How do you want Super to end?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How do you want Super to end?

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Beerus just says "Screw you all," and leaves. ....otherwise, I'd love another villain arc though

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Chuquita wrote:I want at least one more arc after the ToP is over. I want to end with the characters defeating some villain like how most of the Z arcs ended. I want a final arc full of plot, with a good variety of locations. I want to see it while Nozawa's still able to Gokû. I'd like to see Gokû in his EoZ dougi.

I'm just holding onto my mantra of waiting to see what this year's Jump Festa says.
Hold up. Does jump festa usually revealed something about the upcoming arcs?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:44 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I want at least one more arc after the ToP is over. I want to end with the characters defeating some villain like how most of the Z arcs ended. I want a final arc full of plot, with a good variety of locations. I want to see it while Nozawa's still able to Gokû. I'd like to see Gokû in his EoZ dougi.

I'm just holding onto my mantra of waiting to see what this year's Jump Festa says.
It did last year: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/12/20/dr ... nal-video/

And here's from 2015's: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/01/18/dr ... ter-names/

They also did stuff at Jump Festa in earlier years regarding BOG and FnF.

Unless the ToP lasts through to next spring we'll likely get info on the next arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:43 pm

Chuquita wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

It did last year: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/12/20/dr ... nal-video/

And here's from 2015's: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/01/18/dr ... ter-names/

They also did stuff at Jump Festa in earlier years regarding BOG and FnF.

Unless the ToP lasts through to next spring we'll likely get info on the next arc.
I'm hoping for some new info
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:51 pm

With Piccolo leaving Earth living the rest of his life with his people on Namek. If they're going to write him this poorly, may as well write him out of the story for good by doing that.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Theres only one ending I want, its that Goku ends up being the most powerful character out of the whole fictional verse :twisted:

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Same as EoZ only with added characters like 17, Beerus, Whis, etc.

But then after the credits roll, we pan to a shot inside the lookout, and you can hear Goku and Uub talking very distantly in the background before their voices fade out. It's quiet for a few seconds, and then you hear someone that sounds like Pilaf yell out "ARISE SHENRON AND GRANT MY WISH!". Cut to black. Then cut to the reaction of fans around the world losing their shit and rioting and trying to figure out how this M. Night Shymalan twist could make any kind of logical sense.

TOEI then proceeds to post an 18 page essay on their website with pictures, graphs, and diagrams (like what they did with the future trunks time traveling, only that wasn't an essay) describing how it's possible that Super could actually lead into GT.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Asura wrote:Same as EoZ only with added characters like 17, Beerus, Whis, etc.

But then after the credits roll, we pan to a shot inside the lookout, and you can hear Goku and Uub talking very distantly in the background before their voices fade out. It's quiet for a few seconds, and then you hear someone that sounds like Pilaf yell out "ARISE SHENRON AND GRANT MY WISH!". Cut to black. Then cut to the reaction of fans around the world losing their shit and rioting and trying to figure out how this M. Night Shymalan twist could make any kind of logical sense.

TOEI then proceeds to post an 18 page essay on their website with pictures, graphs, and diagrams (like what they did with the future trunks time traveling, only that wasn't an essay) describing how it's possible that Super could actually lead into GT.
That would be glorious.

Final credits roll, fade to black, but then.... "five years later..." and then what you said. i'd love it. :lol:

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Goku wakes up at the end of the show, saying he was dreaming. He's still a kid riding shenlong as they fly towards the sunset, with this song https://youtu.be/l12Csc_lW0Q in his mind.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:30 pm

If the end Super before EOZ then one final fight between Beerus and Goku. If it takes place after EOZ, the one final fight between Goku and Vegeta.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:58 am

ConfusedPhantom wrote:Beerus just says "Screw you all," and leaves.
This is actually the ending I predicted around episode 77 (has it been that long?), based on the start of the current arc.

Then they went and did nothing with the character-based tension.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:19 am

Gokuu dies of overeating. Piccolo becomes Gohan's dad officially. The End.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:06 am

Goku wakes up from his dream and realizes Super was just a bad nightmare

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Personally, I think Super should end with a bit of expansion on End of Z. Specifically, showing some of the aftermath of the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai.

Near this end scenario of mine, Beerus and Goku could have one last match where Goku ultimately shows that he's surpassed even the God of Destruction of Universe 7. Maybe afterwards, we skip forward a few years, shortly after the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. Goku introduces Uub to Beerus on Dende's lookout and tells him that someday, if he trains hard enough, he'll surpass Beerus, just like Goku did himself years back.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:07 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Personally, I think Super should end with a bit of expansion on End of Z. Specifically, showing some of the aftermath of the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai.

Near this end scenario of mine, Beerus and Goku could have one last match where Goku ultimately shows that he's surpassed even the God of Destruction of Universe 7. Maybe afterwards, we skip forward a few years, shortly after the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. Goku introduces Uub to Beerus on Dende's lookout and tells him that someday, if he trains hard enough, he'll surpass Beerus, just like Goku did himself years back.
Then Beerus trains for two minutes and he surpasses everyone again.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

garfield15
Beyond Newbie

Post by garfield15 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:49 pm

I think I agree with the idea that the finale needs to be Goku vs. Beerus to settle the score that started this whole new revival of DB. I'm just not sure whether Goku should win, lose or draw. It feels like all three could be viable options incorporated with the themes of Dragon Ball

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:49 pm

Beerus is much too low a bar to end the series with now.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:00 pm

You all already know my theory, the manga is setting it up because it’s literally going best for beat explaining that the current turn of events is all because of Goku and Beerus interactions.

They touch in the consequences of the Zamasu events, the consequences of Beerus interacting with Goku, the idea of the tournament coming from Zeno viewing the Universe 6/7 tournament. Literally everything about the last chapter was an emphasis on past events of Super causing their present situation.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:55 am

TheMikado wrote:You all already know my theory, the manga is setting it up because it’s literally going best for beat explaining that the current turn of events is all because of Goku and Beerus interactions.
Actually it's all because of Whis. If he didn't take Goku and Vegeta to train then they wouldn't have taken part in the other universes' tournaments nor would Goku have fought Zamasu.

If they plan on resetting everything (I doubt it) then BOG should stay because Goku's fight with Beerus wasn't the reason the post events happened. It was also Toriyama's first story after 18 years of retirnment and the one that revived the franchise so fo that alone it deserves to stay. It doesn't go against anything in GT or any future stories they could do later so there's really no reason to get rid of it, especially with how good its movie counterpart is.

Also keep in mind that Freeza would've been revived with or without Beerus so if not for them finding out about the ritual, Freeza would've killed everyone and EOZ wouldn't have happened.

I do understand why they might be thinking about it because everything is getting too big and by the time Toriyama's done I think it'll be hard for them to move forward. If they decide to do that I hope it's not Toriyama who does it cause we've waited so long for him to come back so I'd rather him just move onto EOZ and let them do it with whatever arc they start their next show with. What we're getting now seems like a natural continuation of the story and I'd like DB, Z & Super to be Toriyama's definitive story.
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:14 am

With a side-below view of Kami's lookout, a dark sky and a flash and the Ultimate Shenlong arrives. He vanishes. Camera zooms out of Earth and we see the Ultimate Dragon Balls vanish.

And then the final words:

TO BE CONTINUED ... IN THE GRAND TOUR.

And then this plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKHRQwCljlQ
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"