What If There's No Explanation For Goku's New Form?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: What If There's No Explanation For Goku's New Form?

Post by TheMikado » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:13 pm

Ok so is Goku powerful from the absorption or the move without thinking? Does this mean he can’t go this form again unless he absorbs another one?

I’m not seeing how movement without thinking makes him punch harder.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:20 pm

TheMikado wrote:Ok so is Goku powerful from the absorption or the move without thinking? Does this mean he can’t go this form again unless he absorbs another one?

We are not sure.

[spoiler]What seems to happen is that the Genki Dama collapsed under the force of Goku and Jiren's struggle. Goku was burnt out and fell into what looked like a singularity/black hole and disappeard. After a short time he reapeared in his new form.

Whis says that passing through the Genki Dama must have caused it but its not the same as absorbing it. Roshi also commented that Goku's ki was "Dreadfully Still".[/spoiler]

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Ok so is Goku powerful from the absorption or the move without thinking? Does this mean he can’t go this form again unless he absorbs another one?

We are not sure.

[spoiler]What seems to happen is that the Genki Dama collapsed under the force of Goku and Jiren's struggle. Goku was burnt out and fell into what looked like a singularity/black hole and disappeard. After a short time he reapeared in his new form.

Whis says that passing through the Genki Dama must have caused it but its not the same as absorbing it. Roshi also commented that Goku's ki was "Dreadfully Still".[/spoiler]
Ugh I really want to like this, the look is cool but this feels too much like SSBxKK all over again in execution :(

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:33 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

We are not sure.

Ugh I really want to like this, the look is cool but this feels too much like SSBxKK all over again in execution :(
Man I know you and I never quite see eye to eye on the subject of Super, but I get were your comming from so I'm not gonna say you have to like it.

What I will say is that this is only the middle of the arc so unlike SSBKK and .....what ever the hell Trunks has these days, they have got time to explain it. I'm not saying they will but lets just see were their going with this first.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:37 pm

It basically seems as though a freak accident, Goku was temporarily granted power (his new and unnamed form) and abilities (Mastery of Self-Movement/Secret of Selfishness) far beyond the realm of possibility for a mortal and his personal threshold. I guess you say Goku reached enlightenment. But there's a reason why I say the jury is still out, and that's because it's all theories as of now.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

We are not sure.

Man I know you and I never quite see eye to eye on the subject of Super, but I get were your comming from so I'm not gonna say you have to like it.

What I will say is that this is only the middle of the arc so unlike SSBKK and .....what ever the hell Trunks has these days, they have got time to explain it. I'm not saying they will but lets just see were their going with this first.
Definitely agree. I think the idea and concept of the technique is too good to not be used... and I’ll definitelty give it the same chance I gave all the others. It waited until Kale gained her second SSJ before taking a real issue with the lack of explanation of the first. If/when he goes into it again I would hope we all have a better idea of what it is by then.
So far I really like the mangas foreshadowing of it so I’m hoping for this:

A true emphasis on technique rather than power.
I’ve said this before but I want to see it implemented the way Beerus used it, allowing Goku to dodge attacks from stronger enemies. I’d also like to see Goku use momentum and precision based attacks on Jiren as a compensation for the disparity in raw power. I’m not sure I like this being a “form” but I do like the idea of it being a technique similar to kaioken.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:34 am

The only thing temporary was Goku's stamina. Once he burned through what was left of the Genki Dama he couldn't keep going. If and when he regains his stamina he'll be able to do it again. I'm sure there'll be a learning period, but it's going to be this tournament, not a future arc.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:45 am

TheMikado wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

We are not sure.

Elaborate?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:54 am

Simere wrote:The only thing temporary was Goku's stamina. Once he burned through what was left of the Genki Dama he couldn't keep going. If and when he regains his stamina he'll be able to do it again. I'm sure there'll be a learning period, but it's going to be this tournament, not a future arc.
You basically summed up my thoughts in a nutshell! I agree man!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:31 am

I watched the special twice now and I still don't understand Goku's new form. None of the God's do either, so I guess this might be explained later on?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:41 am

precita wrote:I watched the special twice now and I still don't understand Goku's new form. None of the God's do either, so I guess this might be explained later on?
They understand it, they just don't believe it.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:48 am

Whis said that because he resisted the Genki Dama with his own power, he broke through his limits and potential and reached greater heights. Absorbing the Genki Dama just gave him temporary stamina like some have already said.

My guess is that Goku will regain his stamina while others distract Jiren, and then have a final "real" bout with. I love the concept and hope it gets expanded on.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:12 am

I think it will be like SSG. He needed help to achieve the form initially, but after experiencing what it's like to be at that level he will be able to reach it again on his own.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:15 am

With this much power used they should have just gone the extra mile and make Goku say "oh yeah, this form is also still not boosted with a Kaiouken so ... KAIOUKEN" Who cares if it runs out, if he only needs seconds to beat his enemy - but I guesss Jiren is so ridiculous they find a way to say he resists even that.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

oozaru goku

Post by oozaru goku » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:27 am

I don't understand why absorbing the spirit bomb makes goku's body being able to react without thinking at the first place. Actually it's just the spirit bomb from like 10 people isn't it? Even if it has frieza's, gohan's and 17 18 power but it's just a part of their full power lol How come the spirit bomb strong enough to face jiren or boost goku's power like that??? Also people like roshi&krillin&tien, they're already out of the ring so why they can give their energy to defeat another team member in the ring. well this episode is just full of irreasonable and fan service things :thumbdown:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:35 am

oozaru goku wrote:I don't understand why absorbing the spirit bomb makes goku's body being able to react without thinking at the first place. Actually it's just the spirit bomb from like 10 people isn't it? Even if it has frieza's, gohan's and 17 18 power but it's just a part of their full power lol How come the spirit bomb strong enough to face jiren or boost goku's power like that??? Also people like roshi&krillin&tien, they're already out of the ring so why they can give their energy to defeat another team member in the ring. well this episode is just full of irreasonable and fan service things :thumbdown:
The Genkidama itself gave him a boost but the Genkidama mainly forced him to reach new heights. So basically his body was forced to either learn or die. The "how" of course is not really explained so if that is what you want, yeah - Dragon Ball.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:39 am

oozaru goku wrote:I don't understand why absorbing the spirit bomb makes goku's body being able to react without thinking at the first place. Actually it's just the spirit bomb from like 10 people isn't it? Even if it has frieza's, gohan's and 17 18 power but it's just a part of their full power lol How come the spirit bomb strong enough to face jiren or boost goku's power like that???
It didn't. All absorbing it did was give him a limited amount of energy to keep fighting. Struggling and succeeding to overcome the Genki Dama was what triggered the Ultra Instinct. It could have been any overwhelmingly powerful blast that could have triggered it; at least as far as the explanation Whis gave goes.

oozaru goku

Post by oozaru goku » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:41 am

Cetra wrote:
oozaru goku wrote:I don't understand why absorbing the spirit bomb makes goku's body being able to react without thinking at the first place. Actually it's just the spirit bomb from like 10 people isn't it? Even if it has frieza's, gohan's and 17 18 power but it's just a part of their full power lol How come the spirit bomb strong enough to face jiren or boost goku's power like that??? Also people like roshi&krillin&tien, they're already out of the ring so why they can give their energy to defeat another team member in the ring. well this episode is just full of irreasonable and fan service things :thumbdown:
The Genkidama itself gave him a boost but the Genkidama mainly forced him to reach new heights. So basically his body was forced to either learn or die. The "how" of course is not really explained so if that is what you want, yeah - Dragon Ball.
Again, why did the spirit bomb from like 10people could boost or force the body of goku ssbkk20??? It shouldn't be enough to even destroy kid buu or someone that level, also jiren isn't evil, so actually using the spirit bomb to fight him is the most stupid choice but yeah it's dragonball SUPER so it's just make this and that to asspull goku's power

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:25 am

oozaru goku wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Again, why did the spirit bomb from like 10people could boost or force the body of goku ssbkk20??? It shouldn't be enough to even destroy kid buu or someone that level, also jiren isn't evil, so actually using the spirit bomb to fight him is the most stupid choice but yeah it's dragonball SUPER so it's just make this and that to asspull goku's power
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:26 am

oozaru goku wrote:
Cetra wrote:
When Goku says the Spirit Bomb wont hurt Gohan, he means if he deflects it. If he let it detonate in his face it would have hurt him.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"