What if Universe 7 loses the tournament? Do they get erased forever?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

What if Universe 7 loses the tournament? Do they get erased forever?

Post by precita » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:27 pm

I mean Jiren could wipe out everyone from Universe 7. Then what? Goku's team would lose, and our universe would be erased. Then what?

That's it? Shows over, time to go home. What would they do?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: What if Universe 7 loses the tournament? Do they get erased forever?

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Considering that Super takes place before the epilogue in the manga, I think it's safe to say that Goku and his friends will eventually walk out of this whole thing perfectly fine. Even if they do end up getting erased, it'll most likely be undone almost instantly.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:54 pm

We know Universe 7 has to survive, but I could still see some potential story elements happening if they do lose.

1. The winning Universe revives them along with everyone else using their wish on the Super Dragon Balls. Unlikely since the most likely candidate to get the wish is Jiren and the Pride Troopers do not care for Goku. I could easily see Toppo telling Jiren to exclude Universe 7 from the revival.

2. Maybe Goku is spared from the erasure because the Zenos like him. It'd lead into an arc where Goku on his own has to find a way to bring undo what's been done and bring anyone back.

That said, if Universe 6 and 7 go, what happens to the Super Dragon Balls? They'd have nowhere to return to after the wish is made.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:00 pm

My guess on what happen is that

A - Universe 6 wins and Champa wishes back Universe 7

B - Jiren wins the Tournament and the Pride Troopers feel like that Goku was not a bad person after all. So they wish back Universe 7 and Jiren hopes to fight Goku again.

C - The Tournament ends with fighters from U2, U4, U6, U7 and U11 still standing. So Zeno decided to spare them and hope to do another Tournament in the future.

D - Goku wins and they wish back all of the Universes that got erased in the Tournament
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Well, universe 7 will be erased and everyone from it will be dead, except Goku. Zeno likes his friend a lot, so he will transport Goku's soul/consciousness into a teddy bear, which will contain its own fabricated universe 7, empowered by what Goku would want to experience in his own universe. Goku will meet a student, be able to leave his frightening wife for a long time, meet lots of strong fighters across the galaxy, and travel the universe with his "granddaughter" in search of dragon balls. Perhaps, at the end, he will be given an opportunity to have his soul returned to his original universe, which he will take, despite there being nothing there. Goku's soul will leave this fabrication behind and live alone in the void that was once universe 7 for all eternity.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:16 pm

It would just be brought back.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:11 am

Zeno hesitates because he likes Goku and doesn't want to see him go. I'm curious to see if he would go through with erasing his friend, so far he hasn't expressed any negativity towards Goku or Universe 7.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:19 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Well, universe 7 will be erased and everyone from it will be dead, except Goku. Zeno likes his friend a lot, so he will transport Goku's soul/consciousness into a teddy bear, which will contain its own fabricated universe 7, empowered by what Goku would want to experience in his own universe. Goku will meet a student, be able to leave his frightening wife for a long time, meet lots of strong fighters across the galaxy, and travel the universe with his "granddaughter" in search of dragon balls. Perhaps, at the end, he will be given an opportunity to have his soul returned to his original universe, which he will take, despite there being nothing there. Goku's soul will leave this fabrication behind and live alone in the void that was once universe 7 for all eternity.
Enjoyable read, thanks :P

Unless Super Shenlong or Zeno can bring them back, they are gone forever and who wouldn't want the series to end on such an uplifting note?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:50 pm

WittyUsername wrote:Considering that Super takes place before the epilogue in the manga, I think it's safe to say that Goku and his friends will eventually walk out of this whole thing perfectly fine. Even if they do end up getting erased, it'll most likely be undone almost instantly.

Plot twist the EOB was actually the last dream they all had before they were erased from existence forever :twisted:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:00 pm

With a tournament that has such high stakes, I would be surprised. It would be the equivalent of declaring Cell the victor of the Cell Games. No one could do anything to stop him unless they were to try something different than a traditional fight like the Mafuba, and even then there's no guarantee of it working since Cell might have a genetic memory of the technique.

Universe 7's only hope would be for Zeno's partiality to Goku having some kind of impact on the survival of the Saiyan himself and possibly others. If Goku is at least able to survive then it might be possible to persuade the Zenos to allow him to use the Super Dragonballs to wish everyone erased back, thanks largely in part to their favouritism towards Goku.

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:05 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Well, universe 7 will be erased and everyone from it will be dead, except Goku. Zeno likes his friend a lot, so he will transport Goku's soul/consciousness into a teddy bear, which will contain its own fabricated universe 7, empowered by what Goku would want to experience in his own universe. Goku will meet a student, be able to leave his frightening wife for a long time, meet lots of strong fighters across the galaxy, and travel the universe with his "granddaughter" in search of dragon balls. Perhaps, at the end, he will be given an opportunity to have his soul returned to his original universe, which he will take, despite there being nothing there. Goku's soul will leave this fabrication behind and live alone in the void that was once universe 7 for all eternity.
Enjoyable read, thanks :P

Unless Super Shenlong or Zeno can bring them back, they are gone forever and who wouldn't want the series to end on such an uplifting note?
That's very uplifting. After every bad day at work onwards, I will think "at least my universe was not destroyed."

That makes me better than the gods of universes 9 and 10, right? Such heroics.

If you did read it please tell me how.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:My guess on what happen is that

A - Universe 6 wins and Champa wishes back Universe 7

B - Jiren wins the Tournament and the Pride Troopers feel like that Goku was not a bad person after all. So they wish back Universe 7 and Jiren hopes to fight Goku again.

C - The Tournament ends with fighters from U2, U4, U6, U7 and U11 still standing. So Zeno decided to spare them and hope to do another Tournament in the future.

D - Goku wins and they wish back all of the Universes that got erased in the Tournament
I like options B, C, and D, but why you excluded U3 from option C? They have quite a few participants still remaining don't they?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 pm

I have a feeling that U3 is going to be erased next since it seems like most of their fighters are jobbers.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/