How do you want Super to end?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

How do you want Super to end?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:01 pm

Here's my ideal ending:

Both Zenos permanently fuse. Then they decide to destroy all of the universes. All of the gods, mortals, and angels from all of the remaining universes after the ToP work together to stop him, but he easily defeats them all, viewing the whole thing as just a game.

Then, when it looks like he's about to erase everything, Mr. Satan manages to talk with him and befriend him like he did with Buu, and convinces him that destroying universes is wrong. So they gather the Super Dragonballs and use them to wish back everything that Zeno erased (except Zamasu and other really evil beings), and the gods and mortals of all 18 universes hail Mr. Satan as the saviour of the multiverse, and build all kinds of monuments and such to honor him.

I think this would be funny and fit Toriyama's style.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sintzu
Banned

Re: How do you want Super to end?

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:11 am

I want to see another villain arc (or more) then finally a tournament between the strongest 4 universes and U7 that ends with Goku winning and becoming the strongest mortal in the multiverse.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:37 am

Goku, together with Beerus, Whis and the strongest mortals he has met in his life, rebels against the other Gods. In the end all Angels and Hakaishins except for Whis and Beerus are eliminated, and Zeno gets sealed by Beerus in some iconic object. When the battle is over, Goku asks Beerus for their rematch. They start fighting, but Beerus is way too tired so he tells Goku they will decide their battle later, after he wakes up in a few years.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:57 am

I would like to see the fight of Goku and Vegeta from Dragon Ball Online be adapted. Where they leave Earth to have one more final battle.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:03 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I would like to see the fight of Goku and Vegeta from Dragon Ball Online be adapted. Where they leave Earth to have one more final battle.
Doing that would mean putting an end to Goku's story cause he and Vegeta seemingly die afterwards. We know Super is leading up to EOZ so it'll just continue with a new arc and show afterwards.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:15 am

Super could go beyond DBZ as time goes on.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:03 am

Beerus challenges Goku to one final battle so they can "settle their score". This fight involves Goku going one by one through every technique and transformation he's developed throughout the series, with Beerus incrementally matching him. Also the insert music changes with each form whatever you'd call the "theme" of that transformation (so Umei no Hi for SSJ2 for example...I actually don't know enough of the classic themes). By the end of it, when the two of them have finally reached their peak power, they start wearing down. Punches become more laboured, the insert music changes to something melancholy, they're pretty much just brawling on the ground. At one point both fighters collapse to the ground, then simultaneously inject themselves with syringes full of liquefied senzu bean so they can keep going.

Also it's taking place on top of a giant warship and it ends with Beerus telling Goku he's "pretty good".

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:49 am

Kataphrut wrote:Beerus challenges Goku to one final battle so they can "settle their score". This fight involves Goku going one by one through every technique and transformation he's developed throughout the series, with Beerus incrementally matching him. Also the insert music changes with each form whatever you'd call the "theme" of that transformation (so Umei no Hi for SSJ2 for example...I actually don't know enough of the classic themes). By the end of it, when the two of them have finally reached their peak power, they start wearing down. Punches become more laboured, the insert music changes to something melancholy, they're pretty much just brawling on the ground. At one point both fighters collapse to the ground, then simultaneously inject themselves with syringes full of liquefied senzu bean so they can keep going.
So a mixture of Naruto's final fight with Sasuke and Snake's with liquid ? That kind of fight would fit Goku vs Vegeta better due to their history.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:06 am

sintzu wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:Beerus challenges Goku to one final battle so they can "settle their score". This fight involves Goku going one by one through every technique and transformation he's developed throughout the series, with Beerus incrementally matching him. Also the insert music changes with each form whatever you'd call the "theme" of that transformation (so Umei no Hi for SSJ2 for example...I actually don't know enough of the classic themes). By the end of it, when the two of them have finally reached their peak power, they start wearing down. Punches become more laboured, the insert music changes to something melancholy, they're pretty much just brawling on the ground. At one point both fighters collapse to the ground, then simultaneously inject themselves with syringes full of liquefied senzu bean so they can keep going.
So a mixture of Naruto's final fight with Sasuke and Snake's with liquid ? That kind of fight would fit Goku vs Vegeta better due to their history.
Oh, I've never even heard of a Naruto. That was 100% an MGS4 homage. And you know, I feel like Super has to end with a book-end of Goku vs Beerus. The Goku/Vegeta rivalry has been long settled, but in spite of all the powerful fighters that have come since him, Beerus still feels like the final goal.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:21 am

Kataphrut wrote:I've never even heard of a Naruto. That was 100% an MGS4 homage.
Naruto is as big as DB so I'm very surprised to hear someone involved with one not knowing about the other. It's a really good story that you should watch or read if you have the time.

I kind of forgot about that MGS fight but with it being big in Japan I guess it might've played a role on how Naruto's author decided on their fight.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:28 am

Goku becomes God itself. His very being merges with the frabic of all 20 universes, and becomes the spirit of life itself.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:02 am

sintzu wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:I've never even heard of a Naruto. That was 100% an MGS4 homage.
Naruto is as big as DB so I'm very surprised to hear someone involved with one not knowing about the other. It's a really good story that you should watch or read if you have the time.

I kind of forgot about that MGS fight but with it being big in Japan I guess it might've played a role on how Naruto's author decided on their fight.
Was joking about not having heard of it. It's just I can only devote myself to one super-long shounen epic and I made my choice years ago.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:08 am

precita wrote:Goku becomes God itself. His very being merges with the frabic of all 20 universes, and becomes the spirit of life itself.
Every time there's a fight going on somewhere in the Universe, you can hear a "Waku Waku" in the distance.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:12 am

Goku eats the sun.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:13 am

Kataphrut wrote:I can only devote myself to one super-long shounen epic and I made my choice years ago.
Naruto's anime finished in 2016 so without the filler it's just 400-410 episodes long.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:07 am

I don't really care where it ends if it's not the end of DB. But if it would be that, then I'd want Goku to enter a new world filled with new heights and greater challenges, with the promise that these too will be surpassed and overcome.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:18 am

<<<
Like that.

Also reveal that GT is another universe timeline that is connected to Super, and promptly have Zeno erase it. Like as soon as GT shows up Zeno justs goes "Nooope. Erase.", and it is never mentioned again. Matter of fact reveal that Zeno can make it so it never existed. Ok, maybe I don't actually dislike GT that much, but it would be kind of funny

:D

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:46 am

How it ends isn't exactly a problem since I don't know what I'm expecting. But it better take place after EoZ
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:54 am

I want at least one more arc after the ToP is over. I want to end with the characters defeating some villain like how most of the Z arcs ended. I want a final arc full of plot, with a good variety of locations. I want to see it while Nozawa's still able to Gokû. I'd like to see Gokû in his EoZ dougi.

I'm just holding onto my mantra of waiting to see what this year's Jump Festa says.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:20 pm

i don't want Super to end anytime soon, and i think we are far from that [even if it reaches EoZ i think it would continue with new stories], but i would like to see Goku and Vegeta becoming Gods of Destruction in 2 different universes [both has god ki, and Goku knows how to use the "Hakai"], both surpassing Beerus, and the universes they guide having the highest mortal levels of all, or something like that.

I hope that this day is far away, and i think that Dragon Ball should be like One Piece, without reaching an end.