New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:36 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 0463735808 So according to these twitter translations and the image of future Japanese action figures, a new character from the Tournament of Power will be revealed.

The fact that they said new means that it can't be Jiren. It can't be the U4 hidden fighters because they are bugs and a can't be the namekians because they have already been shown in multiple pics and there are 2 of them.

The image also says the the silhouette for the character is not drawn to scale or is not drawn in the shape of the actually character so don't take the image of the character seriously.

I'm personally hoping that its Zarama the Dragon God and the creator of the Super Dragon balls and Super Shenron. Maybe he appears before the Super Dragon Balls are used. In the U6 V U7 Tournament Zeno came at the end. Maybe Zarama will come at the end of the Tournament of Power.

What do you guys think?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5827
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:11 am

Is Zarama a "warrior"?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:20 am

It could be the bugs or the Namekians since we haven't really seen them like we have other characters. It can easily just be a transformation.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:40 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:It could be the bugs or the Namekians since we haven't really seen them like we have other characters. It can easily just be a transformation.
Can't be the case for the bugs because there are two of them but only one silhouette for one character.

It could be the namekians if they end up fusing but I feel like Zarama would be more interesting of a character to show up.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:45 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:It could be the bugs or the Namekians since we haven't really seen them like we have other characters. It can easily just be a transformation.
Can't be the case for the bugs because there are two of them but only one silhouette for one character.

It could be the namekians if they end up fusing but I feel like Zarama would be more interesting of a character to show up.
The Namekians could be connected to Zarama somehow and I would be ok if it was Zarama but I don't really understand why though.

They would promote the better of the 2 if it was the Namekians or Bugs so it could be them.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:43 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:It could be the bugs or the Namekians since we haven't really seen them like we have other characters. It can easily just be a transformation.
Can't be the case for the bugs because there are two of them but only one silhouette for one character.

It could be the namekians if they end up fusing but I feel like Zarama would be more interesting of a character to show up.
The Namekians could be connected to Zarama somehow and I would be ok if it was Zarama but I don't really understand why though.

They would promote the better of the 2 if it was the Namekians or Bugs so it could be them.
Well for starters, if the speculation that Zeno is basically the ultimate God of Destruction who has never created any life or planets, and the Grand Priest is his Angel, and Zarama could be the creator of the universes due his huge power (he or she must be powerful if he/she could make limitless wish orbs), then Zarama could show up because of sensing all this unnecessary destruction.

Another reason is this parallel. In the U6 V U7 arc, at the end Zeno, the one of the most important cosmic beings showed up. After that, the next arc introduced another one of the most important cosmic beings and the best fighter. Going by this chain, it makes sense for another important cosmic being to show up in this arc. Plus Zarama's Supert Dragon Balls are being used.

Plus, it would just be more interesting as a whole. And the bugs or namekians seem more on the level of importance as at most Caulifla and Kale. Just my opinion though.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
pacz360
I Live Here
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:38 am

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by pacz360 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:55 am

its says NEW CHARACTERS people not the ones we know
For fucks sakes people come on it ain't the bugs nor the namekians we know what they look like :yawn:

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:57 am

pacz360 wrote:its says NEW CHARACTERS people not the ones we know
For fucks sakes people come on it ain't the bugs nor the namekians we know what they look like :yawn:
They can be considered ne though as they have done nothing and they could just be saying that to hype the new toy up. It can easily just be someone lookong different.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20694
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:13 am

It's Zeno's mother.

User avatar
Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1899
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 am

What if Jiren somehow absorbs Hit? We don't really know whether Jiren has any special abilities. And that figure looks like a mix between the two of them (Jiren's head & Hit's build and pose)

User avatar
pacz360
I Live Here
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:38 am

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by pacz360 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:55 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote:its says NEW CHARACTERS people not the ones we know
For fucks sakes people come on it ain't the bugs nor the namekians we know what they look like :yawn:
They can be considered ne though as they have done nothing and they could just be saying that to hype the new toy up. It can easily just be someone lookong different.
Yet they said mysterious as well so it's someone we hadn't seen yet

User avatar
Konig
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by Konig » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:04 pm

Xeogran wrote:What if Jiren somehow absorbs Hit? We don't really know whether Jiren has any special abilities. And that figure looks like a mix between the two of them (Jiren's head & Hit's build and pose)
That's a possibility, but It'd be a letdown for me, since this was already used by two main villains (Cell and Buu). I'd much rather see a new character, instead of a mix of two known ones, mainly because Jiren and (especially) Hit work so well as individual characters. Also, I see two problems that could result from this absorption:

1. If it's a permanent absorption, wouldn't it count as killing?
2. A Jiren-Hit character would be absolutely OP. I can't see any character beating him, even Goku in his Ultra Instinct transformation.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Xeogran wrote:What if Jiren somehow absorbs Hit? We don't really know whether Jiren has any special abilities. And that figure looks like a mix between the two of them (Jiren's head & Hit's build and pose)
Can't be the case. As said before, the silhouette was not drawn to resemble the actually character. For all we know the character could look like a boat with legs. DTake the actually shape of the character with a grain of salt.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by Kishido » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:00 pm

I say Zarama

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1262
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Despite how it is worded I still think the figure is Jiren (maybe a new form) but I guess we will see.

Note: This set also seems to include Gohan and Hit and is supposed to represent the climax of the arc.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/631910- Mystery Character
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/631909- Hit
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/631906- Goku
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/631908- Gohan

User avatar
MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:02 pm
Location: Zen-chan's bedroom

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:19 pm

If this exact sillhouette belongs to a new character and is not just a random one,I think it is a form of Jiren.

A slimmed down design with no power restrains.That may explain why he is so bulky in his current design.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by Kishido » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:29 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote:If this exact sillhouette belongs to a new character and is not just a random one,I think it is a form of Jiren.

A slimmed down design with no power restrains.That may explain why he is so bulky in his current design.
Can't tbe the boots aren't matching

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:36 pm

My bet's on it being the Omni-Mom.
Dragon Ball's deity staircase goes on seemingly forever; I can absolutely see the Omni Kings having parents.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:02 pm
Location: Zen-chan's bedroom

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Kishido wrote:
MyNiggaGoku wrote:If this exact sillhouette belongs to a new character and is not just a random one,I think it is a form of Jiren.

A slimmed down design with no power restrains.That may explain why he is so bulky in his current design.
Can't tbe the boots aren't matching
Yeah you're right.A brand new character then.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Chuquita wrote:My bet's on it being the Omni-Mom.
Dragon Ball's deity staircase goes on seemingly forever; I can absolutely see the Omni Kings having parents.
I don't think so. You shouldn't be going off of the looks of the silhouette's looks because the silhouette isn't supposed to resemble the actually character says the actually translations. Plus the silhouette is basically just Hit turned at an angle
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Post Reply