(Spoiler) Episode 115 Caulifla and Kale

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Re: (Spoiler) Episode 115 Caulifla and Kale

Post by Kishido » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:52 pm

SirTorra wrote:Since they're wearing potara, what's stopping shin from lending his earrings and let goku and Vegeta fuse? Vegito would mop the floor with everyone there. This should have been a dance fusion
yeah it’s stupid. All other universes could do so now as well.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:54 pm

SirTorra wrote:Since they're wearing potara, what's stopping shin from lending his earrings and let goku and Vegeta fuse? Vegito would mop the floor with everyone there. This should have been a dance fusion
Three problems with using the Fusion Dance:
1. Even a minor mistake in the routine of the dance can fuck up the fusion and leave you defenceless.
2. Both users take part in the Fusion Dance need to have an identical power
3. The Potara earrings provide a bigger boost in power and lasts longer than the Fusion Dance

But at the same time, there's nothing stopping someone from just beating up either Kale or Caulilfa when they receive the Potara earring, stealing it from them and then just crushing it. Preventing them from fusing with them.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
1. Even a minor mistake in the routine of the dance can fuck up the fusion and leave you defenceless.
3. The Potara earrings provide a bigger boost in power and lasts longer than the Fusion Dance

But at the same time, there's nothing stopping someone from just beating up either Kale or Caulilfa when they receive the Potara earring, stealing it from them and then just crushing it. Preventing them from fusing with them.
Or simply using them on their own

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Kishido wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

Not all the fighters in the Tournament Of Power have ears to put the Potara on properly.

Plus, if Kaioshins are going to be throwing their Potara earrings into the ring so that their fighters can fuse and become more powerful, as some users have mentioned, what's stopping other competitors from becoming wise to that plan quickly and just blasting the Potara earrings into dust before they reach their intended target? Or better yet, after Grand Priest and Zeno see what happens with Caulifla and Kale fusing using the Potara earrings, what stopping either Grand Priest and Zeno from just destroying the Potara earrings of all the other Kaioshin's to prevent another "incident" like Kafla happening?

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Three problems with using the Fusion Dance:

Not all the fighters in the Tournament Of Power have ears to put the Potara on properly.

Plus, if Kaioshins are going to be throwing their Potara earrings into the ring so that their fighters can fuse and become more powerful, as some users have mentioned, what's stopping other competitors from becoming wise to that plan quickly and just blasting the Potara earrings into dust before they reach their intended target? Or better yet, after Grand Priest and Zeno see what happens with Caulifla and Kale fusing using the Potara earrings, what stopping either Grand Priest and Zeno from just destroying the Potara earrings of all the other Kaioshin's to prevent another "incident" like Kafla happening?
If only kale and cauli are allowed to fuse via potara then thats 100% unfair. If true they should be disqualified.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Three problems with using the Fusion Dance:

But at least try it.

And Zeno or GP destroying the others while allowing this would be unfair

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Being Potara based really throws me for a loop. I was really expecting it to be a dance fusion, if not a different variant based on the spoiler about [spoiler]Champa teaching them a new technique[/spoiler]

This honestly baffles me. How is this allowed? Is it the kinda of thing where Zeno thinks it'll be cool and allow it? And if that's the case, could we see Vegito again?

I'm honestly super hyped for this, but disappointed at the same time

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:21 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Being Potara based really throws me for a loop. I was really expecting it to be a dance fusion, if not a different variant based on the spoiler about [spoiler]Champa teaching them a new technique[/spoiler]

This honestly baffles me. How is this allowed? Is it the kinda of thing where Zeno thinks it'll be cool and allow it? And if that's the case, could we see Vegito again?

I'm honestly super hyped for this, but disappointed at the same time
Vegetto is too powerful for fusion

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:23 pm

SirTorra wrote:If only kale and cauli are allowed to fuse via potara then thats 100% unfair. If true they should be disqualified.
Kishido wrote:And Zeno or GP destroying the others while allowing this would be unfair
The Grand Priest and Zeno won't really know what the score is with how the Potara earrings work until someone tells them. But by the time Kalfa will be born and will be too late to undo it. And it's not really against rules to use the Potara to begin with.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Vegetto would be such an easy cop-out to defeat Jiren I hope it doesn't happen.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
SirTorra wrote:If only kale and cauli are allowed to fuse via potara then thats 100% unfair. If true they should be disqualified.
Kishido wrote:And Zeno or GP destroying the others while allowing this would be unfair
The Grand Priest and Zeno won't really know what the score is with how the Potara earrings work until someone tells them. But by the time Kalfa will be born and will be too late to undo it. And it's not really against rules to use the Potara to begin with.
I find it hard to believe that GP doesn't know of a potara fusion. Also unless kale and cauli already had the earrings in their pockets, receiving them from an outside source is cheating.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:42 pm

precita wrote:Vegetto would be such an easy cop-out to defeat Jiren I hope it doesn't happen.
The fusion wouldn't last long enough so it won't happen.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:21 am

precita wrote:Vegetto would be such an easy cop-out to defeat Jiren I hope it doesn't happen.
Fusions have never defeated the Antagonists in Z or Super. It is in the same boat as transformations post SSJ2 Gohan. They never beat the opponent.

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:07 am

Vegetto won't happen he's a last resort fighter. Plus since goku and Vegeta know his limit they will just do things solo as usual unless they learn something to make the transformation last longer. Fusion dance could work but does Vegeta know it enough to perform it. Even though gt is non Canon at this point. If u recall ssj4 gogeta he only lasted 10 mins or less due to him being a goofball till the last min

As for caulifla an kale I like their design so far as a fuse and they will go the Gotenks route to ssj3. I also wonder if they learn to materialize the earrings than just to have a Kai throw it in.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 am

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 am

Diggz92 wrote:Vegetto won't happen he's a last resort fighter. Plus since goku and Vegeta know his limit they will just do things solo as usual unless they learn something to make the transformation last longer. Fusion dance could work but does Vegeta know it enough to perform it. Even though gt is non Canon at this point. If u recall ssj4 gogeta he only lasted 10 mins or less due to him being a goofball till the last min

As for caulifla an kale I like their design so far as a fuse and they will go the Gotenks route to ssj3. I also wonder if they learn to materialize the earrings than just to have a Kai throw it in.
Agreed Vegeta won’t want to do it and frankly either will Goku. They only agree to fuse in extreme desperation. They don’t like to do it. True Saiyans fight alone after all.

Not to say we will never see Vegetto again just not in this arc.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:16 am

BrolyKale wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Not bad at all. Let's just hope her personality is well balanced.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:27 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
The fusion will probably be cocky and arrogant as usual.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:27 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
The fusion will probably be cocky and arrogant as usual.
I think so too. I don't see them being shy lol
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:39 am

Ponytail Kafla without a ponytail Kale as fusion component. Well, well.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"