Universe 7 have cheated?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Universe 7 have cheated?

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:46 pm

So having thoroughly enjoyed the special one tiny thing bugged me which I guess can largely be ignored,

Fighters outside the ring giving energy, i.e Krillin Tien and Roshi.

Frost got erased for trying to put his energy in the ring to attack frieza, yet our fighters are allowed to interfere.

Taking this one step further Master Roshi giving his genki energy to Goku isn't legitimate as he took a senzu bean after being eliminated. This meant there was outside interference in the energy provided to Goku, as Roshi wouldn't have been able to provide as much without a performance restoring drug. Which outside the ring is no issue but is when feeding inside.

Am I just being pedantic? Quite possibly

Did it ruin my enjoyment of the scene not really.

But I just thought it a reasonable thing to bring up for discussion. Did our heroes cheat?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Universe 7 have cheated?

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Frost tried to attack Frieza from the stands after having been eliminated. Roshi, Tien and Krillin gave their energy to Goku who then launched an attack on his own. If Ribrianne getting help from Sanka and Helles isn't cheating then that should be fine too.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Frost tried to attack Frieza from the stands after having been eliminated. Roshi, Tien and Krillin gave their energy to Goku who then launched an attack on his own. If Ribrianne getting help from Sanka and Helles isn't cheating then that should be fine too.
Forgot about the U2 intervention. - Cheating, no different to the Trio's fruit.

also I mean the grand priest shown he was a stickler for the rules about Jiren not being D'Qed throwing Goku's attack back at him. When lets face it if Jiren didn't want to 'kill' Goku he could've chucked it to the side or in the sky. Jiren shown killing intent there but grand priest ignored it to solidly follow the rules.

So I find it odd he didn't mention anything about the 3 bald humans helping.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:00 pm

I think the Rule is Direct Fighting or Direct Action of an attack from the stands that is not allow.

The rule of assistance had me worried but it seems that does not the case here, even U11 Mentally Helped Jiren before his fight, so that was assistance in a way too. Anyways, by likelihood it made for a more interesting fight and by the terms of this ToP if it makes the fight NEAT, it is Ok! ;)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:03 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:I think the Rule is Direct Fighting or Direct Action of an attack from the stands that is not allow.

The rule of assistance had me worried but it seems that does not the case here, even U11 Mentally Helped Jiren before his fight, so that was assistance in a way too. Anyways, by likelihood it made for a more interesting fight and by the terms of this ToP if it makes the fight NEAT, it is Ok! ;)
Yeah I do agree, plus Zeno has the final say. I'm just trying to nitpick, which means if my nitpick is so minor the special did its job well.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I think the Rule is Direct Fighting or Direct Action of an attack from the stands that is not allow.

Yeah I do agree, plus Zeno has the final say. I'm just trying to nitpick, which means if my nitpick is so minor the special did its job well.
It does makes sense really to ask Question Krillin1994, I was thinking it as well that such actions would lead to more erasing! But maybe since Episode 105 it has to be Seen as if the Zeno's say OK then even if their was a rule against it, it is gone now cause they say so! :lol:

It is a good question, but it seems to have the same answer.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:08 pm

One of the U2 maidens, did also give energy to Ribrianne for her to transform, I was sure that it counts as cheating, but well whatever

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:32 pm

I guess it should be cheating (same with Ribrianne's transformation) but the genkidama is awesome, so Zeno would have allowed it even if that was brought up.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:44 pm

It's only cheating if Zen-Oh says. He didn't say anything ergo it's allowed.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:05 pm

Zeno doesnt care if Goku cheats. When he thought Goku was out you could see the little guy(s) rethinking their entire existence. :lol:
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Yeah, it's a weird line. I figured Tien, Roshi, and Krillin would not be allowed to help.

Technically, yelling at your universe's team could count as assistance. Belmod's telepathy could be categorized under this too.

However, providing energy is probably in the wrong.

The Zenos never said anything, so I guess it is okay though.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:18 pm

As far as we know Zeno says himself that there is to be no attacking from the outside, nothing about energy assistance

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also probably "cause it cool." reasoning

oozaru goku

Post by oozaru goku » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:30 pm

U7 could do anything because it's U7 lol Was shooting energy from outside (like Frost) really that difference from sending energy from outside (like the baldies give power to the spirit bomb)? Nope it's the same, interfering the competition from outside from people who's already out of the match, so it's again they made zeno always allowed everything U7 did :thumbdown:

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Yeah, Zen'o by the book. He doesn't care about the meaning of "fair". He allows whatever looks cool. He didn't allow Frost's attack because nothing "cool" would come out of it. With the humans sharing their energy something "cool" did come out of it. That's the difference.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Making rules and then breaking them at unexpected moments is fulfilling.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

oozaru goku

Post by oozaru goku » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:37 pm

Animelover5487 wrote:Yeah, Zen'o by the book. He doesn't care about the meaning of "fair". He allows whatever looks cool. He didn't allow Frost's attack because nothing "cool" would come out of it. With the humans sharing their energy something "cool" did come out of it. That's the difference.
Everything that's "cool" in this arc is from U7 isn't it? That's why I said it's allowed because it's U7 :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:00 am

It looked cool, so it's safe.

Universe 2 did the same thing for Ribrianne.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:23 am

oozaru goku wrote:
Animelover5487 wrote:Yeah, Zen'o by the book. He doesn't care about the meaning of "fair". He allows whatever looks cool. He didn't allow Frost's attack because nothing "cool" would come out of it. With the humans sharing their energy something "cool" did come out of it. That's the difference.
Everything that's "cool" in this arc is from U7 isn't it? That's why I said it's allowed because it's U7 :lol:
Not really, he didn't disqualify Ribranne even though she got energy from Helles and that other magical girl that was eliminated. Nor did he disqualify Jiren when Jiren intentionally tried to kill Goku under the flimsy excuse of it being his own technique killing him.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:21 am

It falls under the same category as Goku appropriating Roshi's sunglasses to defend his line of sight from Tenshinhan's Taiyoken in the 22nd tournament. Goku's attack should have been invalidated and called foul by Daishinkan. However, knowing Zeno's inconsistent arbitrariness, what's fair doesn't register in his mind; as long as it looks appealing to him that's all that matters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 am

I think people tend to forget that the whole purpose of this tournament isn't just so that one universe can survive, but to also entertain Zeno. If something happens that may seem like it's breaking the rules, but it is cool to see, he'll allow it.