How much longer do you want the TOP to go on for?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

How much longer do you want the TOP to go on for?

Post by precita » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:03 pm

So the TOP of power has been airing for some time. There's still tons of characters left in the tournament. Goku/Jiren when they fight for the climax is bound to be at least 4-5 episodes long in itself.

How many more eps do you want?

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How much longer do you want the TOP to go on for?

Post by Zagacious » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:26 pm

I think it'll go on for about 6-8 more, but I only think the Jiren vs Goku fight will be an episode or two. Even the fight in the special was extremely short, although I'm expecting the final fight to be much longer I doubt it. If something else happens like the gods intervene or something of that nature then it could go on a lot longer.

I think it's clear now the other characters will probably mean nothing, although they could surprise us thought it wouldn't matter much at this point unless they are near god level. Goku is going to rest a few episodes and then finish off Jiren, or come out equal afterwards. I'm starting to think Frieza may intervene and help against Jiren in some way (other than just giving him energy in the next ep it looks like) because it's possible Golden Frieza is stronger than SSB Vegeta but can't really say for sure.
Last edited by Zagacious on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:28 pm

2 minutes per episode is a fair use of time, tho I would personally like the remaining 10-15 minutes of the TOP to be used for the greater fights and by then at least 2 more Universes to be erased and not more than 10 fighters to remain.
So taken this in account and approximate of 15 ( give or take a few ) episodes until the Definite End of the Tournament.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:30 pm

Before Jump Festa.
I want a teaser of the next arc from Jump Festa and odds are higher of TOP ends in November.

Also I still kinda want a Santa Claus episode in December filler the way Toei does with Precure.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Chuquita wrote:Before Jump Festa.
I want a teaser of the next arc from Jump Festa and odds are higher of TOP ends in November.

Also I still kinda want a Santa Claus episode in December filler the way Toei does with Precure.
Wait the saga needs to be over to reveal a manga panel or a screenshot of the new saga in jump festa
Mostly active on discord.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:39 pm

We're coming onto episode 111 this week. I see it going on until 120-121.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:45 pm

If this is going to go as a it should, No Surprises like stopping the Tournament for reasons or a new foe, just go all the way threw till the end and their is a winner ~~~ I can see this going and wanting it for another 10-15 episodes, most to episode 125.

I think after that it might start to get to long.

But what is more important is that the Writers get the time to tell the story they want to and are not forced to make it shorter or longer then they want their story to be. My hope is Toei is doing what they can to respect the story creating process.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Konig
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konig » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Ten or so more episodes would be the ideal for me, if there isn't any side plot going on (For example, someone interrupting the Tournament).

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:23 pm

I guess until December.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 pm

I actually want instead of a new arc or instead of just a new arc, I want them to unveil a new Dragon Ball Super movie in the works. Like in the mean time, Super can have some slice of life episodes (including a Christmas episode), a new arc, one not as big as the last one, and then more slice of life leading up to the movie.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:03 pm

The gr wrote:

Wait the saga needs to be over to reveal a manga panel or a screenshot of the new saga in jump festa
This is true. Finishing TOP in November would still work for that though, since Jump Festa's in December.
AnimeNation101 wrote:

I actually want instead of a new arc or instead of just a new arc, I want them to unveil a new Dragon Ball Super movie in the works. Like in the mean time, Super can have some slice of life episodes (including a Christmas episode), a new arc, one not as big as the last one, and then more slice of life leading up to the movie.
A movie actually feels more possible to me now that Toei's finished up some of its TV anime series (as far as I know they've currently only got Super, OP, and Precure on their plate now that Tiger Mask is over and they've shifted their Sailor Moon anniversary project from doing a show to doing movies instead meaning a shorter length).

Ever since TFS started doing DB Christmas specials--no, even before that, back when I first saw the Toriyama drawings of the cast in Santa outfits--I've wanted to see something Santa Claus related. (Zamasu would make a perfect Grinch, but he's gone. Freeza then; Freeza could be the Grinch.)

I miss slice of life Dragon Ball so much.

A normal-length 15 episode arc is what I'm hoping for after TOP. I miss having a shorter arc. Year-long stories work for Precure, but I feel that's because they're so self contained. That's actually the absolute longest I could see TOP lasting until; since TOP began around the time new Precure begin, I could see them going an entire year all the way until mid-late January of next year. I hope that's not the case though.
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

oozaru goku

Post by oozaru goku » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:04 pm

Hope it'll end soon, the show's just a mess. I think it'll air until 2020 when goku will become an ambassador for japan olympics though, just for marketing :yawn:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Chuquita wrote: A movie actually feels more possible to me now that Toei's finished up some of its TV anime series (as far as I know they've currently only got Super, OP, and Precure on their plate now that Tiger Mask is over and they've shifted their Sailor Moon anniversary project from doing a show to doing movies instead meaning a shorter length).

Ever since TFS started doing DB Christmas specials--no, even before that, back when I first saw the Toriyama drawings of the cast in Santa outfits--I've wanted to see something Santa Claus related. (Zamasu would make a perfect Grinch, but he's gone. Freeza then; Freeza could be the Grinch.)

I miss slice of life Dragon Ball so much.

A normal-length 15 episode arc is what I'm hoping for after TOP. I miss having a shorter arc. Year-long stories work for Precure, but I feel that's because they're so self contained. That's actually the absolute longest I could see TOP lasting until; since TOP began around the time new Precure begin, I could see them going an entire year all the way until mid-late January of next year. I hope that's not the case though.
Me too,a Christmas special could be a ton of fun as well with shorter arc,imo 20 or less episode is the suited length for a saga
Mostly active on discord.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 pm

I'd like it to wrap up by the end of the year, around 120 or 121 at the latest. This arc has gone on all year and while it's getting exciting now, I think a change of pace to something different would be quite refreshing.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 am

I don't want it to end. I need at least 100 more episodes, with half of them being flashbacks for every fighter we know little about. I also want a 6 part Jiren backstory showing how he got so strong and when he joined the Pride Troopers.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:34 am

Thats right, this arc actually started in January.

10 episodes, wrap it up. Move on. They tried, we will give you credit for that.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:41 am

We're not even at the halfway point of the tournament yet in-universe. I reckon we still have at least 20 more episode to go. And honestly, I'm probably in the minority that wouldn't mind if it lasted that long. There is still some mileage to get out of this tournament even though the big match-up between Goku and Jiren has already happened.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:46 am

As good as the special was and indeed many of the past episodes, it is starting to try my patience. I'm hoping for no more than ten more episodes.

There's still a lot to get through, that's the scary part. Most of the major characters, plus a fair few fodder characters are still in (at this point fodder is anyone who hasn't had character focus, or a mystery surrounding them ie the bugs and slugs). Nobody got eliminated in the special and most episodes have been at a pace of 2 minutes and 2 eliminations each on average. We need another big sweep of eliminations like in 98 or 101. We need major characters to start taking their bows. If Hit goes down next episode, he better not be the only one.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 am

We have 25 minutes left so I think 15 episodes with 10 episodes that are 2 minutes and 5 that are 1 minute each.
That will also average out at 2 knockouts an episode simce there is 31 left with then 1 left standing at the end.

There will then be 3 episodes about sorting out the wish and Frieza with maybe the set up for the next arc.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:34 am

I prefer the idea of the arc continuing into the 120s before ending with another few episodes being dedicated to the aftermath. Sometime close to the end we might start to see some preview images of the next arc and its cast.