What are Super's major Plotholes and Retcons so far?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: What are Super's major Plotholes and Retcons so far?

Post by Kinokima » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:31 pm

nato25 wrote:This is a great topic with some good discussion.

Top 5 for me from me in no particular order.

- changing how time travel works thanks to Black.
- changing how potara work, really taking away the whole permanent side effect and thus removing a lot of tension from the Buu saga (I guess they thought it was permanent back then, but still)
- vegitos clothes being the same despite Vegeta having armour on.
- surprised no ones mentioned this one, Trunks hair! Even the style is different and i hate so much that they recoloured it in past scenes (and they couldnt even be consistent with that)
- Freeza's 1.3 million power level line (thank god super erased that)

Okay I admit Trunks hair color also really bothers me. If they changed both Trunks to have blue hair I would be fine with it. But yes to have one with purple and one with blue makes no sense. Hopefully when chibi Trunks grows up a bit he will suddenly have blue hair. Then maybe I'll accept this weird out of nowhere change.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Kinokima wrote:
nato25 wrote:This is a great topic with some good discussion.

Top 5 for me from me in no particular order.

- changing how time travel works thanks to Black.
- changing how potara work, really taking away the whole permanent side effect and thus removing a lot of tension from the Buu saga (I guess they thought it was permanent back then, but still)
- vegitos clothes being the same despite Vegeta having armour on.
- surprised no ones mentioned this one, Trunks hair! Even the style is different and i hate so much that they recoloured it in past scenes (and they couldnt even be consistent with that)
- Freeza's 1.3 million power level line (thank god super erased that)

Okay I admit Trunks hair color also really bothers me. If they changed both Trunks to have blue hair I would be fine with it. But yes to have one with purple and one with blue makes no sense. Hopefully when chibi Trunks grows up a bit he will suddenly have blue hair. Then maybe I'll accept this weird out of nowhere change.
But that's the thing it wasn'st just oh Trunks is 35 now (rough guess don't crucify me) he's hair just kind of matured and went blue. They just expect us to believe that he has always had blue hair, even when he was a young kid all the way back in History of Trunks. This is the worst retcon to me as it is just that, a full blown retcon, everything else mentioned here I guess you could argue one way or another doesn't absolutely contradict past material, this is just straight up a ludicrous change.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:11 am

Do character development retcons count, because Super has had loads of those in the anime.

-Vegeta is usually depicted exactly 1:1 with his Cell saga self and his characterisation in the Buu saga was brushed over. His returned to a previous state.

-Goku is still an idiot who goes out of his way to endanger everyone, even though time and time again his been told to take things seriously. He hasn't learned the lessons his supposed to learn with each arc.

-Gohans character just continuously goes back and forth between wanting to train and not wanting to train.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:59 am

JazzMazz wrote:Do character development retcons count, because Super has had loads of those in the anime.

-Vegeta is usually depicted exactly 1:1 with his Cell saga self and his characterisation in the Buu saga was brushed over. His returned to a previous state.

-Goku is still an idiot who goes out of his way to endanger everyone, even though time and time again his been told to take things seriously. He hasn't learned the lessons his supposed to learn with each arc.

-Gohans character just continuously goes back and forth between wanting to train and not wanting to train.

If you're anything like me i can identify with gohans struggle to get back into training.

With vegeta are you talking about how hes just still trying to surpass goku? Because his attitude to family life is all buu saga (even further developed). Vegeta was brutally cold to his family until the very end of the cell saga.

Goku is very selfish and has been for a while

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:49 am

nato25 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Do character development retcons count, because Super has had loads of those in the anime.

If you're anything like me i can identify with gohans struggle to get back into training.

With vegeta are you talking about how hes just still trying to surpass goku? Because his attitude to family life is all buu saga (even further developed). Vegeta was brutally cold to his family until the very end of the cell saga.

Goku is very selfish and has been for a while
The thing about Gohan though is that he was shown to be training with Piccolo at the start of the universe 6 tournament, then he stopped for some reason, which I felt was a little dumb. Then he restarts training again this time with the same motivation as before, to protect his family. I just feel his character arc is becoming a little repetitive.

Yeah, at the end of the Buu arc Vegeta's motivation for getting stronger changed to getting the strongest he could get, he ended his rivalry with Goku by accepting he was the best. In Super his done a complete 180 and gone back to being angry when Goku becomes way more powerful than him. Hell, in this arc alone Vegeta in one of the dumbest monologues ever states how his going to "be the one to knock out Kakarot and win the ToP".

Goku's is that his not taking his fights seriously or ending them when he has the opportunity to(also letting his guard down). These were all lessons he was supposed to have learned at the very latest in the ROF arc, yet in this arc he constantly making those same mistakes over an over again.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:21 am

JazzMazz wrote: Yeah, at the end of the Buu arc Vegeta's motivation for getting stronger changed to getting the strongest he could get, he ended his rivalry with Goku by accepting he was the best. In Super his done a complete 180 and gone back to being angry when Goku becomes way more powerful than him. Hell, in this arc alone Vegeta in one of the dumbest monologues ever states how his going to "be the one to knock out Kakarot and win the ToP".
Not that I think Vegeta is handled the best way possible, but I don't feel like just because he accepted Goku was better than him, that he suddenly has to stop being Gokus rival. Rivalries don't have to be antagonistic with 2 characters hating each other. Being a Rival means you're in competition with someone.

Which is why I disagree with vegeta being 1:1 with his Cell arc self. I disliked Cell arc Vegeta. That Vegeta put his ego over everything else to the point where it put everyone in danger. The vegeta in the current arc has gone out of his way to help Goku and Roshi. I feel like his monologue doesn't mean he is a gigantic prick again or regressed as a character. At the very least not to his Cell arc self.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 am

Boo Machine wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Yeah, at the end of the Buu arc Vegeta's motivation for getting stronger changed to getting the strongest he could get, he ended his rivalry with Goku by accepting he was the best. In Super his done a complete 180 and gone back to being angry when Goku becomes way more powerful than him. Hell, in this arc alone Vegeta in one of the dumbest monologues ever states how his going to "be the one to knock out Kakarot and win the ToP".
Not that I think Vegeta is handled the best way possible, but I don't feel like just because he accepted Goku was better than him, that he suddenly has to stop being Gokus rival. Rivalries don't have to be antagonistic with 2 characters hating each other. Being a Rival means you're in competition with someone.

Which is why I disagree with vegeta being 1:1 with his Cell arc self. I disliked Cell arc Vegeta. That Vegeta put his ego over everything else to the point where it put everyone in danger. The vegeta in the current arc has gone out of his way to help Goku and Roshi. I feel like his monologue doesn't mean he is a gigantic prick again or regressed as a character. At the very least not to his Cell arc self.
Vegeta is absolutely nothing like Cell Vegeta. In this arc or any of Super. The fact that people can't see this means they miss subtle things about Vegeta's character or take everything he says at face value ignoring his actions.

A perfect example is the last episode when he tells Roshi that I am not here to help you I just can't stand Frost but when he sees Roshi is about to do the Mafuba again he yells stop moving around you will die. It is the same when he jumped into help Goku to fight the Universe 9 characters. It was obvious he jumped into help. But Vegeta is never going to outright admit that.

As for Vegeta saying I am going to win the TP on my own. He's still a Saiyan the same way Goku is. For both character the idea of relying on others is difficult for both of them. They want to fight the strongest characters and win on their own. It doesn't mean if someone is actually in trouble they will let them die or if it comes down to it and they need to use team work they won't. But of course in Vegeta's mind having to use team work is not what a Saiyan would do. And I could see Vegeta relying on himself to much and causing trouble for himself later down the line. But just because Vegeta is not perfect and can still make mistakes from time to time doesn't mean he is back to his old self either.

And yes Vegeta's rivalry with Goku in Super is completely different to how it was in Z. I already used the example in another thread of how Vegeta talked to Cabba and Future Trunks. That he expects them to try to surpass him. So if he says this Cabba and Trunks why would people think Vegeta is going to just sit around and just let Goku get stronger and stronger without trying to catch up to him. That's not in his nature. The difference in Super is this rivalry is not antagonistic (although it doesn't mean Vegeta will never ever be jealous of Goku but the difference is he can now move past that jealousy and still try to improve himself for the better whether he catches up to Goku or not).

Sorry when it comes to Vegeta I just have a lot to say!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:

Vegeta is absolutely nothing like Cell Vegeta. In this arc or any of Super. The fact that people can't see this means they miss subtle things about Vegeta's character or take everything he says at face value ignoring his actions.

A perfect example is the last episode when he tells Roshi that I am not here to help you I just can't stand Frost but when he sees Roshi is about to do the Mafuba again he yells stop moving around you will die. It is the same when he jumped into help Goku to fight the Universe 9 characters. It was obvious he jumped into help. But Vegeta is never going to outright admit that.

As for Vegeta saying I am going to win the TP on my own. He's still a Saiyan the same way Goku is. For both character the idea of relying on others is difficult for both of them. They want to fight the strongest characters and win on their own. It doesn't mean if someone is actually in trouble they will let them die or if it comes down to it and they need to use team work they won't. But of course in Vegeta's mind having to use team work is not what a Saiyan would do. And I could see Vegeta relying on himself to much and causing trouble for himself later down the line. But just because Vegeta is not perfect and can still make mistakes from time to time doesn't mean he is back to his old self either.

And yes Vegeta's rivalry with Goku in Super is completely different to how it was in Z. I already used the example in another thread of how Vegeta talked to Cabba and Future Trunks. That he expects them to try to surpass him. So if he says this Cabba and Trunks why would people think Vegeta is going to just sit around and just let Goku get stronger and stronger without trying to catch up to him. That's not in his nature. The difference in Super is this rivalry is not antagonistic (although it doesn't mean Vegeta will never ever be jealous of Goku but the difference is he can now move past that jealousy and still try to improve himself for the better whether he catches up to Goku or not).

It boggles my mind that people think that Vegeta's character in Super is anything like his characterisation in the Android/Cell arc. Android/Cell arc Vegeta was a bitter, angry, angsty bastard who bitched and moaned about nearly everything was willing to let people die to satisfy his ego. Vegeta's incarnation in Super is so far away from that.

In second episode of Super, he actually pulled through with his promise to go to take Kid Trunks on a day out, even though he clearly wasn't enjoying it, he still persevered for as long as he could to make Trunks and Bulma happy. Throughout the Future Trunks arc he was constantly supportive of Future Trunks and even mentioned that he wasn't fighting for himself but for Future Trunks world. And then he flat out refused to train with Goku in order to be with his wife at all time while she was heavily pregnant really speaks volumes for how much the character has progressed. He even wanted a more Saiyan-esque name form Bra and showed Trunks how to properly change her diaper. Vegeta during the Android/Cell arc would have never said or done any of this. Hell, even Majin Boo arc Vegeta wouldn't have said or done any of this since even during that time its established he's still quite distant with his family and socially reclusive given he admits he's never shown any physical affection towards his son.

People also take Vegeta's "Goku is Number 1" speech far to literally. There isn't enough context in the original story to suggest that after he admitted that Goku was "number 1", he just resided to that fact and stopped training because he's fine with status quo of being forever second banana to Goku. Vegeta knows that Goku for the moment is his superior but that doesn't equate to Vegeta residing to never wanting to improve himself. That is further emphasised with the Kanzenban ending of the final chapter in the manga where Vegeta states that he still wants to defeat Goku, and by that virtue, he wants to become as strong, if not, stronger than Goku. That desire of wanting to improve himself is still there. We don't actually know what Vegeta was doing from the end of Majin Boo arc to the final chapter in the manga. He may have still be training with the secret desire of wanting to keep with Goku.

The fact he's not perturbed at all by the wacky and goofy situations he may get himself into, like the escapades of the Copy Vegeta arc and the Arale episode, and the fact he's more than willing to humble himself, as shown with Beerus, just shows how much his character has grown. Yes, Vegeta still a guy that can still occasionally get angry and/or frustrated in some scenarios, like when Goku pulled off the SSJB/Kaioken combination technique, but quickly understands and accepts the fact that there some things that Goku can do that he can't, and doesn't angst and mentally stew over the whole deal and doesn't fly off the handle like he would have done many years ago.

Vegeta is more than willing to express his love and care for his family from time to time and how much his friendship with Goku means to him. Vegeta talking about how he'll defeat Goku and be the last one standing in the Tournament Of Power are statements that don't really hold a lot of weight to them considering you know it's just typical competitive banter from the context of a rivalry that's far more friendly and civil. Anybody who's family with any kind competitive sport, especially football and boxing, know that rivalries like that exist and comments like the one Vegeta made are extremely common. The progress into being friendly rivals who use each other to measure their personal growth is progress indeed. Vegeta doesn't need to be completely indifferent to Goku's ability and his progression of strength. It's just no longer the sole factor in determining his self-worth.

People may not be so keen on Vegeta being domesticated, but I enjoy seeing dad and supporting husband and actually being more outward with how much he wants to care for his family instead of being a tsundere twit about it like he was in the Majin Boo arc or the spiteful, whiny, evil prick who had a huge chip on his shoulder and was willing to let people die to satisfy his ego like he was in the Android/Cell arc.

So... yeah. I can't understand how anyone can think that Vegeta's characterisation in Super resemble that of the how he was characterised in the Future Trunks arc. He's show in Super to be not the same guy who always seemed to have a stick the size of Texas always stuck up his ass. Vegeta's characterisation is natural evolution of the character given he's learnt that life is too shot to pissed, grumpy or condescending over everything or anything and just settled down.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
Boo Machine wrote: Not that I think Vegeta is handled the best way possible, but I don't feel like just because he accepted Goku was better than him, that he suddenly has to stop being Gokus rival. Rivalries don't have to be antagonistic with 2 characters hating each other. Being a Rival means you're in competition with someone.

It boggles my mind that people think that Vegeta's character in Super is anything like his characterisation in the Android/Cell arc. Android/Cell arc Vegeta was a bitter, angry, angsty bastard who bitched and moaned about nearly everything was willing to let people die to satisfy his ego. Vegeta's incarnation in Super is so far away from that.

In second episode of Super, he actually pulled through with his promise to go to take Kid Trunks on a day out, even though he clearly wasn't enjoying it, he still persevered for as long as he could to make Trunks and Bulma happy. Throughout the Future Trunks arc he was constantly supportive of Future Trunks and even mentioned that he wasn't fighting for himself but for Future Trunks world. And then he flat out refused to train with Goku in order to be with his wife at all time while she was heavily pregnant really speaks volumes for how much the character has progressed. He even wanted a more Saiyan-esque name form Bra and showed Trunks how to properly change her diaper. Vegeta during the Android/Cell arc would have never said or done any of this. Hell, even Majin Boo arc Vegeta wouldn't have said or done any of this since even during that time its established he's still quite distant with his family and socially reclusive given he admits he's never shown any physical affection towards his son.

People also take Vegeta's "Goku is Number 1" speech far to literally. There isn't enough context in the original story to suggest that after he admitted that Goku was "number 1", he just resided to that fact and stopped training because he's fine with status quo of being forever second banana to Goku. Vegeta knows that Goku for the moment is his superior but that doesn't equate to Vegeta residing to never wanting to improve himself. That is further emphasised with the Kanzenban ending of the final chapter in the manga where Vegeta states that he still wants to defeat Goku, and by that virtue, he wants to become as strong, if not, stronger than Goku. That desire of wanting to improve himself is still there. We don't actually know what Vegeta was doing from the end of Majin Boo arc to the final chapter in the manga. He may have still be training with the secret desire of wanting to keep with Goku.

The fact he's not perturbed at all by the wacky and goofy situations he may get himself into, like the escapades of the Copy Vegeta arc and the Arale episode, and the fact he's more than willing to humble himself, as shown with Beerus, just shows how much his character has grown. Yes, Vegeta still a guy that can still occasionally get angry and/or frustrated in some scenarios, like when Goku pulled off the SSJB/Kaioken combination technique, but quickly understands and accepts the fact that there some things that Goku can do that he can't, and doesn't angst and mentally stew over the whole deal and doesn't fly off the handle like he would have done many years ago.

Vegeta is more than willing to express his love and care for his family from time to time and how much his friendship with Goku means to him. Vegeta talking about how he'll defeat Goku and be the last one standing in the Tournament Of Power are statements that don't really hold a lot of weight to them considering you know it's just typical competitive banter from the context of a rivalry that's far more friendly and civil. Anybody who's family with any kind competitive sport, especially football and boxing, know that rivalries like that exist and comments like the one Vegeta made are extremely common. The progress into being friendly rivals who use each other to measure their personal growth is progress indeed. Vegeta doesn't need to be completely indifferent to Goku's ability and his progression of strength. It's just no longer the sole factor in determining his self-worth.

People may not be so keen on Vegeta being domesticated, but I enjoy seeing dad and supporting husband and actually being more outward with how much he wants to care for his family instead of being a tsundere twit about it like he was in the Majin Boo arc or the spiteful, whiny, evil prick who had a huge chip on his shoulder and was willing to let people die to satisfy his ego like he was in the Android/Cell arc.

So... yeah. I can't understand how anyone can think that Vegeta's characterisation in Super resemble that of the how he was characterised in the Future Trunks arc. He's show in Super to be not the same guy who always seemed to have a stick the size of Texas always stuck up his ass. Vegeta's characterisation is natural evolution of the character given he's learnt that life is too shot to pissed, grumpy or condescending over everything or anything and just settled down.

If I could like this post a 100 times I would. It really frustrates me that people don't see the progress Vegeta has made in Super and think he is falling back into his old ways. People need to realize that actions often speak louder than words when it comes to Vegeta. He is a Tsundere who likes to appear tough. He's not going to admit that he is helping someone or that he actually cares about them (at least not in public)

I didn't need a continuation of Dragon Ball after Z and I was happy where the series left Vegeta but it's great to see him finally fully accept his place on Earth and role as one of the good guys. Sure there was some of that at the end of Z in the Buu arc but now I get to see it truly play out in several arcs in Super and what can I say I am greedy (in GT Vegeta's role was much smaller than it is in Super) . His character development in Super is wonderful. I never would have believed I would have gotten so many moments between Vegeta & Bulma (heck Vegeta even knew what Bulma's favorite food was it's little things like that which I love) that alone makes Super more than worth it for me.

And I also love Vegeta's relationship with Goku. Goku went to a character that Vegeta hated to one he obviously respects. The fact that Vegeta wants to catch up to Goku actually shows how much Goku means to Vegeta. In ROF Vegeta even said I can't kill Goku because he makes me stronger. I think Vegeta fully realizes what Goku gives him. Goku isn't just a character that Vegeta wants to beat, he is also why Vegeta has reached such a high level in the first place. That is what a positive rivalry is about.

Granted I don't like everything Super did with Vegeta (the whole Pacifier thing was dumb in the same way Goku didn't know what kissing was. Sometimes Toei takes humor a bit too far that is inconsistent with who the characters are) . But I usually take humorous scenes with a bit of a grain of salt and I don't let them completely define the characters.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 am

-Beerus telling Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta.
-Bulma and Vegeta having siblings.
-Beerus driving the dinosaurs on Earth to extinction.
-Namekians not being the originators of the Dragonballs.
-Animal people being gone except for Korin, Puar, Oolong and Shu.
-One Supreme Kai instead of four.
-Potara fusion having a time limit.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:17 am

Zeru14 wrote:-Beerus telling Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta.
-Bulma and Vegeta having siblings.
-Beerus driving the dinosaurs on Earth to extinction.
-Namekians not being the originators of the Dragonballs.
-Animal people being gone except for Korin, Puar, Oolong and Shu.
-One Supreme Kai instead of four.
-Potara fusion having a time limit.
And which ones plotholes and which ones are retcons?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:09 am

Every major character is at odds with how they were in the Buu arc. For the obvious reason that the Buu arc ended the series so every character seemed "retired" and ready to move on, but now that Super has come out every major character has to be reset to some degree.

It's even happened with Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, etc. Yamcha in the Buu arc retired from fighting, now in Super he wants to fight again although not given the chance. Krillin goes back and forth between being scared to fight and training. Tien...now talks to Goku again.

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:35 am

All of the nonsensical power scaling is a huge one for me. The way that SSB and SSG work in the anime was retconned in favor of how the manga portrayed it.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:35 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Beerus ordering Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta (The absolute worst retcon Super has introduced)
I completely agree. This one was pointless. Unless they plan on using it during a big battle between Beerus and Vegeta (doubtful). If not, all it does is undermine Frieza as a character.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

UnknownPigWarrior

Post by UnknownPigWarrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:11 pm

I've never seen anyone address this, but how come when Babidi comes to Earth in the Buy saga, Trunks is a child, but in F. Trunks timeline Trunks is an adult when he arrives!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 pm

UnknownPigWarrior wrote:I've never seen anyone address this, but how come when Babidi comes to Earth in the Buy saga, Trunks is a child, but in F. Trunks timeline Trunks is an adult when he arrives!
You already answered your own "question/claim". It's a different timeline. Also, it's possible that Babidi appeared around AGE 774 in the future but since everyone was already dead he left but then came back one more time.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:16 pm

UnknownPigWarrior wrote:I've never seen anyone address this, but how come when Babidi comes to Earth in the Buy saga, Trunks is a child, but in F. Trunks timeline Trunks is an adult when he arrives!
Probably the battle with Cell help create attention to Babidi and Dabra to Earth. The Cell Games never happen in Future Trunks timeline, so they show up much later.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 pm

If you told anyone a decade ago Freeza would return, and somehow become stronger than Cell, Buu, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan, and Super Saiyan Vegito...people would have laughed and told you to stop reading fanfiction.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 pm

People would have laugh at you for the idea of Goku Black back in 2007 on this site. People would be like "Get that AF shit out of here". Makes me wish I had a time machine and join the site under the name of "Future Trunks". I will be like "In 2015, we will get a new Dragon Ball series and we will have Freeza coming back, blue hair SSj forms, a evil Goku, universe busting powers, Planet Size Dragon Balls, the return of Future Trunks and other Universes". I would come back in 2016 and be like "I told you guys that I was right!".
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:37 pm

Well you're right, all of Super's ideas, characters and concepts really do sound like fanfiction when you hear about them.

I guess it's the execution in the episodes that makes people like these ideas (or at least most of them, not everything is well received) for us to continue watching.