the new transformation.
Heno heno kappa!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:47 am

He can't "return", he was never really "there". Episode 100 confirmed that canonically, the Z Warriors never met Broly before because they didn't recognise Kale's transformation.

I don't know, he's in just about every spin-off game under the sun, I'm sure eventually he'll make his way into a canon project when Toei decides they need more money. For now, I'm kind of glad they took the direction they did with Kale. She's not the best character, but she has more potential than he ever did. With Broly, I really didn't need two extra movies, but with Kale I wouldn't mind seeing her show up after the ToP and fleshing out her backstory a little.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:25 am

Toei should re-use Broly's design as Kale's dad but still not have Goku or Vegeta recognize him.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:57 am

^hell no, wtf. Just leave the character where he is.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Toei should re-use Broly's design as Kale's dad but still not have Goku or Vegeta recognize him.
That's a masterpiece of an idea..
Just not kale's dad, his brother will be fine..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:06 am

Even the brother thing is a bad idea. Its better for him to stay where he is, in U7, in his own movies.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:07 am

BrolyKale wrote:Even the brother thing is a bad idea. Its better for him to stay where he is, in U7, in his own movies.
He isn't anywhere because he dosen't exist..
Now comes putting him in the show by some means, which the idea sounds wonderful for..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:12 am

They can create another design, why would they use Broly's design and make him Kale's brother? i dont like the idea at all. Now if u take Cooler's design and say that Frost is his brother, that'd sound dumb.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:16 am

BrolyKale wrote:They can create another design, why would they use Broly's design and make him Kale's brother?
To make him exist....

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:19 am

He already exists in his movies. Kale is fine with Caulifla, she doesnt need a brother who looks like Broly and randomly appears out of nowhere.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:21 am

BrolyKale wrote:He already exists in his movies.
And this idea with the thread ( I presume, I didn't understand the op at all ) is to have him exist outside of the movies... As a daily occurrence..

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:25 am

They can just say he is the legendary super saiyan from U7 and change his story a little bit to fit in DBS universe, but keep his backstory the same, he doesnt need to be Kale's brother to exist.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu