(Spoiler) Episode 115 Caulifla and Kale

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: (Spoiler) Episode 115 Caulifla and Kale

Post by Ziegander » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:35 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TBMx wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ultra Instict is not something he can automatically activate. He is going to need it to fight Jiren again.

It seems like he needs a trigger so this fusion could be it especially as this should be extremely strong.
So lets deduct the time for him to activate it again. Lets say it takes ten minutes for him to get it back. That means he has only ten minutes left to go from being only able to barely move Jiren, to being able to actually beat him. That's why I think the Goku alone theory is bunk.
They will probably say something like his body wasn't used to it last time and now it is.so he performs much better in the new form.
I have the feeling they're going to use zenkai as at least part of the explanation.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:42 pm

TBMx wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TBMx wrote:
So lets deduct the time for him to activate it again. Lets say it takes ten minutes for him to get it back. That means he has only ten minutes left to go from being only able to barely move Jiren, to being able to actually beat him. That's why I think the Goku alone theory is bunk.
They will probably say something like his body wasn't used to it last time and now it is.so he performs much better in the new form.
If he can adapt and progress that fast, what's the point in continuing the series after that? New villain shows up, Goku progresses to his level in ten minutes, the end.
I don't like it either I am just thinking what Toriyama or Toei might do.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:08 am

Here's a fanart of their "fusion" if it ever happens they might look like this (or not)

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:28 am

TBMx wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TBMx wrote:
If a currently weak Goku actually regains Ultra Instinct then surpasses Jiren on his own with it just through "improvement" in under 20 minutes, then it'll take him what, a day to surpass Whis? A week to surpass the Grand Priest? :roll:
Ultra Instict is not something he can automatically activate. He is going to need it to fight Jiren again.

It seems like he needs a trigger so this fusion could be it especially as this should be extremely strong.
What do you mean barely moved Jiren? He barely moved Jiren in SSG but in SSGSS Jiren moved properly and then in UI Goku was completely on par with him and UI just happened to run out the moment he was about to land a lethal blow. It got to the point even Belmod was nervous! "Barely moved Jiren".

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:10 am

BrolyKale wrote:Here's a fanart of their "fusion" if it ever happens they might look like this (or not)

Cool! I'm actually looking forward to seeing what she looks like in the show now.

I have no idea what the personality would be though. As we all know, fusion dance tend to exaggerate the character flaws of the fusees, but Caulifla and Kale have such opposite personalities. One's overconfident to the point of arrogance, the other has no confidence. Would that just cancel out and make a perfectly normal fighter? Or would she just be constantly second guessing herself? Maybe I'm overthinking, we'll see.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:52 am

Kataphrut wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Here's a fanart of their "fusion" if it ever happens they might look like this (or not)

Cool! I'm actually looking forward to seeing what she looks like in the show now.

I have no idea what the personality would be though. As we all know, fusion dance tend to exaggerate the character flaws of the fusees, but Caulifla and Kale have such opposite personalities. One's overconfident to the point of arrogance, the other has no confidence. Would that just cancel out and make a perfectly normal fighter? Or would she just be constantly second guessing herself? Maybe I'm overthinking, we'll see.
That's better looking than the fusees. Looks like Chi-Chi from the filler party episode before EoZ.

As far as personality, you could not get any more exaggerated than Caulifla and Kale. At worst, Kafla could be like Gotenks and be both unbearably arrogant and awfully whiny, perhaps even worse, or even mentally unstable like Fused Zamasu before he was erased by Zen-Oh. On the other hand, Toei has a tendency of ruining good concepts while making bad ones work well, and this fusion idea seems so awful in my opinion Toei could do her wonders. I do hope Kafla ends up balanced, possibly becoming one of my favorite ToP characters.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TBMx wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

What do you mean barely moved Jiren? He barely moved Jiren in SSG but in SSGSS Jiren moved properly and then in UI Goku was completely on par with him and UI just happened to run out the moment he was about to land a lethal blow. It got to the point even Belmod was nervous! "Barely moved Jiren".
UI Goku barely moved Jiren when he started to get serious. Jiren blocked him with one hand repeatedly, and blew him away like a bug.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:14 am

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MKJ

Post by MKJ » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:58 am

Based on the "possibility" of caulifla going ss3 this week and a possible fusion two episodes later might we get a fused Lssj3? Maybe caulifla won't be able to make the ss3 happen without the fusion ala goten and trunks back in the day. Just a thought. It seems as if anything is possible.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:39 pm

MKJ wrote:Based on the "possibility" of caulifla going ss3 this week and a possible fusion two episodes later might we get a fused Lssj3? Maybe caulifla won't be able to make the ss3 happen without the fusion ala goten and trunks back in the day. Just a thought. It seems as if anything is possible.
I don't know, the way Super has butchered the mechanics and entire point behind fusions, I'm not sure why they're even having them fuse. They retconned potara from being permanent to only being permanent if you're kaioshin and lasting one hour if you're not. But then in the exact same episode they decided that, actually, it doesn't even last more than 5 minutes if you use any amount of power. So, outputting power apparently spends time from the fusion, and I'm assuming the more powerful you are even in base fused form the less time you get to spend fused. So we have no idea how long potara fusion even lasts anymore. I'm hoping they don't have Kale and Caulifla use the potaras since then everyone would be throwing earrings into the ring and it would become an idiotic fuse-fest, but also, the fusion dance, so far anyway, seems more stable. It's hard to say, though, they've also used the ki output excuse to cause premature fusion dance defusing in the past, so I wouldn't put it past them.

I want to get hype for Kafla but it's going to have to depend on the writing staff handling the fusion properly, and I just can't have a lot of faith in that since they trash fusion all over the place these days. I think Kafla should stay fused for the rest of the tournament and be really powerful. Watch her barely be above LSSJ Kale, be mildly out of control, and defuse after 3 minutes.
Last edited by Ziegander on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Maybe they'll introduce a third type of fusion? We have the dance and Potara. Or maybe it'll be the U6 equivalent of the fusion dance

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:34 am

New picture from episode 114
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/923800745958191104
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:41 pm

I don't think they would use the earrings since the spoiler it said kale controlled her full power and Champa shows them a new technique and if toei dosent change it then if the fuse in a super saiyan state they cant revert to base form. That's why goku and Vegeta stay base when fusing so that vegetto can go from base to blue.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:17 pm

I'm very interested to see the design of a potential fusion between Kale and Caulifla.

As far as personality goes, I'm sure the fusion will be overconfident in her abilities like Gotenks and Vegito. Saiyan fusions always seem to have a sense of superiority.

I'd like to see this fusion go straight at Jiren to give him some trouble. For Hit's sake, go after Jiren.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:33 pm

That's just early Kale
She used to look like Cabba

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:05 pm

So this is their fusion

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:32 pm

I stand corrected re: the fusion method.

Definitely looks more Kale than Caulifla.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:35 pm

Kafla actually looks pretty good. Bearing more of a resemblance to Caulifla than Kale makes the big difference.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:42 pm

Since they're wearing potara, what's stopping shin from lending his earrings and let goku and Vegeta fuse? Vegito would mop the floor with everyone there. This should have been a dance fusion

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:52 pm

SirTorra wrote:Since they're wearing potara, what's stopping shin from lending his earrings and let goku and Vegeta fuse? Vegito would mop the floor with everyone there. This should have been a dance fusion
That's my question too. If they're allowed to do that then forget Shin, everyone will want their warriors to be able to Potara fuse. Goku and Vegeta would refuse on principle, they're like that. Jiren too for that matter. But the other fighters? What's to stop this from being a big fusion jamboree?