Theory and speculation Gohan knowing kaioshin abilities

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Diggz92

Theory and speculation Gohan knowing kaioshin abilities

Post by Diggz92 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:20 am

So I was thinking at least in manga trunks learned how to heal others due to being an apprentice with the supreme kai. So what if Gohan knows that or some other abilities that was taught off screen. Being that they are in a tournament it would be useful of course in the anime the my speculation is thrown out the window cause it could have been used by now or they just don't have time since it's battle after battle with them.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Theory and speculation Gohan knowing kaioshin abilities

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:35 am

I'm fairly certain the restorative technique was considered to be an unexpected benefit which Trunks didn't anticipate. Gohan likely wouldn't have had much time to do anything except train with the Z-Sword before the Elder Kaioshin was unintentionally released and his potential was unleashed. Now we do know that Gohan in the future timeline had apparently taught Trunks the Taiyoken since the latter can be seen using it on several different occasions in the manga. It suggests that someone might have either taught Gohan that ability, probably Krillin, or he grasped the mechanics after having observed it sometime in early DBZ, probably the Freeza arc as he and Krillin were fleeing from Dodoria since it would have been the only the time where he could have caught a glimpse of it directly.

With that said, I might be more inclined to side with the former explanation since it's possible that Krillin could have given Gohan instruction sometime after Namek, which is really about the only point of divergence from the original timeline where the earthlings would still be around to help instruct the younger generation on their abilities. Moreover, we've never seen the present timeline Gohan use the Taiyoken, not even in battles where it would have been practical to use like when he was being put on the ropes by Buutenks.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:44 am

Diggz92 wrote:So I was thinking at least in manga trunks learned how to heal others due to being an apprentice with the supreme kai. So what if Gohan knows that or some other abilities that was taught off screen. Being that they are in a tournament it would be useful of course in the anime the my speculation is thrown out the window cause it could have been used by now or they just don't have time since it's battle after battle with them.
I always thought he'd have Kaioshin based abilities. I think his next transformation (if it ever happens) will be based upon Kaioshin concepts.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:14 pm

BWri wrote:
Diggz92 wrote:So I was thinking at least in manga trunks learned how to heal others due to being an apprentice with the supreme kai. So what if Gohan knows that or some other abilities that was taught off screen. Being that they are in a tournament it would be useful of course in the anime the my speculation is thrown out the window cause it could have been used by now or they just don't have time since it's battle after battle with them.
I always thought he'd have Kaioshin based abilities. I think his next transformation (if it ever happens) will be based upon Kaioshin concepts.
Maybe, but most likely not going to happen. But, then again this is Dragon Ball so we don't know yet.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Lionel wrote:I'm fairly certain the restorative technique was considered to be an unexpected benefit which Trunks didn't anticipate. Gohan likely wouldn't have had much time to do anything except train with the Z-Sword before the Elder Kaioshin was unintentionally released and his potential was unleashed. Now we do know that Gohan in the future timeline had apparently taught Trunks the Taiyoken since the latter can be seen using it on several different occasions in the manga. It suggests that someone might have either taught Gohan that ability, probably Krillin, or he grasped the mechanics after having observed it sometime in early DBZ, probably the Freeza arc as he and Krillin were fleeing from Dodoria since it would have been the only the time where he could have caught a glimpse of it directly.

With that said, I might be more inclined to side with the former explanation since it's possible that Krillin could have given Gohan instruction sometime after Namek, which is really about the only point of divergence from the original timeline where the earthlings would still be around to help instruct the younger generation on their abilities. Moreover, we've never seen the present timeline Gohan use the Taiyoken, not even in battles where it would have been practical to use like when he was being put on the ropes by Buutenks.
i agree being that future gohan is the one we dream the present would be since he been/seems mostly self taught and motivated to fight even though he kinda had no choice in a live or die situation without anyone's help. i guess that the downfall of the present gohan he expects to always have someone there to back him up or he gets over confident in his power boost. but i think since he been around piccolo (mentor), dende and the supreme kai he should know something more in term or skills and technique.