Limited edition blu ray art in Australia?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

nato25
Advanced Regular

Limited edition blu ray art in Australia?

Post by nato25 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this limited edition alternate art Australian retailer jb hifi is offering on the Dragon Ball Super volume 1 blu ray and dvd. Havent seen it offered elsewhere in the world.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-show ... -1/460142/

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Re: Limited edition blu ray art in Australia?

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:11 pm

It's just an extra slipcover. Everything else is identical to the normal Madman releases. I've got no idea why Australia only seemed to get it. (And I don't know why you'd need an incentive to get it from JB Hi-Fi, because it's normally cheapest there, anyway, but that's besides the point.)
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Kataphrut
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm a little disappointed I didn't find out about this until after I had already ordered it on Madman. I only did that because I had a discount voucher and figured I'd order a bunch of things in bulk, including The Final Chapters.

They look cool, but hey it's just the BoG saga. I'm more interested in having it for the special features vids than the actual show.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:58 pm

I bought this the other day. It's just the same Blu-ray release of DBS Part 1 but with a neat little slip cover that's exclusive at JB Hi-Fi.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Cool thanks for clearing that up guys :) #ausrules